• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unpopular Opinions- Wish Edition

Not excited about the Marvel dining room. It does not strike me as a classy, relaxing dining experience, but rather loud and chaotic
That seems to be the direction of most of the MDRs on all the ships. Loud and chaotic. I also prefer a dining experience that I can actually converse (in normal tones) with my dining companions.

Last edited:
As soon as I heard 'Marvel' I was out. I know nothing about Marvel and don't particularly want to. The Frozen dinner show does nothing for me either. With the number of tables in a dining room it could be hard to see what is going on, so unlike the screens that are all over the dining room and the fish swim by at Animators Palette. That show surrounds you.
There is so much more I'm not loving about this ship but it's early days yet. We don't do short cruises so it will not affect me anyways. No one needs to worry that I will take up a cabin they want, it's all yours.

Aladdin again? Snore.
Generally, most of the shows are on 2 of the ships. So, putting Aladdin on the Wish isn't unexpected. Probably helps with stage sets and casting.

Time was each ship had Show A - on one other ship; Show B - on a different other ship; and Show C - unique to that ship. That made it seem like there were different options.

I guess I'm going to pile on, but I really don't like the lobby atrium. Can't pinpoint what it is, but all the white just seems sterile, but it's more than that. I really don't like it...

The guest rooms themselves remind me of a Royal Caribbean room, so nothing special there, but am excited about the AquaMouse(sheesh...with all the creativity, they couldn't have come up with a better name?)

I guess I'm going to pile on, but I really don't like the lobby atrium. Can't pinpoint what it is, but all the white just seems sterile, but it's more than that. I really don't like it...

The guest rooms themselves remind me of a Royal Caribbean room, so nothing special there, but am excited about the AquaMouse(sheesh...with all the creativity, they couldn't have come up with a better name?)

I saw some photos - could have been on a thread on here , or on fb, can't remember now, that showed the artists renderings for Fantasy, and what was actually built was a bit darker in colour scheme to the initial drawings.

I think the Marvel restaurant is a real 50 / 50 split between those that like the idea and those that don't from what I've read.

I think the Marvel restaurant is a real 50 / 50 split between those that like the idea and those that don't from what I've read.
I think Marvel has a niche, I just don't think that niche is as big as Disney may think it is. It's great to have a Marvel day at sea, it's another thing to have a Marvel entire cruise at sea. And before anyone says it's only for the odd dinner, it still is going to be highlighted. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out though. Can't wait to hear first hand feed back.
That stuff should be kept mostly in the kids clubs IMO.

I think the Marvel restaurant will be an animators restaurant redone with kids drawing super heroes. They don’t have to change much to make that happen. I’m not super excited.

My biggest concern is the lack of adult only space. It feels like Disney expects parents to stay in their rooms by making them better or drink all day at the bars. It’s basically a booze cruise for adults.

You’d think they’d have an original show figured out before the release. I’ll wait and see.

I’m in no rush to be on it.

I was hoping for a third adult only restaurant. I would prefer not so much “show” with main dining, but on a short haul cruise, I understand why they did it.

Same here, and a steakhouse was the logical choice for a new adults only restaurant. However, I think they didn't want to dedicate the extra space for a 3rd restaurant. So they added a steakhouse element to Palo. Still have the Italian menu but with extra steakhouse options. Hopefully it doesn't suffer from an identity crisis.

This ship is going to be great for kids and families. And since it’s for short haul sailings, I don’t think most first time cruisers or those who spend a lot of family time will even notice the absence of adult spaces. My hope is that the next Triton class ship will be for longer itineraries and will be slightly reimagined with adult experiences more in mind.

Funny how so many of us are already turning our attention to the next ship, with the hope that if it is designed for longer itineraries it will have more in the way of adult spaces.

I am not a fan of how much they have dedicated to Concierge. I can't afford concierge and compared to the Fantasy/Dream (in terms of ship size) there is now less space for the rest of us.

The thing this does is raise prices across the board for every stateroom. Obviously, they get an insane premium for the concierge rooms. But lowering the supply of non-concierge rooms (with a smaller percentage of insidecrooms as well), will lift prices for all staterooms on the ship.

Huge Marvel fan but at no point did I ever think to myself a cruise would be improved with a Marvel themed restaurant.

Same here.. There's certainly a place for Marvel on the ships, but I'm not sure a restaurant is one of them.

We're going on our first cruise in about 15 years in 2022...seven nights on the Fantasy. I have been absolutely ecstatic about that trip and I was worried that the Wish reveal video would detract from the upcoming Fantasy trip. Shockingly (or not, given this forum) that didn't happen at all. Nothing in the video made me "yearn" for the Wish or have trip envy.
- I don't think the atrium is at all attractive (I prefer the classic/timeless aspect of the Dream-class atriums much more).
- The restaurants didn't seem any more alluring than on the other ships and, in some ways, might be frustrating (I don't really want a full-on show with my meal, which I think would distract from a nice family evening). Two BIG exceptions to this are 1923 and the Star Wars bar...those look awesome.
- The new super-cool water coaster looks like the old super-cool water coaster but with TVs.

All in all, I'm even more excited about our cruise on the Fantasy because I don't feel like I'm missing out on a better option.

Last edited:
I’m not sure that this is a dislike, but I was kinda surprised by the lack of a third elevator bank in the deck plans. Sure it appears there are 8 elevators in each section but anyone else remember after deck parties? On the flip side it does not appear that the elevator will open in the middle of the buffet restaurant anymore either...
Who uses elevators on a cruise ship? LOL. 41 years of cruising, almost never use the elevators. All that food I'd gain 50 pounds in a week! And elevators on every ship are a choke point, no matter how many there are. I was 62 on my last cruise in October 2019 and managed the stairs just fine. All those kids and their young parents should have no issue with stairs. :)

Last edited:
I was also concerned about the Marvel dining room and some other points brought up earlier. Perhaps the finished product will be better and more creative than the presentation showed. My main concerns were, first the two banks of stairs and elevators...not enough. Even though there are more elevators, they jam up fast. Three sets of stairs are a must, especially after shows and dinner. Second concern is the inside staterooms don't seem to have the magic porthole. Maybe the picture behind the headboard is magic and gives you a broader view. The difference in creativity from the Magic to the Dream class was huge. Perhaps not all the whiz-bang innovations have been reveled...we can only Wish!

I don't really get the hype im seeing on social media (people getting over emotional over the video), maybe they're just really missing cruising.
To me it looks like the other 4 ships but with different coloured carpets...

And as ex youth staff. Would be so bored in half that kids club. Basically my life would be 'line coordinator' while kids spent half their cruise waiting for their turn to sit in front of a giant screen....
But I'm a believer of 'less stuff = more imagination' so that's probably just me lol

Basically my life would be 'line coordinator' while kids spent half their cruise waiting for their turn to sit in front of a giant screen....
But I'm a believer of 'less stuff = more imagination' so that's probably just me lol
I’ve said for a long time that I wished there were fewer screens in the club. The last couple trips, there have been plenty of games like Gaga ball and 4 square. She loves those so we try to make sure she goes at those time.

The thing this does is raise prices across the board for every stateroom. Obviously, they get an insane premium for the concierge rooms. But lowering the supply of non-concierge rooms (with a smaller percentage of insidecrooms as well), will lift prices for all staterooms on the ship.
This is one of my main concerns. After the initial announcement, which excited me, I saw the deck plans and was disappointed in the seeming lack of "affordable" options. I don't want to break the bank for a 3-4 day cruise. I'd rather splurge on 7+ nights and feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

I'm also praying that one of the next ships will be permanently based on the west coast, or just keep the Wonder in the Pacific year round. It seems like Floridians have a billion options and those of us out west get slim pickings with just one ship limited to only a few months out of the year.

I'm also praying that one of the next ships will be permanently based on the west coast, or just keep the Wonder in the Pacific year round. It seems like Floridians have a billion options and those of us out west get slim pickings with just one ship limited to only a few months out of the year.
I'm on the west coast, also. I agree the pickings are slim, but it's due to the much smaller itinerary possibilities here. I'd love to see DCL here doing Hawaii, South Pacific, and other westerly cruises, as well as Pacific coastal. Maybe even South America, but that probably wouldn't attract DCL's primary clientele.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter