Updated Disney Gift Card Deals and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
So those of us that bought tickets with the codes with Viator recently, that have not yet tracked, do we assume we aren't going to get any cash back with RMN?

I'm still seeing 10% cb on RMN, I would certainly put in a ticket for that! You didn't buy a gc, you bought tickets. Direct link
You should be fine.
1722020107815.png

Thanks!

Am I reading correctly that the Spend $X are now only calculating if you hit the spend after red card discount? I'll find out soon enough when my first $100 GC processes, but that would stink.

I thought I had seen reports of that, the offer doesnt say that though. I was too scared to try it so I bought a filler I was going to buy anyway to get me above $80 after tax and discounts.

This is incorrect. That applies ONLY to deals that you have to activate to get like a coupon (For instance: click to activate this deal to get $1 off toothpaste). If the deal is automatically included, like 5% off gift cards, then the spend amount is based on the total before the 5% Redcard discount.

This is incorrect. That applies ONLY to deals that you have to activate to get like a coupon (For instance: click to activate this deal to get $1 off toothpaste). If the deal is automatically included, like 5% off gift cards, then the spend amount is based on the total before the 5% Redcard discount.
Yup, my full $100 tracked despite only paying $95 with the Redcard. I figured a change of this magnitude would have lead to more chatter on the thread, but I've also been tapped out for so long that I was really only scanning the back pages.

So my 7 day park Hopper plus ticket that I bought via Viator is only valued at $642.23 according to the cast member I just spoke to about upgrading to the Sorcerer's Pass.:scared: The ticket is $729 on Disney's website...I paid $620 with the 15% off Viator code. So if what the first cast member says is true (and the purchase doesn't track on RMN) then it isn't a good idea to buy tickets via Viator to then upgrade.
Learn from my mistake! (and also don't tell my husband my math was wrong...I did some serious Disney math to make It seem like I needed an annual pass instead of the $99/day 4 park ticket:crazy:). Off to book more vacations so I can justify this purchase!

So my 7 day park Hopper plus ticket that I bought via Viator is only valued at $642.23 according to the cast member I just spoke to about upgrading to the Sorcerer's Pass.:scared: The ticket is $729 on Disney's website...I paid $620 with the 15% off Viator code. So if what the first cast member says is true (and the purchase doesn't track on RMN) then it isn't a good idea to buy tickets via Viator to then upgrade.
Learn from my mistake! (and also don't tell my husband my math was wrong...I did some serious Disney math to make It seem like I needed an annual pass instead of the $99/day 4 park ticket:crazy:). Off to book more vacations so I can justify this purchase!
I bought the Trip Advisor discounted tickets last year, and I just called to change the dates on mine (haven't done the sorcerer upgrade on my own yet) and it was within $2 of what I expected it to be. Maybe try again?

I bought the Trip Advisor discounted tickets last year, and I just called to change the dates on mine (haven't done the sorcerer upgrade on my own yet) and it was within $2 of what I expected it to be. Maybe try again?
I don't go until Sept so that is my plan, just keep calling until I absolutely need to do the upgrade or someone gives me answer I like :rolleyes1

You bought a ticket, not a GC. Sure it might not track, but that shouldn't matter, you bought a ticket through RMN. If you went into your browser history, would you not see your paper trail? The connection you made at RMN?

You bought a ticket, not a GC. Sure it might not track, but that shouldn't matter, you bought a ticket through RMN. If you went into your browser history, would you not see your paper trail? The connection you made at RMN?
Honestly it is my first time using RMN so I have no idea how their support is. I usually use Rakuten. I'd hope they have good support but it hasn't tracked yet. I figured I would wait until Sept 7 when the ticket date is to inquire if it hasn't tracked by then.

How long does it take for the 300 reward on a new Disney visa (after spending 1,000 in first 3 months) to show up in your account?

My husband showed the store managers. I sent him the link you shared. I guess I could buy a $100 GC to test it but if it doesnt work as it should I do not trust these managers to do right.
Just got it at Commack! Asked customer service and they had a sign right there on the counter with the details. Do it without any worries about it not working!

Did I see reports of Target now requiring the total spend to be met after the 5% red card discount? Or maybe that was only for $ off purchases not rewards earning purchases
I never saw this answered. Have two offered (one of which expires tomorrow) and am curious if there’s any merit to this.
ETA I went ahead and tested this. I had a $20 reward for a $200 purchase, used my red card so it came to $190 but I got credit for my completed offer.

Last edited:
Just want to verify - I still haven't used my 10% Cashback Chase offers for Staples.com (online only) - Looking at the first page, it says 3rd party e-gift card purchases are processed by Staples and should track?

Going to buy some gift cards for eBay to buy something at 10% off. Anyone else have experience here with eBay gift cards bought through Staples.com and whether it counts as a Staples purchase that will track for Chase offers?

I never saw this answered. Have two offered (one of which expires tomorrow) and am curious if there’s any merit to this.
ETA I went ahead and tested this. I had a $20 reward for a $200 purchase, used my red card so it came to $190 but I got credit for my completed offer.
Thank goodness, very happy that there isnt a change.

Just want to verify - I still haven't used my 10% Cashback Chase offers for Staples.com (online only) - Looking at the first page, it says 3rd party e-gift card purchases are processed by Staples and should track?

Going to buy some gift cards for eBay to buy something at 10% off. Anyone else have experience here with eBay gift cards bought through Staples.com and whether it counts as a Staples purchase that will track for Chase offers?
Ebay no, but all of my 5 chase cards that purchased DGC physical by mail tracked and most have already paid out to my account.

So those of us that bought tickets with the codes with Viator recently, that have not yet tracked, do we assume we aren't going to get any cash back with RMN?
I needed 5 WDW tickets. I bought 2 tickets for (separate purchases) on Viator 7/14, they each tracked the next day as pending. And neither of the emails I had the tickets sent to was the email associated with my RMN account!

I then bought a ticket 7/21, 7/22, and 7/24 (trying to maximize my the cash back since it caps at $50).
None of the last three purchases moved into pending. I opened a case on each of those three purchases. Two out of three of those purchases was sent to the same email address that's associated with my RMN account

Does anyone know if Disney TYPICALLY gives the *value* of the ticket (i.e. in your case $729) or if Disney someone knows we only paid a reduced amount to Viator (i.e. in your case the $620) and gives credit for *actual amount paid*?
Keep us posted on what you find out if you call again a different day!

Does anyone know if Disney TYPICALLY gives the *value* of the ticket (i.e. in your case $729) or if Disney someone knows we only paid a reduced amount to Viator (i.e. in your case the $620) and gives credit for *actual amount paid*?
Keep us posted on what you find out if you call again a different day!

It is a recent change (in the last few years) and it depends what the vendor reports. For sites like UndercoverTourist.com they report the value that you actually paid, so what you get back if you trade it in for example to upgrade to an AP, you get what you paid UT.

However, in the very recent past (last 1-2 years), TripAdvisor and Viator reported what you paid before any coupons. So if you traded your tickets in, the value you got was generally what you paid BEFORE the coupon was applied.

Its possible TripAdvisor / Viator (they are the same company) changed the way they report the purchase price of your tickets to Disney to include the coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest