VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

Happy Monday Groupies!

Working our way through the end of another summer. For our teachers, it is ending all too soon. For parents of school children, maybe not soon enough! :)

Looking at the month of August, it looks like we Groupies tend to avoid WDW this upcoming month. Groupie reported trips for August are:

twokats 6-12 SSR
Lakegirl 17-20 BLT / Lakegirl 21-25 BCV

So, not many spies to let us know what's going on in the World.

Kathy & Lakegirl....we hope you have great trips! :)

Happy Monday Groupies!

Working our way through the end of another summer. For our teachers, it is ending all too soon. For parents of school children, maybe not soon enough! :)

Looking at the month of August, it looks like we Groupies tend to avoid WDW this upcoming month. Groupie reported trips for August are:

twokats 6-12 SSR

I don't usually go during the summer either, but this trip was very last minute and very special.
I am meeting my son and daughter in law and my grandson who will then be joined by my granddaughter and her family which also includes my great grandson. I will be the last to arrive, but that will still leave me with 5 days to be with my new great grandson for his first trip to the world.

I don't usually go during the summer either, but this trip was very last minute and very special.
I am meeting my son and daughter in law and my grandson who will then be joined by my granddaughter and her family which also includes my great grandson. I will be the last to arrive, but that will still leave me with 5 days to be with my new great grandson for his first trip to the world.

Kathy...that is just an awesome trip you have planned! But you look awfully young to have a great grandson! Just sayin'.... :rolleyes1

Good luck with the planning for your special trip to WDW. :thumbsup2

MUUSHKA!! Be sure to let us know your plans for 2018 - we can plan around you!! DDad and I would love to spend some time with you and Mr Muush! We'll be in the World May 4-12 :)

Kathy - what a beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Julie - I know you're at your happy place! Enjoy NZ. Come and share with us when you can.

A very Happy Belated Birthday to @BWVDreamin'! :bday:

Happy Monday Groupies!

twokats 6-12 SSR

Hi...Tom and I wanted one last Great Movie Ride, so we are going next week August 8-10, SSR, booked that just last week! then we are also at BLT for 2 nights before DVC Member Cruise.

MUUSHKA!! Be sure to let us know your plans for 2018 - we can plan around you!! DDad and I would love to spend some time with you and Mr Muush! We'll be in the World May 4-12 :)

Julie - I know you're at your happy place! Enjoy NZ. Come and share with us when you can.

We will be at BCV May 4-7!

Hi...Tom and I wanted one last Great Movie Ride, so we are going next week August 8-10, SSR, booked that just last week! then we are also at BLT for 2 nights before DVC Member Cruise.

Oh, I wish I could do that too! For me, losing TGMR is one of the saddest things since the loss of beach and Hidden Springs at VWL. I just loved that ride and it was rare to ever miss it on a trip. I made certain to ride it in April as the rumors were strong for it's closing but I still wish I could do so a couple more times. :( I'm hoping to get some of the commemorative merchandise when they put it online on the 10th. DHS is getting down to almost nothing that it was.

Enjoy your trip!

DHS is getting down to almost nothing that it was.
By design, to be sure. I'm curious what they will rename DHS once the new Lands arrive. I was pleased to hear that at least TGMR is supposedly being replaced by a Mickey and Minnie ride.

In other news, I've updated Page 1 with new photos to bring us more in line with the new look of the Lodge.

Oh, I wish I could do that too! For me, losing TGMR is one of the saddest things since the loss of beach and Hidden Springs at VWL. I just loved that ride and it was rare to ever miss it on a trip. I made certain to ride it in April as the rumors were strong for it's closing but I still wish I could do so a couple more times. :( I'm hoping to get some of the commemorative merchandise when they put it online on the 10th. DHS is getting down to almost nothing that it was.

Enjoy your trip!
Thank you. We are also doing Energy because our sons loved the dinosaurs ...those sons are now in their 40's....this will be a nostalgic trip.

I love TSMM, cannot remember not doing that on a trip to DHS, so we only rode GMR, more sporadically, have done it this year, but going next week is DH's request, I was so happy to get a studio at SSR for 2 nights. We do have a FP for GMR.

By design, to be sure. I'm curious what they will rename DHS once the new Lands arrive. I was pleased to hear that at least TGMR is supposedly being replaced by a Mickey and Minnie ride.

In other news, I've updated Page 1 with new photos to bring us more in line with the new look of the Lodge.

Oh yes, it's on purpose without a doubt. Funny thing, though I never would have placed DHS up at the top of the parks in reality it's where we probably spent most of our time. Ah well.

Nice job on the first page Sleepy!

Oh yes, it's on purpose without a doubt. Funny thing, though I never would have placed DHS up at the top of the parks in reality it's where we probably spent most of our time. Ah well.

Nice job on the first page Sleepy!
Thanks! I had some extra pics just sitting around. . .pirate:

Also, I've updated a few people on the Page 1 Trip and Cruise Lists. Just a reminder, I generally don't update those lists based on what I read on our public pages just in case someone doesn't want that information to be easily located or in case it was just a random "oops, I didn't mean to tell everyone that" moment. So, if you don't mind your trips being front and center on Page 1, just shoot me a PM. :thumbsup2

Once again I missed A Muush sighting . . Dang.

If you're lurking, Hi Muush! :wave:

Just came back to say hello :wave:, no lurking Granny! Hello to everyone! I'll let you know when we go Diane. I think it may not be until 2019. We were just trying to fit WDW into 2018, but no. We have 2 cruises for 2018 and vacation time, unfortunately, is not unlimited. But in the meantime, I look forward to it! And some day Granny, we'll meet!:)

Kat4, that picture was just beautiful, as usual.

Happy Birthday BWVDreamin!:flower1:

Once a Groupie, always a Groupie.:cloud9:

facebook twitter