UP, UP, and Away A September 2018, 10th Anniversary TR *Completed 7/22*

I am such a fan of UP....does Carl ever make an appearance anywhere on a regular basis? I have not found him ever. Thanks.

What an excellent solo morning! You experienced so many attractions in such a short time and took SO many great pictures of Toy Story Land! I've not seen many pictures with TSL so empty!

I LOVE the popsicle stick wall! That's brilliant!

I love seeing the 13 minute wait at Tower of Terror, too. :cloud9:

That's such a great solo morning! I'm jealous how much you were able to get done, and I consider myself to have had a fairly productive HS morning!

Wow... that's the perfect morning to me! Up and in the park with hardly a soul around and ending it with a ride on Rock n rollercoaster.

What a fun solo morning! Must have been cool seeing a near empty TSL!
It was awesome, give me an empty park park any day and I am a happy girl.

I am such a fan of UP....does Carl ever make an appearance anywhere on a regular basis? I have not found him ever. Thanks.
OMG I would love to see Carl, but unfortunately I do not believe there is anywhere you can see him. He was in the music of Pixar festival they had a few years ago at DHS, but that's it as far as I know. We now have Dug, Russell, and Kevin, so maybe one day we will have Carl.

What an excellent solo morning! You experienced so many attractions in such a short time and took SO many great pictures of Toy Story Land! I've not seen many pictures with TSL so empty!
Thank you, whenever I get a near empty park to explore I go picture crazy. Thankfully it has happened a few times and only one time was for a paid event (After Hours), so I take advantage.

I LOVE the popsicle stick wall! That's brilliant!
You can't miss it in the exit of TSM one side is Popsicle wall and the other is the checker wall.

I love seeing the 13 minute wait at Tower of Terror, too. :cloud9:
Such A+ theming

That's such a great solo morning! I'm jealous how much you were able to get done, and I consider myself to have had a fairly productive HS morning!
It does help that there were literally only a few hundred people there. I felt quite lucky to be there and took full advantage :D

Wow... that's the perfect morning to me! Up and in the park with hardly a soul around and ending it with a ride on Rock n rollercoaster.
It was certainly one of my highlights of the trip.

When I got back to CBR, the boys weren’t even dressed yet, so I had to get their butts into gear. Our destination for the afternoon was Disney Springs.

We have never had much of an opportunity to explore down here. Our first stop was the Lego Store.

The boys of course wanted to play.

Giant Lego

After some playtime we hit up a bunch of shops at in a row. The Pin Store, World of Disney, Basin, the Co-op, and Once Upon a Toy. The World of Disney was a letdown. The store was mostly closed at that point, but you could see how boring they were making it. I get that it is sleek and more modern to fit with the other parts of Disney Springs, but I felt like they should have kept some of the whimsy of the original. We bought a lot of things, that we had been eyeing over the last couple of days.

Connor showing off his slap bracelet

I could have gone in more stores, but we had an ADR coming up, so we had to make our way back across DS. Our lunch reservation was at Homecomin’. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this restaurant and I was excited to finally try it out.

Of course we had to play around with the mustache coasters.

DH and I got a cocktail. I got the local RumHaven coconut water rum, lime, simple syrup, and fresh pineapple. DH got the Blue Hooch, Blue Flame moonshine, lemon-infused moonshine, blue curaçao, house-made simple syrup, fresh lemon juice and a splash of Sprite. This drink was incredibly strong, too much for me but he loved it.

The boys got chicken and mac and cheese. DH and I both got the friend chicken and doughnuts.

We both fell in love immediately. The chicken was perfectly coated and moist. The potatoes, were creamy and had a strong cheddar flavor. The doughnuts melted in our mouth. Everything about this meal was perfection. While we were finishing up lunch, the chef came out and talked to us. He was so fun and boisterous. He has worked with Disney for a long time and lived all over the country. He was really fun to talk to and we couldn’t stop raving about our food here to him. He left when our desserts came, but it was a treat to talk to him. Joe got a dessert special which was the key lime pie.

He said it was good, but didn’t stand out to him. I got the Hummingbird cake which was another amazing dish. It combines my two favorite fruits, pineapple and banana with a cream cheese frosting. I was in heaven after this meal, but we ate a lot ,so we had to roll ourselves out of the restaurant.

After lunch, we went out to the bus stop and looked for the DVC van to take us over to Saratoga Springs. We had a very nice driver who talked all about DVC on the way over. They provided car seats for the boys, so that was a nice peace of mind for me. We were checked in and then we walked the boys over to the child care center there. They were excited to play and hang out there while we got the sales pitch. We had to wait in the waiting area for our DVC rep and they had beautiful stained glass windows of all the Disney castles.

Our DVC guy told us that since we already knew about DVC, it shouldn’t take more than 30-40 minutes for the pitch. In reality we were there for two hours. All of what he said made sense and honestly if we had not already decided going into that we weren’t going to do it, we would have signed right then and there. I think it probably does make sense for us to buy into it. However, the biggest draw back is the only thing they were selling at WDW was Copper Creek and the lowest room at Copper Creek doesn’t fit five people. We would have had to really change our planning and stays to make DVC fit at the time. Plus we bought and house and car in 2018, the last thing we needed was to make another investment. So it was a no for now, but I was glad to get all the information. We picked the boys up and had our sundaes in the DVC area before we took a DVC van back to Disney Springs.

At this point we were way behind schedule, and had to rush back to the room to get changed into our costumes for MNSSHP. We decided to drive the car over.

It was insanely hot and DH doesn’t like to wait for the tram, so by the time we got to the TTC we were very sweaty. We took the monorail to MK.

I bet you want to see our costume reveal…

DH and I were Carl and Ellie and the boys were Wilderness Explorers. I got most of the components for the costumes on Amazon. I made the sashes and hats myself. They were nice cool costumes, except for mine. My dress was polyester and not great in the heat.

We were in the park by 4:45 and oh my gosh was it hot. I think the feel like temp was 103. Which I mean, we live in Texas so it shouldn’t have been that bad, but I think the humidity was killing me. We headed straight for the overflow exit behind Main Street.

We got our bag of candy and got two PP pictures.

We missed our FP for Buzz, but we had one about to become active for SDMT. We stopped for more PP pictures first.

All the boys were pretty apprehensive to ride SDMT, but they got on without much coaxing.

While it may not look like it, they all had a blast. Our lunch at Homecomin was far behind us and we were ready for some dinner. We have never eaten at Pinocchio Village House, it the last quick service I haven’t tried. We got flatbreads and slushes for everyone and grabbed a seat by the window.

Everything was delicious and the boys had a blast waving to the people riding it’s a small world. After dinner we had a little over an hour until the part officially started, so we tried to get in as many attractions as we could. First up was dumbo.

Nicholas doesn’t look pleased, I think he wanted a different Dumbo. We then went on Barnstormer. It was just after six, and the park was closed to day guests and FP, but J and N tapped their magic bands and we lost two of our anytime fastpasses. The CM said it didn’t show up, but we checked later and the FPs were gone. Everyone had a good time on Barnstormer at least. We then walked to Tomorrowland for our family’s favorite ride, Peoplemover.

We grabbed the picture while in line.

We also jumped on Buzz to make up for the missed FP.

Sadly my picture didn’t end up in our account, which is sad because something amazing happened!!

We got stopped on the ride in a room with a very high value target. Probably the only time this will happen. I stopped at the desk in the gift shop and got my Galactic Hero sticker. The party had officially started and it was crowded. We figured it would empty out, but it was more crowded at 7 then it was at 5. We tried to get in line for Space, but the wait was 75 minutes. Instead we got in the candy line at CoP. We ended up waiting 15 minutes in one line. The boys had fun dancing to the music from the dance party though.

After we got candy we went over to the dance party. Nicholas had a blast with Mike and wanted to show him his candy.

We wanted to try and get on all the special rides, and since Space was out for now, we headed back to Fantasyland for Tea Cups.

At this point, I was starting to see this part was going to be very different from ones I have been to in the past. For reference I have been to three sold out parties prior to this one (which was also sold out), two MNSSHP in 2014, 2016, and MVMCP in 2017, and I have never seen MK like it was on this night. Every inch of walking path was wall to wall people. We were miserable from the outset, but trying to make the best of it. We were going to get in another candy line in Storybook Circus, but N saw Minnie and he begged to see her. I tried to tell him we would see her later in the trip, but he insisted it had to be witch Minnie. Sensing we wouldn’t be getting much else done anyway, we got in line. DH took the other two to find some candy. The line In Storybook circus for candy took them 30 minutes to get through. Then they went on Barnstormer twice. I don’t remember what else they did, but in the end N and I waited an hour to meet witch Minnie. C decided he wanted to meet her to so he jumped in line with us at some point.

After meeting Minnie, I think we were all wanting to go back to the room. Something that all of us had been looking forward to was turning into a not so fun night. I really try to stay positive at Disney, after all you’re in Disney which is pretty much better than anywhere else, but I wasn’t feeling it this night. I also felt like the CMs were frustrated as well, constantly have to yell to guests where to walk in the sea of people and make sure lines weren’t blocking traffic. I just felt like everywhere I looked it was miserable people, which is really quite sad. Determined to not be discouraged, we went over to Adventureland to get on Pirates of the Caribbean. I think the wait was 30 minutes, definitely a record for us, but we passed the time eating our candy. The live actors in the queue were really fun and helped pass the time as well.

It was getting close to the fireworks time, so we made our way back toward Main Street.

We found a good spot in the hub and all relaxed. I passed the time talking to a couple who were there on their honeymoon. This is my favorite fireworks show at Disney, so I pretty much just enjoyed, but I did get a few pictures.

After the fireworks were over we fought the crowds to Liberty Square so we could find a spot for the parade. We got a spot just beyond the bridge. N and J passed out right away.

Since C was the only one awake, he got to enjoy some time with me and DH and got to enjoy a Lemon Chill.

Last edited:

Sounds like a nice time at DS, especially your meal at Homecomin!

Your MNSSHP costumes came out great!! Love the PP pics.

Sorry it was such a crowded party. Sounds like they are packing more people in each year.

But glad you could enjoy Hallowishes! My fave show too- I'm sad they will be replacing it this year.

Sounds like a nice time at DS, especially your meal at Homecomin!
It was, and I highly recommend Homecoming

Your MNSSHP costumes came out great!! Love the PP pics.
Thank you

Sorry it was such a crowded party. Sounds like they are packing more people in each year.
Unfortunately that does seem to be the case, and it's too bad.

But glad you could enjoy Hallowishes! My fave show too- I'm sad they will be replacing it this year.
I am sad about it too, I can only hope the new one is better.

Today was the day we could finally sleep in, and we all desperately needed it. We skipped breakfast and jumped on the bus to MK.

I apologized because I didn’t take any pictures for awhile. We decided to take the train to Fantasyland instead of walking. Our lunch this day was at Be Our Guest. We had pre-order the lunch while on the train, so we were able to go right it. We always get the same thing croque monsieur for me and French dip for DH, grilled cheese for the boys. We also got our favorite cupcake, the Master’s cupcake. We had some time before our next appointment, so we decided to go on UtS.

We then made our way over to Adventureland for a brand new experience for us, Pirates League. Last time we were at WDW, N was only 2, so I was so excited to finally have them all be old enough to do this. They checked us in and the boys picked their makeup look. C chose Black Beard, J chose Black Eyed Jack, and N went with the Ghost pirate. We were called back and each one took a turn picking out their pirate name.

Formally Nicholas

Now Jason Battleshout

James

Charles Truesilver

Connor

Benjamin Tackrash

We were led into the salon area, and they met their pirate stylists.

We really lucked out with absolutely amazing CMs here. Each of them took the cues from our kids and worked well with each of there personalities. C’s pirates was crazy, loud and boisterous, perfect for C. J’s was very quiet and walked him through everything. Up until literally days before J was insistent that he was not going to get face paint. Even though he changed his mind, he was still apprehensive and she was great easing his fears. N’s pirate was very patient, which is perfect for a four-year-old.

C and his pirate

J getting his black eyes

Very cool décor and theming

N almost done

C saying the pirate pledge

One happy ghost pirate

Once their makeover is complete they recite the pirate pledge and are given their swords. We were then lead into a secret room by N’s pirate. N’s pirate and C’s pirate had a funny relationship throughout the experience constantly calling to each other and saying boyfriend and girlfriend to each, it was really fun. Well C’s pirate was hiding behind the globe in the secret room and jumped out to scare her “boyfriend” when we were led in. I am a jumpy person so this scared me. We all laughed and I told her she almost made me swear in the Magic Kingdom:rotfl2:. The boys were then able to get their pirate treasure, which was a medallion on a chain.

I really wish they had a PP person here, but I had to make due with my camera.

I was able to get better pictures of each of their looks once back in the main lobby of the Pirates League.

There was a PP Cm outside of the Pirates League, so we got some good pictures there.

https://postimages.org/
This experience was one of the highlights of the trip. The boys obviously loved the transformation, but it was super entertaining for us to watch as well. All the cast members here are on their A-game and really make it worthwhile.

Last edited:
Great parade photos! Sounds like you made the best of the night.

Cute PP pics in front of Under the Sea!

The boys look great after their experience at Pirates League! Sounds like a really fun thing to do!

Your meal at Homecomin' looks delicious! It's so hard to make time to get to the Disney Springs restaurants and so many of them look so tasty!

I'm sorry MNNSHP wasn't as much fun as you were hoping! It looks like you managed to have some fun regardless. Your costumes were AWESOME and I'm glad you were able to catch Hallowishes and the parade. I've never attended a MNNSHP and who knows if I ever will, but I've read that the parties are getting more crowded.

I finally went to BOG for lunch on my last trip (I'd only gone for dinner previously) and I really enjoyed it!

Your boys look FANTASTIC as pirates! I'm glad you had such a great experience there!

Homecomin looks awesome. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal... as you mentioned, I've really not heard a bad review of the place. We need to get over there sometime.

Loved the party costumes!!!! Sorry it was so crowded. Seems like that is kind of the trend here lately. Sis and BiL went last fall and they said the same thing... They've been to MVMCP before, but after their MNSSHP, they said they won't do another party again. At least you got to enjoy the fireworks and the parade!!

Great parade photos! Sounds like you made the best of the night.

Cute PP pics in front of Under the Sea!

The boys look great after their experience at Pirates League! Sounds like a really fun thing to do!
It was so fun, we can't wait to do it again.

Your meal at Homecomin' looks delicious! It's so hard to make time to get to the Disney Springs restaurants and so many of them look so tasty!
I agree, this is the only restaurant we have actually made time for and it was so worth it.

I'm sorry MNNSHP wasn't as much fun as you were hoping! It looks like you managed to have some fun regardless. Your costumes were AWESOME and I'm glad you were able to catch Hallowishes and the parade. I've never attended a MNNSHP and who knows if I ever will, but I've read that the parties are getting more crowded.
I would say it is worth it to do once, but this was our third time, and sadly probably our last.

Your boys look FANTASTIC as pirates! I'm glad you had such a great experience there!
Thank you, it was a really great experience. Can't wait to do it again this year.

Homecomin looks awesome. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal... as you mentioned, I've really not heard a bad review of the place. We need to get over there sometime.

Loved the party costumes!!!! Sorry it was so crowded. Seems like that is kind of the trend here lately. Sis and BiL went last fall and they said the same thing... They've been to MVMCP before, but after their MNSSHP, they said they won't do another party again. At least you got to enjoy the fireworks and the parade!!
Thank you, I was quite proud of my handiwork (mostly because I am not crafty). I am sorry to hear that, I know many people had similar experiences to ours. We are going to try and do MVMCP, only because the boys have never done it. But what was once a thing I enjoying doing every chance I got, has now become one and done.

I really enjoy your TR's and had been following this one. From others comments, it seems they can see your pictures but I cannot. Help! Am I doing something wrong?

I really enjoy your TR's and had been following this one. From others comments, it seems they can see your pictures but I cannot. Help! Am I doing something wrong?

So weird, I wonder why it wasn't working, glad it's fixed now. Thanks for following along!

Oh my goodness, Anna is HYSTERICAL! :rotfl2: Way to go on capturing that picture!

I'm glad you were able to take your pirates on their ride! It won't be quite the same to ride it without the "We wants the redhead!" scene, but I do understand why they changed it. (I usually agree with such changes, but this one was hard for me as it feels so nostalgic!)

Hopefully your pirates don't scare any of the animals in your next park! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!