Updated Disney Gift Card Deals and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never ordered from BJ's (I don't have membership) but I order a lot from Staples and OfficeDepot (non gift card orders) and it has always posted even though the email on my account doesn't match the email on my RMN account. More likely the order by PrincessJasmine didn't track since gift cards are specifically excluded for BJ's on the RMN page.
I've had this happen a few times. Once I ordered shoes from Rothy's and used a different email, purchase did not track and when I reached out to RMN, they asked for email confirmation and said email address had to match the one on my RMN account. Happened with Vineyard Vines as well, although that site rarely tracks automatically.

I think it's more YMMV if using a different email account. And if it doesn't track automatically and you have to reach out to RMN, they will not credit you.

Had a weird experience yesterday using a Disney Gift Card to pay for dinner.

I was at Akershus Princess Storybook dining at Epcot and we split the bill with my brother. We both paid by Disney Gift Card.

The 2 gift cards had different pictures, and I told her which one was mine and to charge 4 people to my card and the remaining 3 people to the other card. You pay per person there because it is a family style meal.

When she rang everything up, she said I did not have enough money on my gift card - which was weird because I knew that card had enough on it, but I gave her another card. Then they told my brother that his card did not work, so they had to pay by credit card.

When I got the check to sign, I did not get my original gift card back - I had to ask for it back - which I did get back, but I thought it was weird that she didn't give it back to me.

Then I checked the value of the card she told me was empty and it still had over $500 on it!!!!!!

I don't know if this was a scam and she was planning to keep that $500 gift card or not. I want to think the best of people and maybe she simply scanned the same gift card twice (my brother's card had $200 on it and they took $200 off of my check). But she confirmed 2 times which card was mine and which was my brothers.

To be safe, I transferred the value of all cards that she touched off to a different card.

Thankfully I have all the numbers written down (in a password vault app) for any cards I use, so if I did leave without that card and it was an honest mistake, I could still transfer it off to another card.

But still highly suspicious to me. Be careful out there!
The gc card should have been returned when she said it didn’t work. I would have reported it to Disney Guest Services, both as a complaint that it didn’t work as expected (that should be unacceptable) and for the CM not returning it.

Your brother needs to watch that CC as it could also have been a ploy for CC numbers.

I just recently rejoined. I have not received any coupons through the app. Mine have all been through the mail. I honestly rarely use my BJ’s membership unless I’m buying gift cards, more of a Costco family. I use the coupon, don’t go for a while, coupon comes, buy gift cards and don’t go again until the next coupon comes.
We too are a Costco family but I have been doing a fair amount of shopping at BJs for a few months now. So you're saying you've been receiving let's say $20 off $150 generic coupons in the mail? I haven't gotten anything besides maybe a spend $40 on diapers get $10 back or something like that. Interesting.

We too are a Costco family but I have been doing a fair amount of shopping at BJs for a few months now. So you're saying you've been receiving let's say $20 off $150 generic coupons in the mail? I haven't gotten anything besides maybe a spend $40 on diapers get $10 back or something like that. Interesting.

I’ve had an in store membership for over a year & an online account for probably 5-6 years before that. I’ve never gotten any kind of coupon like that either.

Last edited:
We rejoined in April with an offer to rejoin for $20 get $20 in rewards after so a purchase of $XX. Can’t remember the exact dollar amount I had to spend. Since then I have gotten 3-4 offers in the mail. I remember one was $10 off $50, one might have been $10 or $15 off $150. Most recent one that just expired this weekend was $20 off $150. They usually come inside a little folded paper coupon thing in mail.
Prior to that, I had a different BJ’s account (probably 2 years ago) and all of my coupons came through the app/email.

I’m in NJ but it isn’t in my local circular either… got it in a special ShopRite email.

I’ll be interested to hear what they say!
I didnt make it last night because I ended up working really late. I wont make it today either but I did ask my husband to stop in and inquire (and gave him the shopping list😉). I will let you know.

Kroger CC offers per DoC
  • Amex 20% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to make purchases in-store at Kroger online at kroger.com or through the Kroger mobile app by 10/22/2024. Limit of $15 back in total statement credits
  • Chase & Citi have different variations. Watch for Kroger vs Kroger.com and your amounts. Variations include
    • $10 back on a purchase of $50 or more at Kroger.com
    • $5 cash back on your Kroger purchase when you spend $50 or more
    • 5% cash back on your Kroger.com purchase, with an $8.50 cash back max
    • 10% cash back on your Kroger purchase

An interesting tidbit about Office Depot gift cards: I placed an order on Office Depot for a laptop and used 3 Office Depot gift cards for part of the payment. The laptop then went out of stock and Office Depot cancelled the order. I called them 2 days later and asked them how they were going to refund me for the gift cards, and they told me when an order paid for by gift cards, they refund by sending you a check in the mail in 3 - 4 weeks.

Having said that, I would not recommend anyone going out and buying a few thousand dollars of OD gift cards, placing some OD orders, and then cancelling them just to get credit card points. I'm pretty sure that would get your account banned with OD and possibly a protracted fight to get your money back.

Did a quick check this morning of Sam's Club and BJ's Wholesale Club and their Disney GC prices (as of today) are:

BJ's Wholesale Club
$25 Physical or Digital GC : $24.49 2.04% savings
$50 Physical or Digital GC : $48.49 3.02% savings
$100 Physical or Digital GC : $96.99 3.01% savings
$150 Physical (3-$50's) GC : $144.99 3.34% savings
$500 Physical GC : $479.99 4.00% savings

Sam's Club
$50 Digital GC : $47.98 4.04% savings
$50 Physical GC : $48.98 2.04% savings
$75 Physical (3-$25's) GC : $71.98 4.03% savings
$150 Physical (3-$50's) GC : $144.98 3.35% savings
$200 Digital GC : $190.00 5.00% savings
$500 Physical or Digital GC : $484.98 3.00% savings

**I was able to add the $200 digital GC to my Sam's Club cart but I didn't need to purchase, so I didn't. I know sometimes people in the past had trouble adding/purchasing the $200 digital GC (but I think that's when it was 10% savings, instead of 5%).

Hope this helps! :)

It's been awhile since I purchased giftcards at target; did they up the maximum allowed per transaction? I feel like we used to have to slowly accumulate them, waiting for purchases to post before we could get more, but this time I was able to buy more at a time. Anyone know what the current limit is?

It's been awhile since I purchased giftcards at target; did they up the maximum allowed per transaction? I feel like we used to have to slowly accumulate them, waiting for purchases to post before we could get more, but this time I was able to buy more at a time. Anyone know what the current limit is?

A few years ago I called Target CS and requested to speak to upper management who said the in-store limit was $1,000 a day. After posting this info, several peeps posted their store was more or less. Possibly depending on the limit set on their cc? I honestly don't know. Another peep posted his store limit was $1,000 and then he went to CS and was able to purchase an additional $2,000 on the same cc. I've since removed the DP. I think you need to go to your store to find out.

A few years ago I called Target CS and requested to speak to upper management who said the in-store limit was $1,000 a day. After posting this info, several peeps posted their store was more or less. Possibly depending on the limit set on their cc? I honestly don't know. Another peep posted his store limit was $1,000 and then he went to CS and was able to purchase an additional $2,000 on the same cc. I've since removed the DP. I think you need to go to your store to find out.
Ahh that turned on a lightbulb, thank you. :idea: We'd always purchased in person before, but I was doing it online. Must have different limits there... I'll just push my luck and see when it complains.

This is a naïve question. If I have two Target Circle Bonuses activated, will purchases count towards both?

Specifics: I have an earn a $25 reward when I spend $250 on qualifying purchases; and an earn a $25 reward when I make 3 qualifying purchases of $80 or more. Both show as activated.

I'm hoping I can "double dip" with this.

This is a naïve question. If I have two Target Circle Bonuses activated, will purchases count towards both?

Specifics: I have an earn a $25 reward when I spend $250 on qualifying purchases; and an earn a $25 reward when I make 3 qualifying purchases of $80 or more. Both show as activated.

I'm hoping I can "double dip" with this.
That would be amazing if you could. Im not certain though.

My Target offers this round on 2 accounts are spend $80 3 times get $25, spend $70 3 times get $20. Ugh makes DGC difficult without having to over buy or buy fillers.

I just got spend 3x$80 for a $25 reward. I then bought a $100 DGC to finish off my spend $160 on qualifying purchases earn $15 before it expires in a few days, and it double dipped! So I got credit towards the new 3x$80 as well as the spend $160 total.

Edit: I see you all were just talking about that! So consider me your DP :hyper:

I got "make 2 qualifying purchases of $40 or more, to earn $10 in target circle rewards." I assume one purchase pf $80 would not work? I only ask because I was going to order physical goods from Target (non-gift card) and I have the 20% off teacher bonus but that is only good on a single order.

If I had part of the order shipped and part picked up in store, do you think they would count that as 2 separate orders for the bonus?

Last edited:
I got "make 2 qualifying purchases of $40 or more, to earn $10 in target circle rewards." I assume one purchase pf $18 would not work? I only ask because I was going to order physical goods from Target (non-gift card) and I have the 20% off teacher bonus but that is only good on a single order.

If I had part of the order shipped and part picked up in store, do you think they would count that as 2 separate orders for the bonus?
I think that would be considered 1 order

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest