Vaccinated women TMI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better get back to the topic at hand
I really do agree these issues need to be looked at more closely than in the past but for getting back to the thread I think and please don't get upset but I think when it gets mentions not getting the vaccine and having already had covid and natural immunity and antibodies that is what causes the thread (at least one cause) for it getting off topic when that's not the topic.

For this thread it was asking If you are vaccinated did you have a similar experience? Did you return to normal after the following month? You've mentioned you are choosing not to get the vaccine right now (that's completely fine) so for you sharing what friends or family you know who have gotten it and if they've had any changes I can completely see but you're not getting it so mentioning having already had covid, natural immunity, not getting the vaccine it just goes off track just by that. What about that thread Tink created about not getting the vaccine for that discussion maybe :flower3: When someone asked about their own child yes I can understand talking about your own child but again talking about already having covid, natural immunity, antibodies and all that can really throw a thread off even if that is playing a part (I think it could be large part for you) to hold off on the vaccine for your daughter. Again please don't get upset with me :o I'm really not wanting this to make this thread go off track myself, it was just something I saw while just reading the threads that I usually choose not to answer on.

I really do agree these issues need to be looked at more closely than in the past but for getting back to the thread I think and please don't get upset but I think when it gets mentions not getting the vaccine and having already had covid and natural immunity and antibodies that is what causes the thread (at least one cause) for it getting off topic when that's not the topic.

For this thread it was asking If you are vaccinated did you have a similar experience? Did you return to normal after the following month? You've mentioned you are choosing not to get the vaccine right now (that's completely fine) so for you sharing what friends or family you know who have gotten it and if they've had any changes I can completely see but you're not getting it so mentioning having already had covid, natural immunity, not getting the vaccine it just goes off track just by that. What about that thread Tink created about not getting the vaccine for that discussion maybe :flower3: When someone asked about their own child yes I can understand talking about your own child but again talking about already having covid, natural immunity, antibodies and all that can really throw a thread off even if that is playing a part (I think it could be large part for you) to hold off on the vaccine for your daughter. Again please don't get upset with me :o I'm really not wanting this to make this thread go off track myself, it was just something I saw while just reading the threads that I usually choose not to answer on.
Actually, I was responding to the poster in this thread that said, "A question for those hesitant because of lack of research on reproductive health. Are you worried that the vaccine inhibits ovulation? damages the eggs? or harms the uterus? What is it about this vaccine in regards to reproductive health? Are there other vaccines that have reproductive complications? (I admit to not doing research in this area)".

My response was totally appropriate to the topic and questions she asked. I never mentioned natural immunity or anything related. A different poster decided to quote me and take the conversation off topic. I chose not to engage in that conversation so the thread wouldn't get off track.

And, yes, I would love to continue the civil conversation we were having in Tink's thread, but it was hijacked by posters that didn't agree with what we were discussing so it was shut down.

@leahgoogle Thanks for answering :)

And now that I look up my schedule, I tested positive for Covid in November (I was very surprised). I considered myself asymptomatic, BUT I did start my period 6 days early that month and had a bad headache, which I attributed to hormones, but maybe those were my Covid symptoms! I had regular cycles after that until March.

Actually, I was responding to the poster in this thread that said, "A question for those hesitant because of lack of research on reproductive health. Are you worried that the vaccine inhibits ovulation? damages the eggs? or harms the uterus? What is it about this vaccine in regards to reproductive health? Are there other vaccines that have reproductive complications? (I admit to not doing research in this area)".

My response was totally appropriate to the topic and questions she asked. I never mentioned natural immunity or anything related. A different poster decided to quote me and take the conversation off topic. I chose not to engage in that conversation so the thread wouldn't get off track.

And, yes, I would love to continue the civil conversation we were having in Tink's thread, but it was hijacked by posters that didn't agree with what we were discussing so it was shut down.
I'm so sorry I gave the wrong impression that was my fault. I wasn't meaning the exact conversation about wondering about reproductive health. I thought that was fine. It was when you mentioned not getting it, because you've had covid, you have natural immunity, antibodies that stuff since this thread was about cycle changes for those who have been vaccinated. I respect your choice but that seemed to take the thread off track there. It can, like you said about the other thread, hijack it :flower3::flower3: I'm sorry the other thread was locked, did they give a reason for locking it?

I'm sorry the other thread was locked, did they give a reason for locking it?
I don't want to have this thread go off so I won't post anymore on that other stuff but for this from the Mod (I checked later on and noticed it was locked too which bites):

"Most other vaccine threads have been closed due to the misinformation being posted.

PLEASE recognize that the DIS is a Disney related, family oriented, travel planning website. This Community Board is provided as a release from the usual topics but is NOT immune from moderation as evidenced in the past.

This thread is on its last leg already from the information and expert opinions already offered and is NOT immune from the fate of prior vaccine topics (which were inhabited by mostly the same posters).

Fair warning."

It doesn't look like there's any more information to go off of but that.

But let's maybe try to move on, I know the curiosity and that you were the one to point out that thread so you probably didn't even realize since you said you wouldn't go on it.

Okay back to what, if any, changes women have had so we don't get this thread locked :) It's a very helpful thread and not a topic that is talked about much clearly as we're finding out!

Does anyone know how many participants have filled out that survey that researcher was doing? I haven't visited the link in a while and I didn't know if there were any news stories out about how many had or if it showed how many had.

I'm so sorry I gave the wrong impression that was my fault. I wasn't meaning the exact conversation about wondering about reproductive health. I thought that was fine. It was when you mentioned not getting it, because you've had covid, you have natural immunity, antibodies that stuff since this thread was about cycle changes for those who have been vaccinated. I respect your choice but that seemed to take the thread off track there. It can, like you said about the other thread, hijack it :flower3::flower3: I'm sorry the other thread was locked, did they give a reason for locking it?
I don't want to have this thread go off so I won't post anymore on that other stuff but for this from the Mod (I checked later on and noticed it was locked too which bites):

"Most other vaccine threads have been closed due to the misinformation being posted.

PLEASE recognize that the DIS is a Disney related, family oriented, travel planning website. This Community Board is provided as a release from the usual topics but is NOT immune from moderation as evidenced in the past.

This thread is on its last leg already from the information and expert opinions already offered and is NOT immune from the fate of prior vaccine topics (which were inhabited by mostly the same posters).

Fair warning."

It doesn't look like there's any more information to go off of but that.

But let's maybe try to move on, I know the curiosity and that you were the one to point out that thread so you probably didn't even realize since you said you wouldn't go on it.

Okay back to what, if any, changes women have had so we don't get this thread locked :) It's a very helpful thread and not a topic that is talked about much clearly as we're finding out!
As far as I know that wasn't the reason the thread was locked. No explanation given and no misinformation was being posted in the other thread.

As far as I know that wasn't the reason the thread was locked. No explanation given and no misinformation was being posted in the other thread.
If that's all the mod listed (and most especially if they gave a warning for that) that's all anyone can go off of, after all the mod is the one who locked it. However, if someone disagrees with the reason a thread is locked or disagrees with the thread being locked from what I understand you would message the mod themselves about it.

In the interest of this thread it's probably best we don't go down that hole though, best to reach out to the mods for more information :flower3:

You don't have to apologize, I just want to clear it up. I had to look back to see when I mentioned natural immunity on this thread. It was a response to this post:

fly girl said:
I had Pfizer and fully vaccinated for over a month now. No issues, but I am on BC and in peri menopause.

My 13 year old dd has not been vaccinated yet. Not going to lie, this concerns me for her. Is this really a one off occurrence?

I responded:

I have a 14 year old and I have heard too many anecdotal stories of this happening to feel comfortable getting her the vaccine. But, she did have covid and has antibodies so I feel I can wait and see how the side effects go for her age group. It’s an unpopular opinion here, but she is low risk and has antibodies and I am just not comfortable giving this vaccine to her until I see long term safety data for her age group.

I have never mentioned myself in this thread regarding natural immunity and only referenced my daughter because the poster said she was hesitant to get her daughter the vaccine and her daughter is about the same age as my daughter. Then other responses got the thread off-topic and I posted we should get back on topic. In that convo and today's convo, I wasn't trying to hijack the thread. I was responding appropriately to a question. Now, if you are referencing a different thread about me referencing myself, that's fair game....lol. But, I have been very careful to stay on topic here.

If that's all the mod listed (and most especially if they gave a warning for that) that's all anyone can go off of, after all the mod is the one who locked it. However, if someone disagrees with the reason a thread is locked or disagrees with the thread being locked from what I understand you would message the mod themselves about it.

In the interest of this thread it's probably best we don't go down that hole though, best to reach out to the mods for more information :flower3:
I did reach out to that mod and they confirmed they were not the ones who locked it. So really no answer is the right answer as the specific reason is unknown and it doesn't list which mod locked the thread. I am emailing the admin email address but wanted to clarify since your post and the other post are not correct information.

EDIT: I am not trying to hijack this post but to stop the wrong information being put out here as truth. I have escalated to the mods about my thread and I will leave it at this. I apologize as this is off topic but since the other thread is closed I could not address there.

This is an important topic that should be discussed. Women's health issues are often ignored & I hope that this thread helps those who need it. :daisy:

Last edited:
ETA: let's agree to disagree and move on. Last thing I want is this thread to end up closed because of tiffs so I'm dropping it and getting back to cycle disruptions.

Edited out of respect for the OP, it's gotten way off topic (my fault as well)

Last edited:
Everyone I'm sorry :(:( I didn't mean to get off topic. I shouldn't have mentioned that other thread. If a thread is locked I respect that. It was innocent wondering why it was locked since I promised I wouldn't look at it. If even mentioning it means people take this thread and use it to just debate with each other about why it was locked because they don't feel it was for this reason but instead this reason and the other way around that it was for this reason the other person quoted but not something else that wasn't what I wanted. I really don't want to have this thread get locked, for any reason. If I have any more updates on anyone else I know who has gotten the vaccine I will come back on 🙂

ENOUGH!

If you want to turn this into another pro/com vaccine thread, PLEASE find another site. The arguing and finger pointing will stop now.

If you want to discuss unusual responses to your personal vaccine experience perhaps contacting your personal physician would be best.

Yet another thread has been closed and the reasons why were just explained.

The global COVID pandemic created unprecedented restrictions, disruptions and changes to our travel, work, shopping, schooling, social interactions and so many other aspects of our lives since the beginning of 2020. We’ve all been affected, and we have been inundated with news, information, mis-information, frustrations and opinions. We’ve heard them, we’ve shared them, we’ve argued about them.

The discussions, debates and arguments about the virus, distancing and masking policies, various politicians’ statements and actions have been overwhelming and divisive. Many threads on the DISboards have been derailed or devolved into arguments due to this topic. We understand the passion, but feel that we’ve let the discussions run their course. We are sure there are better places on the WWW to learn about and debate scientific, medical and political issues. The mission of the DISboards is to be a great travel resource and a friendly community.

Now that travel is opening up again, it’s time to refocus on that mission!

From this point on, we will welcome information on COVID policies RELATED TO TRAVEL. Things like the vaccination policies issued by venues or destinations, the cleaning or distancing procedures in use, practical tips for travelers or things they might need to know that are different from location to location are all valid topics. Any official policies issued by Disney, other travel destinations, cruise lines, airlines, etc. regarding requirements for visiting parks or cruising can be shared. This information needs to be on-topic for the specific forum and thread where posted.

We will NOT welcome debate or opinion about medical, scientific, or political aspects of the pandemic. There are a few often repeated trigger items that won’t be allowed: No statistics about infection rates, no ranting about individual rights, no “face-diaper” comments, no debate about whether vaccinations or masking are effective, no discussions about which governor or politician or news personality did or said what.

In summary: COVID related discussion should be limited to actual policy and practical application, and NOT veer into opinion or debate.

We understand that you may be passionate in your opinions on this topic and want to discuss or debate them, and appreciate your understanding that there are more appropriate places than the DISboards to do that.

Thank you,
DISboards Administrators

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter