Waitlisting question

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
Help me with a waitlisting scenario. Yesterday I picked up 3 nights at VGF and now we are doing our first split stay 2 nights AKV and 3 nights VGF. I would love to stay all 5 nights at VGF or even make my split 1 night AKL and 4 nights VGF.

We are booked at VGF Sunday-Wednesday, I need to waitlist Friday and Saturday. I was going to do one waitlist for just Saturday night and the other one for Friday and Saturday night together.

If I get Fri & Sat together I’m fine with them replacing my AKL reservation for 2 nights, but if just Saturday comes through obviously I don’t want them to replace the AKL reservation. I have enough points that I can hold the AKV reservation and all 5 nights at VGF without going into a borrowing situation. If the Saturday waitlist came through I would just call and modify my AKV reservation.

I know I can just click don’t replace but I had an issue once in the past where I had a waitlist, chose do not replace and the waitlist came through and replaced my original reservation anyways. It was fine in the end, but I was really pissed at the time.

Is there any way to set this up to make sure it doesn’t happen? Different names or a middle initial on the waitlist?

Last edited:
When I was worried about this, I ended up booking the waitlist night in a different name so that there would be no way to cancel the one I had booked. It was for different guests. My original reservation was for me, my son, his family, my DD and her friend. When I did the waitlist, I just booked it in the name of my son and his wife. I had no problem with doing it this way and I was lucky to get the waitlist. It booked the new room without changing the old room. Once that happened, we adjusted the names on the new reservation, and then canceled out the old by calling MS.

I'm guessing Fri/Sat are at the start of the ressie and M,T, W are the last nights. Where is your Sunday night? Am I not reading something.

and if your ressie is M,T,W then Fri/ Sat WL last 2 nights where is Thursday night?

Sorry. I edited my post. We check in at VGF Sunday and check out Wednesday. Looking to pick up the Friday and Saturday before. Leaving on Wednesday.

I agree with a pp. Put the waiting list in another name. If the Saturday comes through, most likely it will cancel your AKL reervation for that night. I've used the waitlist twice. Once it cancelled the other room, one time it didn't. No idea why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter