Veteran's Thread, time to unwind

JDinCO

Mouseketeer
Just thought this we be a good place for intros and idea.

Me, Army retired 11C. 2 tours in Korea 2/9 & 1/506. OIF 1 with 3 ACR.
Been with 2AD 172/6ID, 7ID, 3ID, 4ID, 2ID & 3ACR

Hobbies, Traditional Archery/Bowhunting, RVing

VFW post commander

Hey thanks for the PM

For me branched Infantry, Armor and Intel

3 ACR - Germany, Lewis & Gulf 1, MACV Masster Team, 1/75 IN VN, 1st Cav Hood and OIF, 4-62 ADA Bliss, 42 ID various units (NYNG) - Deployed to WTC also - very surreal

time to introduce myself

US Army 19K 13 years currently active and deployed to iraq
1-67 AR BN FT. Carson CO.-current
3rd ACR - FT. Carson CO. 2003-2007
1-33 AR BN FT. Lewis WA. 2000-2002
HHC 1AD Bad Krueznach GE. 1997-2000
1 year Idaho national Guard

time to introduce myself

US Army 19K 13 years currently active and deployed to iraq
1-67 AR BN FT. Carson CO.-current
3rd ACR - FT. Carson CO. 2003-2007
1-33 AR BN FT. Lewis WA. 2000-2002
HHC 1AD Bad Krueznach GE. 1997-2000
1 year Idaho national Guard

Another Brave Rifle! What troop were you with?

I was Lightning 3/3 Mortars. Hope all is going good for you. How is that BDE CSM holding up?

I wish to thank each of you who has served our country. I am so proud of you and I truly appreciate your service.

I just found this thread.
Thanks to all who served and who are currently serving!
I was a Navy Radioman, RM3, serving from 1971-1975.
I did boot camp in Great Lakes, IL; Radio A School in San Diego; CW C School in San Diego. I spent 3 years as a CW op at NavCommSta Guam and still enjoy operating CW as an Extra Class amateur radio operator (NQ3D).
We currently have a son who just made AO2 (E-5). He is in the Navy and is stationed in the Navy Fleet Readiness Center at Andrews AFB in MD.
My Dad was a GM1 during WWII.

Heartfelt thanks for this thread of introducing yourselves, it is very much appreciated! :thumbsup2

Happy Memorial Day!
I thank all of you (and your families) for your many sacrifices and unwavering service protecting the greatest country of the world!

I am the proud daughter of a WWII vet (RIP dear Daddy :angel:) and spouse of a Korean War vet.
Also proud mom to an active US Army MAJ, soon to be delpoyed to Afghanistan with 82nd Airborne.

thankyousoldier.gif
~~~~~
godblesspastprestentfuture.jpg
~~~~~
bclovefreedom.gif

God Bless America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave! :thumbsup2

Proud Army wife here (DH has 14 years in and going for at least his 20) and daughter of a WWII vet (cook on a Navy Destroyer).

Thanks to everyone who has served and is currently serving. :thumbsup2

Also many thanks to those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. RIP our dear friend MAJ Edward J. Murphy who was KIA April 2005 during OEF.

Sandie - a good friend of mine returned last year from a deployment to Afghanistan with the 82nd. Get ready to send lots of care packages! I'll be happy to send some to your DS and his men as well when they go over if that's ok. :)

Kelley

OK time for a bubble head to join in.

MM1(SS) Edmondson

Enlisted El Centro, CA (where the love of Disney Began)
Boot Camp - Great Mistakes, I mean Great Lakes, IL
A School (Nuclear Machinst Mate) - Orlando, FL (where the love of WDW began)
C School - Goose Creek, SC
Prototype - Goose Crrek, SC
USS Rhode Island - Kings Bay, GA
USS Tennessee - Kings Bay, GA
Trident Refit Facility - Kings Bay, GA

11+ years on the books, less than 9 until I can work for the mouse.

AF family here
DH active duty almost 22 yrs, currently deployed to Qatar and due home w/i 7-10days
he was stationed at Beale (CA), Seymor Johnson (NC) and Travis (CA)
he has spent many days in the land of sand all over the Middle East. He is a Boomer by trade and then whatever else they tell him these days.

I am a 19 yr Reservist
started as a Hosp medic (Mather AFB CA) then moved on the flight medic (Travis AFB CA), then met DH and figured two flyers in one family makes it tough to have a family... so I took a desk job and now Career Advise people. I hav sepent time in the land of sand myself and done some great things as a medic that I wouldn't trade for anything.

As hard as it can be at times, we love serving.

Wife of a Coast Guardsman. He has been in 19yrs this Oct. He plans on doing the whole 30yrs. I love beening a military wife. We have lived in Flx2 Iowa,Cal,and now Northern Va. He has also lived in Or and WA.

Former Air Force here! 8 years
Stationed at Griffiss AFB and Andrews AFB

Also, proud wife to an Air Force man who is about to hit 20 years!

I just found this thread.
Thanks to all who served and who are currently serving!
I was a Navy Radioman, RM3, serving from 1971-1975.
I did boot camp in Great Lakes, IL; Radio A School in San Diego; CW C School in San Diego. I spent 3 years as a CW op at NavCommSta Guam and still enjoy operating CW as an Extra Class amateur radio operator (NQ3D).
We currently have a son who just made AO2 (E-5). He is in the Navy and is stationed in the Navy Fleet Readiness Center at Andrews AFB in MD.
My Dad was a GM1 during WWII.

I grew up in your neck of the woods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter