VGT assigned but could DCL change it?

Pixarfans

Mouseketeer
I just received my stateroom for a VGT 18 days out from sailing. Any chance DCL would change it and assign me a different room? I know this is a you get what you get situation, just checking when I can be a happy with what I got (Which I am).

Technically, they can change anybody’s room assignment at any time, even if they’re not VGT if there is a reason or cause. However, most likely you are getting the room you’ve been assigned.

Can we ask for a room change after the GTY room is assigned? We were assigned an accessible room and would prefer a regular room.

You can ask but it's almost certainly going to be a 'No' from DCL. You waste nothing but a few minutes on the phone trying though.

Can we ask for a room change after the GTY room is assigned? We were assigned an accessible room and would prefer a regular room.
Most likely no, but again, you can ask at the port to see if any upgrades (at a cost) are available. That is why the GTY rates are a good deal, you have to agree to take whatever cabin you are assigned. Most people who need an accessible cabin don't wait to book at the last minute, so those cabins are frequently the ones left over and assigned to the people who book GTY rates.

Most likely no, but again, you can ask at the port to see if any upgrades (at a cost) are available. That is why the GTY rates are a good deal, you have to agree to take whatever cabin you are assigned. Most people who need an accessible cabin don't wait to book at the last minute, so those cabins are frequently the ones left over and assigned to the people who book GTY rates.
This is what happened to us several years ago. We booked a Guaranteed ocean view and knew we could get anything from 2 small windows to a veranda.
It had the roll in bathroom/shower, no split bath.
This was our room back in 2018.

DSCN1127.JPG
This was to open the automatic door along with a door bell.

DSCN1155.JPG
DSCN1152.JPG

Last edited:
WOW! That's a HUGE room! I had a problem with my GTY room and did talk to Guest Services AFTER i spent a night there and they did offer a different one. In the end I opted to stay in my assigned room as the 2nd room was noisier than the first (near the theater). If there is a reason besides "preference" like something wrong or doesn't work for you (like you need a bathtub for a child) they might be willing to work with you but better to wait until you are actually ON the ship. Ship staff would have a better idea of what is available.

WOW! That's a HUGE room! I had a problem with my GTY room and did talk to Guest Services AFTER i spent a night there and they did offer a different one. In the end I opted to stay in my assigned room as the 2nd room was noisier than the first (near the theater). If there is a reason besides "preference" like something wrong or doesn't work for you (like you need a bathtub for a child) they might be willing to work with you but better to wait until you are actually ON the ship. Ship staff would have a better idea of what is available.
We liked the room so much we booked the non special needs room specifically instead of a guaranteed rate room the following year.
It was just as big however it had a wall separating the TV area from the bed area.
20190427_133722.jpg
20190427_133737.jpg

We liked the room so much we booked the non special needs room specifically instead of a guaranteed rate room the following year.
It was just as big however it had a wall separating the TV area from the bed area.
Those Dream / Fantasy 8A cabins (specifically 5020, 5022, 5520, 5522 - as shown) are my favorite DCL cabins.

They feel so roomy. And cheerful, thanks to the portholes’ light.

In 18 cruises, a large number of them *GT, this has happened to me once. We booked two IGT rooms, got connecting rooms on deck 2. At port we found out we’d been moved to connecting oceanview on deck 2.

I guess there was an issue with the original rooms as there were already people (performers/guests) in those oceanview rooms when we got our keys. 😭

I just received my VGT assignment on Monday for a Wish cruise next week. The cabin I got was a 5C Accessible on Deck 7 off the back of the ship with a huge verandah with lounge chairs, as well as 2 chairs plus table from what I have been able to find out.

I am so excited for the location with the big verandah. The extra room with the accessible should be nice.

🚢 :earsgirl: 🚢

I just received my stateroom for a VGT 18 days out from sailing. Any chance DCL would change it and assign me a different room? I know this is a you get what you get situation, just checking when I can be a happy with what I got (Which I am).
I've never had a room changed after being assigned. I'm sure they would if something ended up being wrong with the room. Disney is pretty good about making sure customers are happy. If they did have to change your room for some reason I doubt they would downgrade you.

Last May, we got our room assignment in the week before the cruise.

Within 24 hours pre-cruise, got a new cabin assignment. I think we got a better location (same deck, but forward, not aft) - very handy for getting to Trivia and WDT.

However, we had to work to get our CC gifts, lanyards. It seemed like our assignment was a surprise to our steward.

Worked out great in the end. Based usual, waiting for that room number is a challenge. But possibly worth the $ savings.

I’ve had a cabin change 3x on a room that I requested cabin 2020 on the Magic. The last time was 24 hours before we would sail.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

New DISboards Posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest