Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, Alicia said a while back (maybe a year ago?) that Monsters Unchained would use the same Kuka arm ride system as Forbidden Journey but would have WAY more physical sets. I think the screens are why FJ gives me motion sickness so I hope I can deal with Monsters Unchained.

Well, I am hoping that Monsters Unchained and across the board at EU attractions, Universal Creative will use a lot less screens than they have in the past!

I will check it out, ride the rides, but monsters are definitely not my thing. I don't even know what the burning windmill is supposed to be from (obviously not iconic to me!) Lower crowds during the day vs at night will suit me.
That would be me too. Scary stuff are not my thing. The burning windmill and tavern with the hunters intrigues me. I will have to see what the Frankenstein ride looks like. It might be too intense mentally and physically. If it's remotely anything like Horror nights yes I'm out. I'm intrigued how they are going to straddle between family friendly and scary.

I don't even know what the burning windmill is supposed to be from (obviously not iconic to me!)
It's from Frankenstein, which... I think this is going to be an issue for a lot of people because the movie is approaching 100 years old. I certainly haven't seen it.

hqtyc3a7jol21.jpg

Universal has been trying to sell a comeback of the monsters for awhile now and I was skeptical at first about this land but it's going to be really good.

Was really hoping for something more along the lines of Rise of the Resistance to really make a run at Disney...hopefully it's still good!
I'm thinking it won't be too much of a clone of FJ, though, because they said they created several "animated figures" (so animatronics) and that it's the scariest ride they've ever built, so it's gotta live up to those words!

That would be me too. Scary stuff are not my thing. The burning windmill and tavern with the hunters intrigues me. I will have to see what the Frankenstein ride looks like. It might be too intense mentally and physically. If it's remotely anything like Horror nights yes I'm out. I'm intrigued how they are going to straddle between family friendly and scary.

I have pretty much the same question or a close variation of it. Horror nights are not my thing and I am somewhat of a ride coward. (Forbidden Journey is my absolute limit).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter