VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I agree, here's a photo of Jimmy executing the classic "no look" napkin unfolding...not something that amateurs should try in public!

Looks like Im still half asleep! :D The hostess was probably telling me please sir, put your napkin in your lap so we can finally get started:duck:
My DD asked me how I got in to this video, and like Statler and Waldorf say, "we entered a contest. Yea, we lost!!" :sad:

Indy
upload_2018-10-24_10-3-20.jpeg upload_2018-10-24_10-6-30.jpeg upload_2018-10-24_10-6-59.jpeg

Got lucky and snagged a reservation at 50s last minute
Will n Liz got a special dessert from the waiter for their anniversary
upload_2018-10-24_10-8-59.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-24_10-2-4.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-24_10-2-4.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2018-10-24_10-2-45.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-24_10-2-45.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2018-10-24_10-6-15.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-24_10-6-15.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 3
Jimmy - knew that was you & Tammy in the video; you did look a little intense . . . Tell Will & Liz Hello for DiznyDi & I . . .

Jimmy...you are doing an awesome job of posting pictures of your trip! You are setting the bar pretty high for those heading to WDW in the not so distant future. :)

Thank you for taking the time to get the pictures to us. Yours is the first really positive review of the Slinky Dog coaster that I've read. Is is similar to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train as far as speed/twists/turns?

Oh my gosh, I was cracking up, I’m like, hmmm does Cindy realize that’s Jimmy!!!???:goodvibes
With all the videos being posted in and about WDW I'm surprised we haven't seen more folk we know.

BTW - my daughter and I decided to release the R&C tea for the morning of 12/10. We think La Patisserie for breakfast pastries and coffee is more our cup of tea, so to speak.
If anyone is looking for a Two for Tea reservation that morning we can coordinate. PM me.

On another note, I've had a random target bag floating about my room that I decided to crack open and see what gems were enclosed. I was not disappointed at all. Found old maps of Fort Wilderness with Musket Mickey, shopping bags featuring the same (family laughed at me for saving, LOL) The old paper passes with the cord to wear on our wrists or pop through a button hole, Brand spanking new, crisp Disney dollars (who hoo!), The original Large poster map of Epcot, some promo material for the same, sort of a paper dial thing featuring all the attractions and lands, postcards... wow. I should have these archived better than a target bag.

I love treasure chests.

With all the videos being posted in and about WDW I'm surprised we haven't seen more folk we know.

BTW - my daughter and I decided to release the R&C tea for the morning of 12/10. We think La Patisserie for breakfast pastries and coffee is more our cup of tea, so to speak.
If anyone is looking for a Two for Tea reservation that morning we can coordinate. PM me.

On another note, I've had a random target bag floating about my room that I decided to crack open and see what gems were enclosed. I was not disappointed at all. Found old maps of Fort Wilderness with Musket Mickey, shopping bags featuring the same (family laughed at me for saving, LOL) The old paper passes with the cord to wear on our wrists or pop through a button hole, Brand spanking new, crisp Disney dollars (who hoo!), The original Large poster map of Epcot, some promo material for the same, sort of a paper dial thing featuring all the attractions and lands, postcards... wow. I should have these archived better than a target bag.

I love treasure chests.

Cool stuff twinklebug! I've been doing a little cleaning out and run across a couple of old maps and left over ride ticket books. Nothing like your treasure find though!

...Found old maps of Fort Wilderness with Musket Mickey, shopping bags featuring the same (family laughed at me for saving, LOL) The old paper passes with the cord to wear on our wrists or pop through a button hole, Brand spanking new, crisp Disney dollars (who hoo!), The original Large poster map of Epcot, some promo material for the same, sort of a paper dial thing featuring all the attractions and lands, postcards... wow.

I should have these archived better than a target bag.

Just sharing... I've been looking up archival quality boxes etc to fix this haphazard storage solution I had. Special boxes are available as well as kits, but I just need the simplest solution that I may have on hand already. All sources I've read so far agree that common cardboard boxes are a huge no-no as they will contain acid. Apparently, a target bag was one of the best options for storing these documents in. Number 2 and 4 plastics work well. Who would have thunk? Steer clear of #3, PVC.

Still looking up to see if my Rubbermaid fabric Bento boxes would work. They have the right look.

Just a note . . . on eBay . .

Disney Dollars go for as much 10 times face value
Old Disney paper tickets also going for big prices
Original Epcot Posters also selling for interesting prices

twinklbug - if you would sell on eBay, you probably would have enough to pay for that Tea experience . . . almost. :confused3 ;)

twinkle
Cool findings for sure! I love running up on nostalgic finds like yours.
As for the tea, I can't say I blame you for canceling if you are used to tea at a favorite spot, or know enough about teas to be knowledgable. This IMO is designed to be a learning experience for newbies. I do feel it will improve over time. My 1st experience with high tea was at the Roman Baths in Bath, UK. Talk about country come to town! And all tea times after have had to live up to that, and so far I have not found one that surpasses.

Granny
Yours is the first really positive review of the Slinky Dog coaster that I've read. Is is similar to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train as far as speed/twists/turns?

It is IMO, far better than Seven Dwarves. The theming on both are equal, with maybe a slight edge to Seven Dwarves on characters represented. But, thats where it separates. 1. It lasts longer 2. The thrills are there more, not in an intense way, just more creative track. But I believe this is because they had more room to work with. 3. Without giving it all away, very unique coaster in the way it shoots you like a slinky up the track. 4. Smooth ride all the way. Will, who has some back issues commented as soon as we stepped off how he was concerned, but he would be willing to jump right back in line(if the line wasn't so long)
I highly recommend riding this for all!

Jimmy...thanks for the response on Slinky Dog coaster. There are no FastPasses available for the week we will be there in December. We'll have to try it out on another trip sometime!

Jimmy...thanks for the response on Slinky Dog coaster. There are no FastPasses available for the week we will be there in December. We'll have to try it out on another trip sometime!

You might check it before park closing if you have a later day at DHS. And be aware that the parks frequently don't update the wait time or escalate it, probably to discourage people riding late. So it ends up being short waits but you have to get in line to see. We frequently did that at TSM before Toy Story Land.

And I've read Slinky Dog is best in the dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter