• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach Resort

wendyww

Mouseketeer
I would like to know more about this resort. Was thinking of going either before or after Disney. Any info would be great!!:confused:

Vero itself is a pretty quiet town, although there are a number of decent restaurants about, there isn't much in the way of "entertainment". Disney's resort itself is typical of Disney quality in terms of service and facilities. I prefer Vero as an "end of vacation relaxation" as it is an adeal place to relax and unwind. There are a number of kids activities and a few interesting places to visit or an afternoon.

IMHO, unless you are a "lie on the beach do nothing for a week" type of person it is likely you'll get restless after a couple of days. I think a 3/4 day break at Vero is about an ideal time

hTTP://VEROBEACH.COM

There is a great restaurant at 4445 Rt A1A about 4 miles south of the resort. It is called the Black Pearl. It is more appropraite for adults and is expensive but fantastic. Check the menu at the front door and days for early bird specials. The Sunday Brunch at Sonyas in the resort is spectacular. It usually starts at 10am. Go early before the masses. Try the Kennedy Space Center for a day. It is about 100 miles north of the resort. Sign up for the turtle watch at the resort. It runs from 9pm to about 11 pm. You get to see 300 lb turtles leave the ocean and lay their eggs on the beach. The turtle watch runs from March through Septeber I believe. Good Luck!

We did two nights in an Inn Room with ocean view before we headed to WDW. It was a chance to unwind from work and school before we headed for fun at WDW. We played in the ocean and lay on the beach for a couple of days and had a great time. We definitely want to head back there on our next summer vacation.

Vero Beach

Disney's DVC Resort is just fabulous and laid back. Actual ocean views from your room may be difficult to come by. There is a protective dune that makes seeing the ocean difficult except from the Cottages and most of the Inn rooms. If possible request for a Ocean VIEW or better yet ask for a direct ocean view (yes, there is a difference). Note you will not see the ocean from the ground floor because of the dune.

DVC Vero has a nice pool area (check the rehab schedule). At the beach you can rent umbrellas, beach chairs and jet ski They often have some fun things to do like nature watching (manatees, dolphins and turtles), kayaking on the intercostals waterway (fishing and sight seeing), Mel Fisher's treasure museum looks like an interesting half day, they run excursions to Kennedy Space Center, organized "teen nights out" where they take kids bowling or Pizza and a movie. I would suggest too call a few days in advance to check on their VB activities schedule. To find out what is scheduled call Eb & Flo's (the activities location there) to make your reservation.

You might want to try to rent a bicycle and ride the "jungle trail" along the nearby river. It is a very old, unpaved road, with swamps, old orange groves, and new condominiums under construction. Beautiful views and very old Florida. Eb and Flos can give you a map and tell you how to find the trail.
One of the best places at VB resort is the Green Cabin Room on the upper level. We had dessert there one evening. They serve themed drinks, specialty coffees and their own micro brewed beer. Dinners in Shutters and the breakfasts are very good. Shutters has some less expensive selections than the other on site restaurant (Sonya's). Shutters serves Pizzas, Pasta entrees, seafood, steak, prime rib, meatloaf and Conch Fritters. Sonya's serves fine steaks and chops.

Around Town

One restaurant that is a favorite is The Patio. It is located in town, is reasonably priced and has fantastic fresh seafood.

The Ocean Grill right on the water in downtown Vero. It's not inexpensive but great food. Kids are certainly welcome but it may not be exactly the place for a family dinner. You might try asking for a window seat.

A recommendation for seafood would be Captain Hirams, Ocean Grill is pretty neat too. Be sure to ask for a seat near the windows to gaze upon the ocean during your meal. Both are short driving distances but Capt Hirams is a little farther (Sebastain), both restaurants are on the map they give you at check-in. Capt Hirams is a more casual restaurant and it seems a place the locals go too. Vero Resort has a big black binder near the DVC area that has all the local restaurants and menus.

The Mall is close by and has movie theaters. Also, you will find less expensive dinner choices around and in the Mall. You can do some window shopping at the Mall or take the tour of the Piper Aircraft factory (Tuesdays and Fridays at 10:00 a.m. and 2 p.m., Reservations Required, Dial (561) 567-4361 & press #5 or x2499).

Thanks to all for info on Vero Beach. My DH and I have given his parents 5 nights at Vero using our points and they leave in a couple of weeks. They usually vacation up on the beach at Cocoa and I think they will love Vero!

The link supplied will really come in handy.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter