VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday Corinne! :bday:party:

I'm hoping that there are two rooms in December, one for you and one for me! We will close on our DVC contract in a few weeks, so I have to wait for the points to load before we can book.

We are checking in to the VWL in one week, do they share the same parking lot as the main lodge? If so, does that mean we should use the bell for our luggage? or is their parking that is closer to the villas?

Corrine and Marla

MooseDust blowing your way for those rooms to become available. I checked the DVC website today and SSR is still available, though I know you prefer VWL;)

We are checking in to the VWL in one week, do they share the same parking lot as the main lodge? If so, does that mean we should use the bell for our luggage? or is their parking that is closer to the villas?

Welcome the the groupies pmaurer74!!!

They do share the same parking lot as the main lodge. We prefer to use bell services as its a bit of a walk from parking to the villas. Once you are unloaded, go back to your left at the stop sign, then go as far as you can until the parking lot ends, at this point, make a right. You should see taxi parking on your left in this area, just beyond will be parking spaces for you. This area will allow you closest access to the villas. Walk towards the bus stop and you will approach the villas just beyond up the covered walk area.

Depending on how much luggage we have, we like to carry our stuff back out when leaving, but it can get tiresome if you have a lot, esp. if its heavy.

Thank you for the welcome! We are considering buying a DVC so we are renting points and lucked out with VWL opening up for 3 nights of our 7 night stay. We are staying at SSR as well. VWL is on our list that we wanted to check out. I want BCV, DH wants VWL and I have the feeling we will end up with SSR! Anyway we love the lodge and can't wait to be back and try out the villas!

The ticker says AKV but we switched just a few weeks ago to VWL

4 consecutive nights? Got it! For our birthday girl, anything!:wizard:

Out of curiosity, which days, will we get to meet?????

Dec 1 - 5

Corrine and Marla

MooseDust blowing your way for those rooms to become available. I checked the DVC website today and SSR is still available, though I know you prefer VWL;)

Well, actually, SSR isn't available all four nights!! We want a studio. I almost booked the first night at the BWV last night, but I didn't because I am still trying to figure out my strategy. I currently have 2 wait lists, one for the BWV standard view and one for the VWL. I think I am going to change the BWV wait list to a garden pool view. Hopefully, that will make my chances better. I doubt we are going to get the VWL. :(

Thank you for the welcome! We are considering buying a DVC so we are renting points and lucked out with VWL opening up for 3 nights of our 7 night stay. We are staying at SSR as well. VWL is on our list that we wanted to check out. I want BCV, DH wants VWL and I have the feeling we will end up with SSR! Anyway we love the lodge and can't wait to be back and try out the villas!

The ticker says AKV but we switched just a few weeks ago to VWL

pmaurer......Whoo hoo on your impending WDW trip !!! And welcome to the Groupies !!!! :dance3:

Dec 1 - 5

Well, actually, SSR isn't available all four nights!! We want a studio. I almost booked the first night at the BWV last night, but I didn't because I am still trying to figure out my strategy. I currently have 2 wait lists, one for the BWV standard view and one for the VWL. I think I am going to change the BWV wait list to a garden pool view. Hopefully, that will make my chances better. I doubt we are going to get the VWL. :(

:sad1: Missing you by a few days :sad1:

Just wanted to drop by and say that we are now under 200 days (197!) until our first trip as DVC owners at VWL!

Can't wait!

WELCOME pmaurer74! Always nice to have new Groupies join our little corner of the Dis!

Pixie Dust blowing your way Corinne and Marla. I hope your wait lists come through for you. Corinne, we'll miss you too, by just a few days :(

Great news StanH that you're under 200 days. Just think how you'll feel when you're under 100 days! I can't think of a better place to stay and celebrate your ownership than VWL at Christmastime. You'll love it!

FYI for anyone that may be interested. Did you know that there are Apps available for your smart phone to countdown your Disney vacation? I'm in the process of downloading one now.

Pixie Dust blowing your way Corinne and Marla. I hope your wait lists come through for you. Corinne, we'll miss you too, by just a few days :(
for anyone that may be interested. Did you know that there are Apps available for your smart phone to countdown your Disney vacation? I'm in the process of downloading one now.

Oh darn! Well, I can say I am hoping December will become a yearly thing for us, so maybe next year?! I will most def be booking our beloved VWL at 11 months!

I would love that app, but I still have a blackberry, and I bet they dont have an app for THAT. :rolleyes: lol

Hi groupies! :wave2: I'm sorry for being delinquent for so long. Turns out being a small business owner is really time consuming! I love my new job though & wish I had done this much sooner.

There's no way I'm catching up so I'll just say I hope everyone is doing well.

Happy belated birthday Corrine!!! :bday:

Hope - OKW is a great resort! No, it's not the Lodge but we'd gladly stay there anytime.

DH & I were just talking about our Christmas ADRs. Hard to believe it's almost time to be making them.

I'll try my best to check in more frequently. Bye for now! :wave2:

Dec 1 - 5

Sorry about that, I was looking at 1 beds:upsidedow

Hi All,

DW and I have been VWL owners for 10 years now. We love it there! Who wouldn't with the geyser, huge lobby, fireplace to the ceiling, totem poles, boats to MK, and so much more. We aren't planning to go back till 2014 (we have some RCI timeshares to use also), but I can't wait.

Denmage

Hi All,

DW and I have been VWL owners for 10 years now. We love it there! Who wouldn't with the geyser, huge lobby, fireplace to the ceiling, totem poles, boats to MK, and so much more. We aren't planning to go back till 2014 (we have some RCI timeshares to use also), but I can't wait.

Denmage

Whoa!! A new Groupie who loves the Lodge the same way we do!! Welcome!

We are a pretty friendly group. So grab a rocking chair and join us out on the porch.

PS I have been to your town many times. My best MA friend lives in Attleboro.:goodvibes

Good Morning Groupies :cheer2:

Funny I Can't find my catch up post from a few days ago.... :confused3
Oh gosh I'll try to remember
A big congrats to Jimmy and Tammy Blessing to you and your daughter
a Belated Birthday Wish to Corinne and Pixie dust for your wait list...:wizard:
Marie thanks for the pics I needed that
Eliza Thoughts and Prayers coming your way
Di I think I need to update my phone I'm one step behind the blackberry :sad2:
Horselover and Stopher all the best with your businesses
Stopher I still have pictures to post....Hopefully soon

A Big Welcome Home to all the New Groupies....
yup you found the best place on the boards
BWD, Cheer, WD, Inkmahm, two kats, DDad, warm thoughts :goodvibes

And to Mama Muush
Thanks so much for keeping the the light on

I know I left someone/and something out so sorry :sad1:

Will try to keep up
Boy have you guys hear that before...;)

take care groupies :flower3:

At Home with Kindred Spirits

May2012WDWPass-a-Grille026.jpg

DiznyDi, teapot, Mr teapot, and DiznyDad

May2012WDWPass-a-Grille035.jpg