Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

You should try for the Peachtree road race. A 10k with 60k of your closest friends. It is July 4. If you want in let me know I can get 2 more people signed up through being a sponsor. Am sure there is a half or something we can do. Maybe the Halloween half. Can possibly even get @OldSlowGoofyGuy to join :).

That sounds great to me! A weekend race would really work best for me, but I would LOVE to do Peachtree too!

Great pics! Dog families are different than cat families. If we tried to stage a pic with our cats, it would result in the tree knocked down, bleeding, and a small fire.

I'm way behind you in miles, but I noticed the same thing: I'm really close to beating last year's mileage, so I set it as a mini-goal.

For what it's worth: OSGG is in. (although not for PRR. I've run it with my bro for the last 32 years.) CRR 5/10K, Charles Harris 10K if you're looking for a early POT race.

Thank you! LOL, we have three cats too but they were not included in the family picture. Our house is basically a zoo.

I had no idea that I had that many miles last year, now I am wishing I didn't have as many so I wouldn't feel compelled to run more!

YAY! I won't be needing a POT race for a while, but I am good with whatever you and @garneska think would be the best one to do!

Love your family pictures!! Barkley is so big!!! Glad your mom's surgery went well even if more extensive than anticipated.

And, really, is a 12 hour solo drive THAT crazy? I think not...not when the ride ends at WDW Marathon weekend. And, honestly, is being crazy really that bad?

SilverReasonableGlassfrog-size_restricted.gif

Also, I've been listening to a great podcast lately if you like True Crime stuff. It's called Casefile and it's awesome. Plenty of episodes to keep you distracted on, say, a 12-hour solo drive. #disenabling

Love your family pictures!! Barkley is so big!!! Glad your mom's surgery went well even if more extensive than anticipated.

And, really, is a 12 hour solo drive THAT crazy? I think not...not when the ride ends at WDW Marathon weekend. And, honestly, is being crazy really that bad?

SilverReasonableGlassfrog-size_restricted.gif

Thank you so much! He is a big, crazy man now!

LOL, I mean it is 12 hours round trip so it is really not that crazy, but I cancelled our hotel already and cannot find anywhere offsite with a shuttle (driving myself that morning guarantees getting lost). I really want to meet everyone, but I know it will only be for a few minutes before the race. I change my mind literally every other hour. :confused3

Such great family pictures! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!

^^ and I totally echo what @ZellyB said... ;)

Thank you, I hope you did as well!

LOL, Y'all are bad influences (in a good way:rotfl:)

Also, I've been listening to a great podcast lately if you like True Crime stuff. It's called Casefile and it's awesome. Plenty of episodes to keep you distracted on, say, a 12-hour solo drive. #disenabling

Love true crime! I will definitely check it out because I have already listened to all of Serial, Happy Face, Dirty John, In the Dark, and Up and Vanished on my walks with Barkley.

The drive is actually the least of my worries...money, a hotel room, and motivation to even run another marathon right now are the main factors. LOL. Do you think Disney would allow me to use a scooter on the course?? :moped:

i wanted to tag you too @tigger536 but i could not remember the numbers in your handle. I know you are here in atlanta. We should pick something, does not have to be PTRR, but @KSellers88 if you are up for it i can get you in. Would people be interested in a 10k or a half. Let me know what distance people prefer and i will look around at races. @OldSlowGoofyGuy if i can handle running in March I might consider the Charles Harris 10K. I have a 5k for PTRR should get me in B. I would say the Hot chocolate race but it is one week after the 50k so that is a big NOPE from me. We can have a mini rundis meet. I think @Disney at Heart is also in atlanta.

Love true crime! I will definitely check it out because I have already listened to all of Serial, Happy Face, Dirty John, In the Dark, and Up and Vanished on my walks with Barkley.

Then you will really like this one, The first few are unsolved cold cases and while fascinating, I prefer solved ones, so I almost gave up on it, but luckily I didn't because the majority of them are solved cases. I love it.

I love the PTRR! Yes come do it!

I'd love to! It just stinks that the 4th is on a Thursday. I have heard nothing but good things about it. My uncle and cousin have actually ran it every year for the last 10 years.

i wanted to tag you too @tigger536 but i could not remember the numbers in your handle. I know you are here in atlanta. We should pick something, does not have to be PTRR, but @KSellers88 if you are up for it i can get you in. Would people be interested in a 10k or a half. Let me know what distance people prefer and i will look around at races. @OldSlowGoofyGuy if i can handle running in March I might consider the Charles Harris 10K. I have a 5k for PTRR should get me in B. I would say the Hot chocolate race but it is one week after the 50k so that is a big NOPE from me. We can have a mini rundis meet. I think @Disney at Heart is also in atlanta.

I am good with either distance! When do you need to know about PTRR? LOL, I'd love to do Hot Chocolate but completely understand that. I wouldn't even want to walk, let alone run, after a 50k!

Then you will really like this one, The first few are unsolved cold cases and while fascinating, I prefer solved ones, so I almost gave up on it, but luckily I didn't because the majority of them are solved cases. I love it.

I will add it to the list! Thanks for the suggestion!!

I am good with either distance! When do you need to know about PTRR? LOL, I'd love to do Hot Chocolate but completely understand that. I wouldn't even want to walk, let alone run, after a 50k!

For PTRR sign up is in March. Usually around March 15 for about 2 weeks it is open. So you have a little bit of time to decide but not too much. There is also a 15k in Serenbe which is a trail race in March. I did the fall version in Oct and it was a pretty well run race. I know that is a hall from OSGG. I did see a trail race in Gainesville though. i think it is a 15k by Dirty Spokes, i have done one of their races and it was well organized as well.

For PTRR sign up is in March. Usually around March 15 for about 2 weeks it is open. So you have a little bit of time to decide but not too much. There is also a 15k in Serenbe which is a trail race in March. I did the fall version in Oct and it was a pretty well run race. I know that is a hall from OSGG. I did see a trail race in Gainesville though. i think it is a 15k by Dirty Spokes, i have done one of their races and it was well organized as well.

I've never done a trail run, with the exception of Tough Mudder and Spartan which doesn't really count, so that would be interesting! I'd love to do the 50th anniversary of PTRR, only issue is it being on a Thursday. If that is what works best for everyone I will make it work though! The only Atlanta one I have done consistently is Hotlanta. Publix won't work for me this year, but Hotlanta, PTRR, or the Halloween Half are all possibilities!

I've never done a trail run, with the exception of Tough Mudder and Spartan which doesn't really count, so that would be interesting! I'd love to do the 50th anniversary of PTRR, only issue is it being on a Thursday. If that is what works best for everyone I will make it work though! The only Atlanta one I have done consistently is Hotlanta. Publix won't work for me this year, but Hotlanta, PTRR, or the Halloween Half are all possibilities!

That is great for me the three you selected would definitely be on my list. I think Publix in March is still to soon for me but hotlanta I can do, PTRR is a definite for me, and my other thought was Halloween half. @OldSlowGoofyGuy, @tigger536, and @Disney at Heart anything you prefer?

That is great for me the three you selected would definitely be on my list. I think Publix in March is still to soon for me but hotlanta I can do, PTRR is a definite for me, and my other thought was Halloween half. @OldSlowGoofyGuy, @tigger536, and @Disney at Heart anything you prefer?
DH and I will probably do the Triple Peach again this year: PTRR, Atlanta 10 miler, and Thanksgiving Half. We live about 1 1/2-2 hours away up in NE GA, so we generally drive in the night before. Already have Embassy Suites booked for July 3 and generally stay at the Twelve Hotel in Atlantic Station for the 10 miler (right at the start line) and at the Marriott downtown for Thanksgiving Half. I know that Thanksgiving is not a good day for most people because, you know, the family thing takes precedence, but Atlanta 10-miler is a great race and can qualify for a POT for Marathon Weekend. Isn't Hotlanta in June? I know I am always on vacation then. I'll have to look up the Halloween Half. Also, I think @AFwifelife, @AntimonyER, and @gsu1988 live in GA, but not in Atlanta.

DH and I will probably do the Triple Peach again this year: PTRR, Atlanta 10 miler, and Thanksgiving Half. We live about 1 1/2-2 hours away up in NE GA, so we generally drive in the night before. Already have Embassy Suites booked for July 3 and generally stay at the Twelve Hotel in Atlantic Station for the 10 miler (right at the start line) and at the Marriott downtown for Thanksgiving Half. I know that Thanksgiving is not a good day for most people because, you know, the family thing takes precedence, but Atlanta 10-miler is a great race and can qualify for a POT for Marathon Weekend. Isn't Hotlanta in June? I know I am always on vacation then. I'll have to look up the Halloween Half. Also, I think @AFwifelife, @AntimonyER, and @gsu1988 live in GA, but not in Atlanta.

Forgot about the atlanta 10 miler that would be a good one. I have wanted to do it, plus it’s not in June in atlanta. The hotlanta does sound a bit miserable.

@garneska @Disney at Heart I've never done a 10 miler so that definitely sounds interesting to me! I'd love to try it or PTRR! HOTlanta is pretty darn miserable. LOL. I've been looking at information for PTRR and can't figure out how transportation works since it is a point to point race. Is it better to book a hotel near the finish and have someone drop you off at the start? Or stay near the start and have them drive to the finish to pick you up? I'm not so sure about riding Marta by myself since my husband doesn't run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter