• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VGF Quick Service

toniosmom

AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!
I remember reading somewhere that Gasparilla Grill at the GF is under refurbishment for a while. Does anyone know if there are any other quick service eateries at that resort (besides the pool)? We will be arriving in April around 9pm and will probably be starving. We're on the quick service dining plan for this stay.

Thanks!

As far as I have ever seen there are no other QS places at VGF but in about the same walk from the villas (maybe slightly father) you can go to the Poly and eat at there QS (Captain Cooks maybe) and it is very good. You can even get a Dole Whip to enjoy on your walk back if you so desire. You can take the monorail back but at the villas that won't really save much walking at all.

rlovew said:
As far as I have ever seen there are no other QS places at VGF but in about the same walk from the villas (maybe slightly father) you can go to the Poly and eat at there QS (Captain Cooks maybe) and it is very good. You can even get a Dole Whip to enjoy on your walk back if you so desire. You can take the monorail back but at the villas that won't really save much walking at all.

Captain Cooks is closing and relocating... no Dole whips in new location

Any idea when Capt Cooks is closing? We'll be there from April 8-13.

That's so disappointing. How can they not have a QS option nearby a deluxe resort? I really don't want to have to take the monorail to the Contemporary to get breakfast. Not to mention the fact that it will probably be more crowded to accomodate the people who would have used Gasparilla.

I was surprised to read here that the resort monorail is also down from 11a to 7pm daily.

Any idea when Capt Cooks is closing? We'll be there from April 8-13.

That's so disappointing. How can they not have a QS option nearby a deluxe resort? I really don't want to have to take the monorail to the Contemporary to get breakfast. Not to mention the fact that it will probably be more crowded to accomodate the people who would have used Gasparilla.

During the time Captain Cook's is closed for renovations they will have a temporary QS location in the main bulilding but with no dole whips available. I have no howeve seen anything on Gasparilla's being closed.

During the time Captain Cook's is closed for renovations they will have a temporary QS location in the main bulilding but with no dole whips available. I have no howeve seen anything on Gasparilla's being closed.

Me neither. Gasparilla had a refurb in late 2012, and I don't think anything is scheduled for the near future.

Gasparilla Grill was open last week, I had not heard anything about it being closed. Captain Cook's will be closing on March 28th. They will be having a temporary QS somewhere at Poly (minus the Dole Whips!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter