Vibration in the Aft

Spackle75

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I have been reading a lot about the bad vibration in the Aft of the Wonder. I was wondering if it was as bad on the Magic. I will be in Stateroom 7622 and I am worried that it will be bad. So is it as bad on the Magic as it is on the Wonder? Should I try to get a different stateroom?

I would appreciate any info. I want to make this a great trip as it has been a long time coming.

Hi,

I have been reading a lot about the bad vibration in the Aft of the Wonder. I was wondering if it was as bad on the Magic. I will be in Stateroom 7622 and I am worried that it will be bad. So is it as bad on the Magic as it is on the Wonder? Should I try to get a different stateroom?

I would appreciate any info. I want to make this a great trip as it has been a long time coming.
I'll admit I haven't been on the Wonder since her re-imagining dry dock, but I don't recall any vibration there. Other than the typical vibration you get when the ship is docking. And that that doesn't last long.

I know (personally) the aft of the Fantasy used to have extremely bad vibrations even when traveling, but it didn't seem as bad on our last cruise on her. Still there, but not as bad.

We were in 7616 on the Magic a couple years ago. There was some slight vibration, which took me some time to get used to, but I think I tend to be a little sensitive. I was the only one who was bothered by it in our group of 6. No glasses walking off of tables like I've read about on the Fantasy.

I don't recall any excess vibration on the Wonder. I think perhaps some people are more sensitive than others, as we always book extreme aft - on the Wonder, Dream & Fantasy. We do notice some vibration when the ship is coming into port/backing up, but nothing that bad (to us).

I can't speak to Wonder specifically, but I think it's a sensitivity issue as has been mentioned. 20ft diameter propellers moving a ship through the water are going to create vibration. The higher the ship's speed and the higher the sea state, the more noticeable it will be. Kind of like the ship's movement. Having spent 25 years in the Navy, I don't sleep better than when I'm on a ship. My wife on the other hand, spent hours awake when we sailed through a moderate storm on Dream. Enjoy your cruise!

We have been on Wonder after the latest refurb and aft vibration was very problematic, worst than just fast sailing or docking vibrations you usually get on a ship. It seems that the problem happened during the dry dock. Having participated in many discussions about the subject, it seems Magic and Fantasy do not have the same problem. Having sailed all three ships this year, Wonder was the only one where we noticed the vibration in the MDRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter