VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

So Dana and I decided we needed our May trip after all! Initially the plan was to take a family trip to celebrate Dana’s6-0, but we have the wedding now....so we will celebrate with the kids the weekend of his birthday, then he and I will head to the World for a few days.... F & G here we come! :flower1:

PS~ we’re staying at BLT for the first time!

Oh Corinne, I'm so excited! I hope we have opportunity for a quick 'hello'. We'll be there May 3-10.

Trish - Thinking of Jerry and hoping all is well. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Wishing all Groupies a very Happy New Year!

Di

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! As I type this out on my phone - I’m with Jerry in recovery at the hospital - his shoulder surgery was today - more damage and bleeding then the surgeons expected and still a possibility that he’s going to need a second surgery to replace his shoulder due to the extensive damage - but at least I get to take him home tonight -

Happy New Year to you and Jerry. Pixie and moose dust for a quick recovery

So Dana and I decided we needed our May trip after all! Initially the plan was to take a family trip to celebrate Dana’s6-0, but we have the wedding now....so we will celebrate with the kids the weekend of his birthday, then he and I will head to the World for a few days.... F & G here we come! :flower1:

We like BLT quite a bit, and almost added on points there a couple of years ago. It's convenient to so much, and while it does have more of a modern hotel vibe to it than, say, VWL, it's still very Disney. All you have to do is look outside your window!

I tried searching this thread and the one on the Disney Resorts board but no luck. We have a CCV studio with walk-in shower booked, and I was wondering whether those studios seem to be scattered throughout the CCV section or tend to be found in certain areas or on certain floors. Also, do any of the alternate studios have walk-in shower?

TIA! :thanks:

I tried searching this thread and the one on the Disney Resorts board but no luck. We have a CCV studio with walk-in shower booked, and I was wondering whether those studios seem to be scattered throughout the CCV section or tend to be found in certain areas or on certain floors. Also, do any of the alternate studios have walk-in shower?

I had a walk in shower on the 6th floor in April - 6123 It was in the same corner area as the alternate studios - solid balcony wall which is what the higher floors usually have. I've never seen a picture or a report of an alternate studio with a walk in shower. They all seem to be tubs although one may be HA but it wasn't state if it had a roll in shower or not that I recall. I thought that in one of the early posts at on the CCV thread that they were doing some reports of what rooms were what but I haven't looked at it to see how many studios are mentioned.

Sorry it's not too helpful but that's all I've got on CCV other than I LOVED the master control electrical switch by the door. Just genius. It will turn out all the lights at once. Sometimes it's the simple things. haha

I had a walk in shower on the 6th floor in April - 6123 It was in the same corner area as the alternate studios - solid balcony wall which is what the higher floors usually have. I've never seen a picture or a report of an alternate studio with a walk in shower. They all seem to be tubs although one may be HA but it wasn't state if it had a roll in shower or not that I recall. I thought that in one of the early posts at on the CCV thread that they were doing some reports of what rooms were what but I haven't looked at it to see how many studios are mentioned.

Sorry it's not too helpful but that's all I've got on CCV other than I LOVED the master control electrical switch by the door. Just genius. It will turn out all the lights at once. Sometimes it's the simple things. haha

Thanks! Guess I'll just have to be patient! Looking forward to the master control electrical switch lol!

Happy New Year!!!

Sorry I am late to the party. I hope Jerry has continued to improve and that all other groupies had a fantastic New Year.
I have been in and out of doctors offices with Clay since Christmas. We hope for lots of improvement, but right now it is slow in coming.

Happy New Year!!!

Sorry I am late to the party. I hope Jerry has continued to improve and that all other groupies had a fantastic New Year.
I have been in and out of doctors offices with Clay since Christmas. We hope for lots of improvement, but right now it is slow in coming.
:grouphug:

My understanding is that almost all the studios on the FIRST floor of CCV are ones with tubs. See this post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/•the-official-copper-creek-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/page-94#post-59819979 .

The first post of this thread ( https://www.disboards.com/threads/vwl-groupies-lovers-thread-special-collectors’-edition-updated-16-aug-18.3242976/ ) has a floor plan of the CCV villas. You can see that other than the first floor, the studios are pretty spread out on each floor, but yet still clumped in a distinct pattern from floor to floor [pretty much same place on each floor].

There is a discussion in the CCV thread ( https://www.disboards.com/threads/•the-official-copper-creek-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/ ) specifically about where the studios are and what type of shower vs tub they each have, with people noting room numbers and what that room had [see start of it here ( https://www.disboards.com/threads/•the-official-copper-creek-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/page-58#post-59014897 ). Not sure how many are "unknown" at this point, but I think most of them have been figured out.

FYI, according to information in the "Disney Vacation Club Information" forums, there are "78 studios" of which "41 have walk-in showers and 37 have tub showers." There are 42 dedicated studios and 36 studios that are part of a 2 bedroom lockoff. 30 dedicated studios are on the first floor, plus ? 1 ? lockoff. Note the lockoff and 1 dedicated both include the alternate studio configuration.

4115 is an alternate lockoff with walk in shower.

SW

My understanding is that almost all the studios on the FIRST floor of CCV are ones with tubs. See this post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/•the-official-copper-creek-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/page-94#post-59819979 .

The first post of this thread ( https://www.disboards.com/threads/vwl-groupies-lovers-thread-special-collectors’-edition-updated-16-aug-18.3242976/ ) has a floor plan of the CCV villas. You can see that other than the first floor, the studios are pretty spread out on each floor, but yet still clumped in a distinct pattern from floor to floor [pretty much same place on each floor].

There is a discussion in the CCV thread ( https://www.disboards.com/threads/•the-official-copper-creek-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/ ) specifically about where the studios are and what type of shower vs tub they each have, with people noting room numbers and what that room had [see start of it here ( https://www.disboards.com/threads/•the-official-copper-creek-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/page-58#post-59014897 ). Not sure how many are "unknown" at this point, but I think most of them have been figured out.

FYI, according to information in the "Disney Vacation Club Information" forums, there are "78 studios" of which "41 have walk-in showers and 37 have tub showers." There are 42 dedicated studios and 36 studios that are part of a 2 bedroom lockoff. 30 dedicated studios are on the first floor, plus ? 1 ? lockoff. Note the lockoff and 1 dedicated both include the alternate studio configuration.

SW

Wow, thanks!! Very helpful!

SW

The link you posted to studio descriptions is where I had read about the alternate studio with a shower vs tub. To clarify it was mentioned a few posts later that it is an HA room so technically it's probably a roll-in shower so would also have other accessibility modifications. I looked but hadn't ever found any more info on that room.

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year Kathy!!
Prayers will continue for Clay and you and your family. Moose Dust for better days ahead in 2019!!

Along with Sleepy, another BLT fan here! When Tammy and Casey were wanting to stay there for the 1st time, I was very reluctant. The modern feel did not appeal to me. But I am so glad we stayed now, so much so that we are considering selling BWV and buying BLT.

TOTWL is an obvious draw, but proximity to MK, monorail resorts, boat to WL and FW all are plusses. Contemporary also has some great draws of its own as well.

After 2-3 trips always wanting the 5th floor(its the same level as walkway to CR), we decided that a higher floor was in order. Man what a view! We got 14th floor Lakeside and it was great. I think we always felt having to catch the elevator was a deterrent but not at all. Its so fast, unless you get stopped on other floors, you can go from top to bottom in quick time.

Have fun and enjoy!!

I have a tub studio booked at CC in later April into early May. (do not NEED the tub at all, it was all I could get). I wanted to request not on ground floor because my adult son is (basically) non-verbal autistic and could possibly exit the room. (We had him attempt this once at VGC at DL). He is tall enough to reach the child locks. They told me out there at DL to specify the exact issue on reservation, not to just ask for an upper floor like we had done. (they moved us after one night there, VGC ground floor patio does not even have a little fence barrier, it just is wide open, not sure how the CC first floor patios are set up?). Is it all the tub studios that are on the ground floor? (Maybe I will waitlist the shower type room but it is doubtful I could get it, 5 nights).

Once years ago he (briefly) got onto the balcony at BLT but was just sitting in a chair. We almost had a heart attack looking for him in the 2BR suite before we realized where he was. Luckily he does not exit the front door of the room.

I have a tub studio booked at CC in later April into early May. (do not NEED the tub at all, it was all I could get). I wanted to request not on ground floor because my adult son is (basically) non-verbal autistic and could possibly exit the room. (We had him attempt this once at VGC at DL). He is tall enough to reach the child locks. They told me out there at DL to specify the exact issue on reservation, not to just ask for an upper floor like we had done. (they moved us after one night there, VGC ground floor patio does not even have a little fence barrier, it just is wide open, not sure how the CC first floor patios are set up?). Is it all the tub studios that are on the ground floor? (Maybe I will waitlist the shower type room but it is doubtful I could get it, 5 nights).

Once years ago he (briefly) got onto the balcony at BLT but was just sitting in a chair. We almost had a heart attack looking for him in the 2BR suite before we realized where he was. Luckily he does not exit the front door of the room.

Many of the tubs are on the first floor, but not all of them are.

You can make a special needs request to not be on the ground floor. While it can be done through the normal reservation number, you may have better luck through the special reservations line:

"Note: To discuss room requests based on medical grounds, or other special needs, please call (407) 939-7807 well in advance of your stay and the cast members will do their best to ensure that your individual needs are met.

Special Reservations Line: (407) 939-7807"

The person who advised that having the reasoning noted is important is correct; the special reservations CMs know what info is needed on the reservation once you have had the discussion with them. We made our requests through them for our last trip and it was worlds of difference from dealing with the normal reservation Cm we had initially tried to place the requests through -- the special reservation CM knew exactly what was needed, what questions to ask, how to fill ot the Disney paperwork properly, etc etc etc.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter