Vistana Resort?? Please read if you have been there lately.

Rolo

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 6. I am interested in Vistana Resort because it is close to WDW, ( we have only stayed onsite before and have never rented a car) and also because it has a slide at the pool. ( a must for my kids) However I am worried about getting in the older sections. We are checking in on a Saturday. What section am I likely to get?? If I request a newer section am I likely to get it??? I appreciate your feedback. Thanks.:)

We were arriving on a Saturday this past October, and I requested the Lakes and something else as a second choice (wish I could remember what it was!). I requested that we not be located on the first floor. We were offered the Lakes on the first floor, or our other choice on a higher floor. I took the Lakes, and we loved it!

I recommend that you run a search of the boards for Vistana. I posted some more information shortly after my trip.

There was a map of the resort which showed which buildings check-in which days. I seem to remember that entire buildings were always the same day (fri, sat, or sunday) but that within each section there were a mixture of check in days. For example cascades had some fri, some sat, and some sun. I don't think we kept this map, but I will double check.

There are 6 or 7 pools. I know that ours (Falls) had a slide, but I am not sure about all of the others. You can go to any pool that you want. We were in an older section because that is where my in-laws actual unit is. They have updated these. so they are nice. They don't, however, have all the ameities (e.g. large bathroom with jacuizzi (how do you spell that???)) that the new units have. I understand the the Fountains are very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter