Vero Beach or Hilton Head

Tink6666

Mouseketeer
My girls are looking for some beach time either before or after a 4-5 day WDW trip in June 2014. The girls will be 17 & 20 at the time. We are going as a family and DH is not a big lay on the beach kind of guy so, we are trying to decide between the 2 resorts Which resort would you choose and why? We have not been to either.

Thanks!

You didn't say where you live but if your flying in its easy. Vero is only 2 hours from WDW and is a beautiful beach resort. There are tons of activities for kids too. Hilton head is nice too but it's a good 6 hours away. If your combining it with a WDW trip it's a easy choice.........unless you are driving from the east coast north of Hilton Head go to Vero.

There are bike trails to use in both areas, but I think you may find more to do in the immediate HHI area. There are even fireworks around HHI every week. We really enjoy both resorts.

Maybe your family would also enjoy Savannah or Charleston as day trips from HHI. However, we go in July and found Savannah to be stifling hot!

We are driving from Minnesota so either resort will be doable for us.:beach:

I really don't think you can go wrong here. They are both great. Whatever is most convenient should be your selection. Good luck and have a great trip.

We just left Hilton Head today, though I've never been to Vero, my vote is for HH! What an amazing place...so much to do and the pools and hot tub were excellent. Lots of activities and things to do in the area.

Thank you for your suggestions. We ended up going with Vero Beach...no studios available at hilton head :beach:

Thank you for your suggestions. We ended up going with Vero Beach...no studios available at hilton head :beach:

Did you go with studio or Inn Room? One thing..studios have a queen + pull out double bed, but inn rooms! either view have 2 Queens.

This is a great post and I'm glad I found it.
I forget we can go and use our points at either of these locations and have wanted to try both for years.
With fresh points coming in June maybe I will put that on our list of places to try in 2014-2015.

For us it will depend upon which is cheaper to fly into when we decide to go. I will go off season (non-summer) to avoid crowds and heat. It's hot here in Texas so I know hot and sticky!

Again, thanks for the info!
Diana

In my opinion you made the right choice, Both are awesome resorts but Vero Beach has more stuff to do and really interesting places not to far away for day trips :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter