Update on Swaps

I'm so glad things are looking up! I dread having to move MIL (or my mum for that matter) out of their own homes:scared: but it can be for the best. We have a sheltered block next to DS(7)'s school, and all the residents get invited to school events, they get to watch rehersals for all the school plays and music events and the choirs sing to them at the major fesitvals like Christmas and Easter. They have their own appartments, but there's also a lounge and a garden so no-one need feel lonely, and a caretaker on call for things like changeing lightbulbs :thumbsup2 My mum always says she wouldn't mind being there, or else a really expensive care home :scared1: so lets hope she stays fit;)
:pixiedust: and prayers you can get home and sleep soon:goodvibes

My MIL resisted moving and giving up driving but she is a lot happier where she is now. We got her tons of help to do food shopping and to take her to the DR and such.

Don't let your MIL give DH a hard time, Im learned a long time ago that you can't stop living your life because you are too far from family.

I'm glad Grandma is doing better. Give her hugs and kisses from me!

Shauna, I hadn't been on line for the last week and am so happy to hear Grandma is doing so much better and so quickly!

My Grandma fought tooth and nail to go into assisted living....after the first week she was totally in LOVE with it, all the new friends, card games, outings and someone to cook and clean for her.

send you all :flower3: :hug: :goodvibes get some rest and take care of yourselves too.

Lisa

Well, she didn't end up getting moved this morning. Her vitals aren't as stable as the doctor would like. Her heartbeat is fluctuating again and she has stopped eating.

We're not sure what is going on and the doctor won't say much other than she needs to be closely observed.

Thanks everyone. We're taking things one day at a time.

more prayers and :pixiedust: and lots of :hug:

This has been quite a week!

I know all too well the ups and downs of recovery. Patience is key. My mom has a plaque that hung in our kitchen when I was a kid and it is back in her kitchen now. It says "Keep me going, Lord". When I was a kid I totally didn't get it, but now I do. Take a deep breath. We're here for you if you need us.

I'm thinking about you. Prayers and Pixie dust to you, your family and your grandmother. pixiedust:

Shauna....Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and sending many healing wishes and pixiedust your way. Don't forget to take care of yourself, too!

Thanks ladies.

She's doing well. They are moving her tomorrow morning for sure as she has been stable for 2 days now and they aren't worried about the fluctuations since they've been normal for 2 days.

We are flying out Tuesday afternoon. We are both exhausted and are not looking forward to getting caught up at home.

Thanks again for all of your support. It has been so amazing to come on here and feel the warmth and support. It's so incredible to realize that bits of paper brought us together and created so much more.

Y'all are the best! :flower3: :grouphug:

happy to hear things are better, have a safe trip home and get some well deserved rest.

Lisa

We got her all settled this morning and she is doing well. She is reallly tired all of the time and the doctor says she'll be in the hospital for another week.

Thanks again for the support. I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter