Victoria & Albert's non-alcoholic pairing?

Nox

Mouseketeer
Hello! Newbie here! I figure I'll jump right into my question.

I managed to snag reservations for Victoria & Albert's QVR for our eleventh wedding anniversary (I know, odd number - we tried to go last year on our tenth but it didn't work out and we had to cancel.) I've been scouring reviews, and while I was watching Tim Tracker's very helpful review, I caught a tiny glimpse of something on the menu - listed under the spirit-free cocktails, "non-alcoholic cocktail pairing."

"Pairing" would suggest to me that this is paired with dinner similarly to the wine pairing. I know it probably seems silly to go to a fancy place like V&A and not get a wine pairing, but I don't drink alcohol. A "mocktail" pairing seems like it could be a nice substitute for the experience.

Has anyone ever chosen this "non-alcoholic" pairing, or asked about it? Anyone able to shed some light on what it might be about? Thank you!

While I don't know about a mocktail pairing I do know that when my sister got married we did the Chef's Table and her father-in-law and brother-in-law got beer pairings instead of wine pairings so other options are out there.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem at all silly to go to a place like V&As and not drink wine or any kind of alcohol. Some people can't drink it due to intolerances, dislike, religious practices, or trying to remain sober or just don't feel like it. I'm sure they'll work with you to find something that works for you. I've no idea what a non-alcoholic pairing would be but it sounds interesting.

Might not be talking about "mocktails" at all. With all the flavored juices, coffee's, tea's and such a great chef probably has many alternatives at his hands to pare really good food with certain "tastes" to bring out the best in both.

Might not be talking about "mocktails" at all. With all the flavored juices, coffee's, tea's and such a great chef probably has many alternatives at his hands to pare really good food with certain "tastes" to bring out the best in both.

To clarify, the reason I said "mocktail" is because the menu said "non-alcoholic cocktail pairing" and a "non-alcoholic cocktail" is generally referred to as a mocktail. To show what I'm talking about, bottom of the page (sorry for the enormous, blurry photo - the reviewer was moving the camera at this moment):

23jjptf.jpg

It seems information is limited, I can't find anything about it anywhere, on any Disney blog or review or site that I've scoured. This video review is the ONLY place I've seen anything about it, I imagine because many people simply aren't looking at that part of the menu (and the second I heard "spirit-free" I glued my eyes to the screen.)

Seems like I may just be giving it a shot and reviewing it myself! Maybe it'll help others in a similar position.

To clarify, the reason I said "mocktail" is because the menu said "non-alcoholic cocktail pairing" and a "non-alcoholic cocktail" is generally referred to as a mocktail. To show what I'm talking about, bottom of the page (sorry for the enormous, blurry photo - the reviewer was moving the camera at this moment):

23jjptf.jpg

It seems information is limited, I can't find anything about it anywhere, on any Disney blog or review or site that I've scoured. This video review is the ONLY place I've seen anything about it, I imagine because many people simply aren't looking at that part of the menu (and the second I heard "spirit-free" I glued my eyes to the screen.)

Seems like I may just be giving it a shot and reviewing it myself! Maybe it'll help others in a similar position.

They call you about a week before your reservation so I'd be sure to mention then that you'd be interested in that option during they call and then they'll have more time to get your mocktails sorted out.

Reactions: Nox

They call you about a week before your reservation so I'd be sure to mention then that you'd be interested in that option during they call and then they'll have more time to get your mocktails sorted out.

Thank you for this! Immensely helpful. I knew we would have some things to mention when they called, but I didn't think about this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter