Virgin Holidays and MDE

My main concern with Virgin is that I've booked my 7 days park tickets with them and I am still waiting for them to show in MDE ... I understand it wasn't so important before but now with the FP+, I hate the fact that I still can't start to look at the FP+ just because Virgin can't provide ticket references... I've called both Virgin and Disney but to no avail... They both blame the other for the delay... Grrrrrr!!!

My main concern with Virgin is that I've booked my 7 days park tickets with them and I am still waiting for them to show in MDE ... I understand it wasn't so important before but now with the FP+, I hate the fact that I still can't start to look at the FP+ just because Virgin can't provide ticket references... I've called both Virgin and Disney but to no avail... They both blame the other for the delay... Grrrrrr!!!

How manys days out are you?

So did I...
She gave me my Disney ref which is obviously useless here... Then she told me it was done in batches so patience is the word... A month before going??? You must be kidding me, right?
Everything else is linked...
All I want and need now is the ticket references or them to be linked automatically but nobody seems to be interested and it really frustrates me ...

So did I...
She gave me my Disney ref which is obviously useless here... Then she told me it was done in batches so patience is the word... A month before going??? You must be kidding me, right?
Everything else is linked...
All I want and need now is the ticket references or them to be linked automatically but nobody seems to be interested and it really frustrates me ...

That's not good mine have always been there :( I would just keep on at them if I were you

To be honest I'm losing patience and getting worried Zi would become rude ;-) but yes I need to get to them

Hi julmops i'M in exactly the same situation as you. Neither disney or virgin appear to be interested. Shockingly Virgin call handlers don't appear to know about magic bands etc and I've had to be very insistent for them to even accept what I'm saying. Concierge was polite but useless, complaints department basically said its nothing to do with them. Disney have said theres a backlog of uk tickets which they are linking manually about 20 days before you fly if you are lucky. Not happy at all, everyone is passing the buck, this is the last time I book with virgin they have been totally disinterested however after pressing I was told they may sort out the issues in the new year.......maybe we should start a support group!

I'm somehow relieved that it's not only me but it's just not acceptable all the same... As this is our last non-DVC trip, it will also be the last time we use Virgin Holidays ... I have now tried to leave a message on their Facebook page but I won't hold my breath for it ...

You won't believe what I've received ...
See below ..

"At present this is currently in testing for passengers that have booked directly with Disney staying at certain hotels, it is due to go live at the beginning of Jan, once we know more we will let you know, as at present we do not send out actual tickets, we send a voucher and you exchange this in resort for your tickets. You will be able to still link this once you collect your ticket in resort."

To which I replied the following:

"I'm afraid to say that it's not correct. I am booked with Virgin as said previously but Magic Bands have been issued to me and my partner and we need our tickets to be linked into Disney systems. Due to the nature of the new systems, all the improvement is in being able to do all reservations online BEFORE going there but it seems that this concept hasn't reached Virgin yet ... I don't want to be rude or anything but you will admit that this is not going the way it should ... I've managed to talk to someone in Disney who's responsible for relationship with Virgin Holidays. She told me that she only had received Virgin information until 31st December. So obviously too bad for the customers going in January ... She will do her possible to get this sorted with Virgin. This is what I call Customer Service. It's not sorted yet but I know she's doing her best and I'm afraid that I'm still waiting to see that happening within Virgin Holidays. You wouldn't believe the amount of non sense and incorrect facts I've been provided with. I'm beyond annoyed now and I would really like to get a manager to talk to me so I can explain in details the level of incompetency I had to go through. Could you please pass this higher ? Many thanks in advance for your help."

After the following response, I've decided to stop wasting my time with this bunch of completely incompetent people:

"I'm sorry you feel this way, the information I've given you has come from our product team, as it is them who liaise with Disney in order to be able to get this up and running with us.

They have advised the following: As we rollout MyMagic+ over the coming months there are a number of technical challenges which may affect Guests travelling from the UK. We’re working hard to resolve these issues, but if your booking confirmation number isn’t recognised you can speak to our Disney Experts who will be able to provide you with an alternative 8-digit reference that can be used to link your Disney Resort hotel reservation in My Disney Experience. At present you are only able to book dining reservations as at the moment you aren’t able to link your park tickets, as per my previous message.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause however as I advised once your tickets have been collected you ill then be able to link them on the app.

I do appreciate that this is frustrating and you would like to escalate this, however they will advise you the same as I have above as this is something that is being worked on and as soon as passengers are able to do this, we will let you know."

I've now been promised by someone in Disney that she would contact Virgin to get things progressed quicker ... Not holding my breath but pretty much the last chance to have it sorted before I'm due to go ...

I would be pretty ticked off if I were you. I just don't understand if you booked a package through virgin why it isn't showing up with your reservation detail. It is for the rest of us and we go in January and have had no problems.

When you click my disney experience at the disney world website
then sign in
then click my reservations

for tickets and passes it is just complete blank?

Mine were always there I just couldn't access them till 60 days out. I know you are a lot less then that now. Clicking make fastpass plus selections on the right hand side has never worked for me. I actually have to click on the day I want in my itinerary and click fastpass+ service there. Also it doesn't work on the app for me. I have no idea why but I'm not worried about that yet.

I would be pretty ticked off if I were you. I just don't understand if you booked a package through virgin why it isn't showing up with your reservation detail. It is for the rest of us and we go in January and have had no problems.

When you click my disney experience at the disney world website
then sign in
then click my reservations

for tickets and passes it is just complete blank?

Mine were always there I just couldn't access them till 60 days out. I know you are a lot less then that now. Clicking make fastpass plus selections on the right hand side has never worked for me. I actually have to click on the day I want in my itinerary and click fastpass+ service there. Also it doesn't work on the app for me. I have no idea why but I'm not worried about that yet.
Nothing shows up yet ... The bottom line is now very clear for me ... Next time I need Disney tickets, I will carefully avoid Virgin or any TA for that matter and book directly with Disney ... Lesson well learned :headache:

Nothing shows up yet ... The bottom line is now very clear for me ... Next time I need Disney tickets, I will carefully avoid Virgin or any TA for that matter and book directly with Disney ... Lesson well learned :headache:

Yeah I don't blame you. I won't book through virgin again though TBH

I have to say we normally use VH but this time for our holiday next year we used Ocean Florida as they were much cheaper. All our 14 uk Ultimate tickets are showing up on MDE and our Magic Bands are also showing waiting to be customised. So I don't think it's all TAs that have "issues"

I have to say we normally use VH but this time for our holiday next year we used Ocean Florida as they were much cheaper. All our 14 uk Ultimate tickets are showing up on MDE and our Magic Bands are also showing waiting to be customised. So I don't think it's all TAs that have "issues"

There are some of us who have also booked with VH that have bands and tickets showing. It is just more frustrating when booked through a TA they will blame disney and disney will blame TA and you can't ever find some one down to fix it. Where if you book directly with disney if there is a problem you just deal with disney.

Happy to see that some of us have better luck ! :thumbsup2
We were very happy with Virgin for January 2013 holidays but it wasn't involving Disney parks so there was no issues whatsoever ... ;)
I keep my fingers crossed that this will be solved soon so I can start planning further ... I'm completely planned out for the moment and feel a bit frustrated ... LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter