Utterly Disgusting!!!!

::yes:: just leave the thread. It's disgusting.

What's odd is that they run to punishment and violence themselves (even though the hand breaker said she was 'kidding' instead of behavoir modification, which is called for in the instance of crayon throwing and kicking a table (have these folks ever BEEN in a kindergarten classroom>).

They have NO appreciation of how a disability affects a child's behavior...they have that knee-jerk "he's a bad kid...and they're bad parents" reaction.

Wow - that is just amazing (the story itself). Horrifying is the word for it I think.

As for the thread on the CB - I have a lot of opinions about that but all I can say is that I don't read the community board because of stuff like that. These boards are huge and attract their share of nutcases who just enjoy being opinionated and stirring up trouble .....

What's odd is that they run to punishment and violence themselves (even though the hand breaker said she was 'kidding' instead of behavoir modification, which is called for in the instance of crayon throwing and kicking a table (have these folks ever BEEN in a kindergarten classroom>).

They have NO appreciation of how a disability affects a child's behavior...they have that knee-jerk "he's a bad kid...and they're bad parents" reaction.

::yes:: Like I said over there...I'm glad God sent my child to me and not one of them. That poem keeps going through my head, what's the name of it? Was it The Special Mother? I can't remember.

Yes, it's The Special Mother by Erma Bombeck. Here's a quote that I find appropriate right now regarding both what happened to that little boy and for those upset by certain posts:

"I will permit her to see clearly the things I see...ignorance, cruelty, prejudice....and allow her to rise above them. She will never be alone. I will be at her side every minute of every day of her life, because she is doing My work as surely as if she is here by My side".

I haven't been back today, but I was sad that last night nobody responded to my post. That thing too me forever to write! My bf looked at it and said it was probably because I used objective facts and they knew they couldn't argue with it. (It could also be that it was rather long) :)

As for the thread on the CB - I have a lot of opinions about that but all I can say is that I don't read the community board because of stuff like that. These boards are huge and attract their share of nutcases who just enjoy being opinionated and stirring up trouble .....

Unfortunate but true. I stay out of there almost all of the time.

I haven't been back today, but I was sad that last night nobody responded to my post. That thing too me forever to write! My bf looked at it and said it was probably because I used objective facts and they knew they couldn't argue with it. (It could also be that it was rather long) :)

I thought your post was great, but I am afraid it was way over the head of most of the posters on the CB thread.

Since the percentage of uneducated people on the thread seemed to have increased (or at least their number of post) I thought I would give it another try to provide some education to them so I posted again.

I like beating my head against the wall Ha ha

bookwormde

Since the percentage of uneducated people on the thread seemed to have increased (or at least their number of post) I thought I would give it another try to provide some education to them so I posted again.

I like beating my head against the wall Ha ha

bookwormde

I loved your post.

this was on glen beck tv show saw it online
a mother from canada who is a teacher and a parent of an autistic child started a petition to have the teacher fired go here
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/

the link is on the main page over 5000 sigs so far

Even if that kid was the Bad Seed and a total social deviant still he would have a right to be treated humanely and privately instead of being embarassed and austercized.

I was the one who mentioned the novel. It was as an example of the worst child possible, disabled or not. The point I was making was that even if the kid was truly disruptive and other stuff that the teacher did not have the right to do what he did. I am not and did not say the kid was the bad seed. Just that IF he was a menace to society that there are set procedures, laws, rules and guidelines that need to be followed.

Now I hope that in the proper context that that is straightened out.
Jill was a class mate who broke pencils, was disruptive, and would take her shoe off in class. We all knew the Jill had something wrong with her but we just lead our lives as if she was normal. The teacher never drug her out of class and when necessary dealt with her privately or sent her to the principal's office. Maybe things have changed in 40 years, sigh, hope not.

Thats the most repulsive thing Ive heard in a long time. I cannot believe that each child had to pick something they didnt like about the boy. Imagine that. And then, he was just outted..spend your day with the nurse? Why does the NURSE get to watch the boy? How ridiculous. Now the kid wont go back. I really think that I would be sueing the teacher, and the district. I really would. Nobody should be hurting children like that. I hope that teacher goes down in flames..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter