• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

We’re planning for 2019? Ok! Me too!

Yeah !

Our December 2019 trip plan is: AKL-Jambo, B2B2B Disney Dream, CCV. So we'll have two blocks where we are at the resorts and available for a Meet :-) The only parks we are doing this trip is MVMCP, planned for the second night of our CCV stay, the rest is all about the resorts.

SW

I think I'm all caught up on groupie posts. I always feel like I have to go back and read them all before I can post again. Our 1 day trip to HS was wonderful.

Erin...thanks for sharing your experiences and opinions of your whirlwind trip. You certainly packed in a lot of activity in that short trip! Always glad to "see" you back here on the thread. :)

This morning I was sitting in bed, missing the Disney Fantasy as well as our resort. So I decided to go through the pics and videos I had stored on my phone. Thought it might make me feel better. I found some videos I had taken during an afternoon thunderstorm. I was sitting out on our balcony at BRV just relaxing. While rewatching the video it struck me once again how serene it was and how no one would expect this scene to be right in the middle of Disney World. Then the frantic warnings of a child shattered that illusion. I got a really good laugh from this. Make sure you have your sound on.

Maybe I can convince her to do so but I need a few groupies there taking pictures and video, because I will be beyond belief again if it happens. She is so funny in this way, at home, she wouldn't dare do something like this. Yet, we go see Yee Haw Bob, and he hollers out her name, Tammy from NC, come on up! And she hops up on the piano with him, and then he prompts her to lead the audience and pick up folks along the way for a continuous train around the Lounge. And its not like she had gotten loaded up or tanked!:D

Love this visual!:)

All of our cruises so far have been Oct or Mar We really enjoyed the Oct cruise on the Fantasy with the Halloween decorations up. The Christmas cruise looks like a lot of fun. May have to put that one on our list!

All of our cruises so far have been Oct or Mar We really enjoyed the Oct cruise on the Fantasy with the Halloween decorations up. The Christmas cruise looks like a lot of fun. May have to put that one on our list!

And you don't have to go at Christmas itself... the Merrytime cruises start in November...

SW

Hello, everybody. I'm just checking in. I hope all is well with everybody. We're doing well here near the Mouse. It's fun just to pop into the Magic Kingdom to see friends or just to hit the Main Street Bakery. I hope everybody is thinking about the December meet up. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody.

Hey WD!! We have often talked about how cool it would be to live so close that we could decide on dinner at Epcot, or just grab a couple attractions before a park closed

And you don't have to go at Christmas itself... the Merrytime cruises start in November...

SW
We almost booked a Nov Fantasy cruise this go round. Dang!!

Hope all the Groupies are having a great weekend. We wish we could make a holiday meet; however, we're not planning such a trip until 2020. By then, we plan to retire--me for good and Luv partially, i.e., she might work PT. Until then, we toil on. . .and I present more pics from our DL trip. Don't worry. It's not an inexhaustible list. pirate:

Tortilla Jo's guacamole made table side. . .
Guacamole_zpsbdzc9c7a.jpg

DD's birthday treat from Tortilla Jo's!
Joes_zpsncxs6ou6.jpg

Some shots of the Paint the Night Parade at CA Adventure. It's a very good parade with extremely catchy music!
Parade2_zpsbagke9ob.jpg
Parade%204_zpstscytq84.jpg
Parade%205_zpsisaphbbq.jpg

Here's the infamous Fireworks headboard at the DLH
Headboard_zpsgfxjqkqz.jpg

Finally, here's a shot of DD with a very classic figure in the background. Much shorter line this way!
Mortimer_zpsplo7dnjc.jpg

Sleepy...thanks for the additional pictures. I agree that the Paint the Night parade is a good one. And I hadn't seen the fireworks headboard at DLH...that looks very cool! :thumbsup2

Hi WD, I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad your move was a good one, and I love that you are able to pop over to the Main Street Bakery on a whim! We won’t be taking a December trip this year, but hopefully next year.

Sleepy great pics, thanks for sharing.

Just stopping in to say hey and get some happy thoughts before heading off to work. Ahh, work, its been a busier than normal summer and they have us swamped right now.
And all this talk about a Dec trip and meet has me missing it already and not sure when a Dec trip will roll back around for us. Will live vicariously through those who do get to enjoy!!

So the pressure is on for DiznyDi. Our son and fiancée has requested that their wedding take place in our backyard. The plans are now in full swing. As I looked over the yard and gardens this past weekend, I couldn't help but think that they are so far from any influence the gardens at Disney should have had on me after the last 26 years of experiencing the Happiest (and most weed free) Place on Earth. The event will unfold at the end of September, so we need to get busy. With all of the issues DiznyDi has to deal with, like her Mom living with us, her own health issues, and taking care of me, she needs encouragement that all will be wonderful in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter