Upgrading tickets purchased on Chase UR Portal to AP's?

magickingdomprincess

DIS Veteran
I want to purchase UO tickets on the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal using my ultimate reward points. I am planning on upgrading these to AP's after we go to the parks. I just want to verify that these tickets should be able to be upgraded? Has anyone done this and can verify it works, or anyone tried this and been denied? Thanks!

We had a similar question many years back on this topic.

Don’t remember UO policy about upgrading free tickets.
Believe if the tickets don’t list a cost price, it may not have value?

I have received day passes before that had no monetary value on them which meant I could not use them for an upgrade.
But could use them to enter the park.

Contact UO for current policy and info.

We got tickets through Chase UR portal for Thanksgiving 2018. My memory is a bit fuzzy on the details, but I'm pretty sure they were vouchers that we redeemed at the kiosks for regular tickets. We always upgrade to AP's and went back June 2019, so I don't think we had a problem upgrading. Sorry I can't be more definitive, but I can say for sure that we weren't denied an upgrade, I would definitely remember that!

We've upgraded loyalty tickets before without an issue. We never got gate value for them but did get pretty good value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter