VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

Boy those cabins have come a long way! Thanks for posting the photo aoconnor! The landscaping looks nice.

Happy Knee Anniversary Bobbi! It's time to dance!

Thanks Twinkle for the birthday wishes!

10 days and counting.....

I think there could be a bit of chaos on the 26th. Not so much with new reservations, but with all the people looking to switch. The people who attempt it online, may lose their existing reservations, we all know that can happen. (So those people will likely call, or use a method that may work with separate browsers or computers.) But some may just go for it, and freak out when they end up losing existing room and not getting CC. I guess this takes away the online advantage. I will try online, as I am not doing a switch for my 4 night 2BR reservation.

But may call too, to switch my 3 day 1 BR...... argh. Would like all week to be at CC.

Pat...good luck with the reservation. I agree that the first day will probably be quite chaotic. But I don't remember them doing this for PBV or VGF on opening day, and surely those were even more in demand! Just was wondering why they think it's a good idea for this date. Have fun planning your trip! :)

I remember booking WLV the original when it first opened up, no real trouble. But there were so many fewer members then. Also booked BCV when it opened up, at that time we were still OKW members. (later sold OKW and re-bought in at BCV, direct).

Wow - the difference in studio availability between this morning and now is remarkable. Are these all new CCV owners getting their reservations in before tomorrow?

Wow - the difference in studio availability between this morning and now is remarkable. Are these all new CCV owners getting their reservations in before tomorrow?

Or is DVD taking rooms out of inventory? They own a lot of points currently (those that are not sold) that are declared, but not sold, so I guess they can reserve inventory for themselves to rent out through the website, too?

I took a look at the availability this afternoon after reading this. My guess, because I don't believe there are enough owners to be booking up all those studio nights yet, is that they are just splitting out the shower and tub options. The way we are looking does not have that option yet so I'm getting it's just one or the other that we we are seeing availability for now.....probably with a shower, and previously what was showing was all the studios.

At least that's my hope for all of you looking to switch! It's what makes sense to me with the huge change in availability.

I took a look at the availability this afternoon after reading this. My guess, because I don't believe there are enough owners to be booking up all those studio nights yet, is that they are just splitting out the shower and tub options. The way we are looking does not have that option yet so I'm getting it's just one or the other that we we are seeing availability for now.....probably with a shower, and previously what was showing was all the studios.

At least that's my hope for all of you looking to switch! It's what makes sense to me with the huge change in availability.

You were right. That looks like the availability for the studio with the tub. Much more availability for studios with a walk-in shower.

Maybe they were owners like us that didn't know they could book at the true 7 month mark before April 26th. We called MS about something else and accidentally found out that we could book before 4/26 and use our other points for a reservation at 7 months for a mid November reservation. We truly didn't know that was a perk of owning CCV.

As to the sudden change in availability some CCV owners could have moved their points into an exchange as lots of new owners like to use their points for DCL using a couple of years of points. Or for those lucky enough to get 2016 points, they might expire before they could use them so the moved them to an exchange.

Well, my luck ran out. I had a person with me this morning for a work related task and wasn't able to dial in until 9:01am. Fast busy signal. I finally got in, but had a 20 minute wait, so I checked availability on the website. The only thing available for the Thanksgiving holiday is the cabin, which I am not going to borrow to book. So, we're staying at Kidani for the Thanksgiving holiday. Not too shabby. :)

Here's a photo from Friday which shows the type of vegetation they are planting between cabins (maybe something similar to come between the cabins and BRV?)

30nkjyx.jpg

Thank for posting. I don't know those bushes look awfully small if any groupies are planning to sleep under them. ;) :rolleyes1

@DebbieB posted this on another thread that is lifted from the DVC Member site:

Member Online Booking Tool Unavailable April 26
In order to provide you with a smooth booking process, the Member Online Booking Tool will be temporarily unavailable to accommodate system updates on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 from 4:30 AM until 9:00 AM Eastern Time.
All of us at Disney Vacation Club appreciate your understanding as we update our systems and we look forward to welcoming you "home" again soon.

April 26 is, of course, the first day CCV can be booked. It seems like Disney is purposely eliminating for one day the online booking advantage for the first general booking day for CCV. Online and Member Service booking will both start at 9:00 a.m. that day.

I'm sure they have good reasons for this, but not sure what those would be. Any guesses?

I've tried a couple times today (in the afternoon including just now) & I can't even get the member site to load. I wasn't looking to book, but I did need it for something else. Disney IT at it's finest. :rolleyes:

It's been an interesting few days around here. Don't think I mentioned that DS17 got his license on April 10. Sat. night he had his first accident. :crazy2: Thankfully he's ok. He did get a mild concussion. No other cars involved. He gave it his best effort though. Car is totaled. :sad2: Ahhh the joys of young drivers. :rolleyes: Major bummer for DS18 as they were sharing the car. Now neither one has a car & I'm back to chauffeur duty. We need another car ASAP. Still waiting on the insurance company to find out how much money we're going to get but we need to start looking now.

On a positive note DS18 has finally chosen what college he'll attend in the fall. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Deposits are due May 1. Champlain College it is. Glad to have the stress of that gone. Now I can concentrate on DS17's college visits.

I need a vacation! :laughing:

facebook twitter