Vgc and Vdh- first time at dlr

hhisc16

DHHIR owner, DISDAD
We went for 4 days to dlr for our first dlr trip during the last week of June.

We rented vgc points for 2 nights in a studio and went to dca.

We used our dvc points for 2 nights in a studio and went to dl.

We flew into lax and flew out of sna.

Karmel shuttle did a great job on both trips and highly recommend.

Vgc- loved the theme and location and food

Vdh- loved the history and pool and new rooms

Strategy: we rope dropped both parks on their day. We rode the rides we wanted quickly but noticed it got busy by lunch

Dca- carsland was the best

Dl- loved the rides not at wdw, or were plussed

Downtown disney-we ate at black tap, blue ribbon, salt/straw then shopped at world of disney and disney home

pros: loved our trip to dlr, especially staying with dvc; food was awesome

Cons: monorail does not have ac and shut down when we wanted to go back to room for rest;

At the dvc kiosks, we noticed they were rarely manned. We visited the vgc dvc room that opened at 11. Spoke with the guides at vdh

Overall, me, dw, and dd3 enjoyed the trip. Since wdw is 6 hours by car and dlr is 5 hours by plane for us, we will keep our aps at wdw due to location on east coast.

Last edited:
Was really interested to hear your thoughts on this! We have the WDW AP so it’s hard to ever want to go to DL with the extra cost for tickets but I’ve been considering trying the new tower in 2026. I’m worried I’ll be let down though since I’m used to the expansiveness of WDW.

Was really interested to hear your thoughts on this! We have the WDW AP so it’s hard to ever want to go to DL with the extra cost for tickets but I’ve been considering trying the new tower in 2026. I’m worried I’ll be let down though since I’m used to the expansiveness of WDW.
We enjoyed our trip, but it was added on to our pdx family trip.

Since we were on the west coast, we figured to try it.

The 2 parks were great and we enjoyed our dvc stay at both places!

Next time we come to pdx, we will try it again. (5-8 years from now)

My family loves both WDW and DLR and I have memories from 2010 of buying Disney Premier Passports for $750 each! These were annual passes to enter every WDW park and both DLR parks on every day of the year. It felt expensive at the time but seems like a bargain today!

My family loves both WDW and DLR and I have memories from 2010 of buying Disney Premier Passports for $750 each! These were annual passes to enter every WDW park and both DLR parks on every day of the year. It felt expensive at the time but seems like a bargain today!
Wow wish they offered that!
we were surprised at the price difference between day tickets at wdw and dlr. especially with the taxes.

Glad you had a great trip! Which were your favorite rides that are unique to Disneyland? I'm a huge fan of the ones in Fantasyland - Alice, Casey Jr., and Mr. Toad, especially.
Dca-radiator springs, luigi, monsters (did not ride guardians, spidey, or incredi for dd3)

Dl- toad, alice, snow white, pinocchio, casey jr, nemo

Autopia and pirates are better at dl!
Matterhorn and indy were cool but rough.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest