Universal Orlando ticket prices will they go down?

Dreams&wishes

DIS Veteran
Hi all we are trying to book a stay in early October but currently the 3 days park to park two parks ticket prices are really high $353 for adults and $342 for kids. They advertise then as cheaper but once I put my dates this is what I get.

Do all universal tickets need to be dated? In your experience is there any chance the prices will go down if I buy them on the day or closer to the date?

Thank you

Tickets are more expensive at the gate, so wouldn't recommend waiting to buy them when you're there. That's especially true for Express.

Hi all we are trying to book a stay in early October but currently the 3 days park to park two parks ticket prices are really high $353 for adults and $342 for kids. They advertise then as cheaper but once I put my dates this is what I get.

Do all universal tickets need to be dated? In your experience is there any chance the prices will go down if I buy them on the day or closer to the date?

Thank you
Yes, just like Disney they are now dated and the price varies by date. Considering that a 1 day park to park ticket in October is close to $200, and a 2 day park to park is $330, the rates you listed for 3 days aren't too bad. October is a popular time and I would not expect rates to go down. It looks like they are offering the promo with buy 3 days and get 2 extra days at that time?

Has anyone ever seen UOR tickets for their dates drop in price?

I would think the odds of that happening on Oct would be very long. The whole month tends to be rather popular due to Fall Break.

HHN is incredibly popular. It seems to get busier each year. I doubt ticket prices themselves will go down for 1-2 days (especially including weekends) but depending on the announcement for when EPIC will open we might see more of the buy 2 dsys get 2 free promotions.

Have you considered buying an annual pass? That may be cheaper. Also, sometimes they have offers on their website for a 3 or 4 day ticket which is cheaper than buying the individual day. Also look into whether an annual pass allows you to buy discounted tickets for others. You may only need to buy 1 annual pass to get the free parking and discounts on the other tickets to bring it to a lower cost. But in general, October is Universal's biggest month due to HHN. I wouldn't expect the price to go down unless the economy keeps slowing and they aren't filling the parks. Also, did you check the price at Undercover Tourist or Costco?

Their APs have different benefit levels , blackouts, etc.

Currently the purchase of one Premium AP would also give you one free ticket entry to HHN on specific dates
USO has a booth set up to apply for their new USO Visa Card . It will immediately process application No fees and give you $200 (4/$50) gift cards good for anything on property including hotel room …
If you apply online offer it is only $50 …
Im going back on Wednesday to stay 2 nights at Cabana Bay since my son also applied !
Plus it is the only way to get entry into their new USO Visa Lounge located by entrance near First Aid , etc.
Cold AC plus good free snacks and beverages ! Nice clean restroom too ! Open noon-5:00 I think )F3B4EF92-9F48-475B-A097-D710704F7B6E.png

Last edited:
Oh wow 5 nights! We will be there from Wednesday to Saturday so the park will close at 5 pm every night??!
Hi,
yes, Universal Studios will close at 5PM every night, but IoA should be open longer. HHN is only on the Studios side. I can't recall if they'll sometimes open US earlier to make up for closing early. We're typically rope droppers, so we can usually get what we need to get done done.
We often go during October, around Columbus Day, due to kids' Fall Break schedules. Days around Columbus Day can be quite busy. We haven't been at other times in Oct, so not sure about those. This year, Fall break is actually the week before, not week of, so we're hoping crowds might be less!!
We're HHN converts now, for the last 3 years, so that's a big focus of our Universal trip, but we had plenty of fun Universal trips before that w/o HHN.
Happy planning!!!

Please share details of the package and did you purchase direct from USO or one of the ticket discounters?
I’m looking and comparing for the October 27-Nov.1 dates for family
Thanks

Oh wow 5 nights! We will be there from Wednesday to Saturday so the park will close at 5 pm every night??!
Yes Studios park will close each day by 5pm for HHN.

Four days is plenty of time to see and do everything though. Also IOA should have a night time show on the castle during October (IOA will be open late, it will be crowded though since it’s the only park open for regular guests).

Get an early start Wed, Thurs, or Friday if you can.

Especially for Friday-Sat get all your must do’s in early at Studios because crowds will really build by 3pm.

With 4 days (even if a couple are half days) you will 100% get to everything in both parks including re-rides of favorites. Just be aware not to leave a must do for later in the day as Studios won’t be open to you and IOA will be extra crowded (again starting about 3pm).

I think they do open the Studios at 8 AM during HHN. I like being in the park at night (but do NOT like scare things) so I plan my trip specifically to get a Monday night in without HHN.

Yes Studios park will close each day by 5pm for HHN.

Four days is plenty of time to see and do everything though. Also IOA should have a night time show on the castle during October (IOA will be open late, it will be crowded though since it’s the only park open for regular guests).

Get an early start Wed, Thurs, or Friday if you can.

Especially for Friday-Sat get all your must do’s in early at Studios because crowds will really build by 3pm.

With 4 days (even if a couple are half days) you will 100% get to everything in both parks including re-rides of favorites. Just be aware not to leave a must do for later in the day as Studios won’t be open to you and IOA will be extra crowded (again starting about 3pm).
Thank you for your tips, what ride should we be hitting first in your opinion? Also just to clarify we just have a 3 days park ticket so I was thinking to do one and half day in each park....

On whatever day you start at Islands of Adventure, Hagrids is the ride to hit first IF you are near the front of the early entry crowd. If not, it won't really matter.
On days you start at Universal Studios, during early entry it's normally just Minions & Gringotts open early. Minions does develop longer lines earlier and has a much more boring queue than Gringotts. If you're early enough that it hasn't built a wait yet, you can start at Minions, otherwise bypass it and hit it in the afternoon.

I have actually found waits at Studios drop in the late afternoon on HHN nights. By 4pm, many people are in the holding pens waiting for HHN to start, or they're making their way out of the park. So the lines from 3-5pm can be pretty short. I would suggest saving Minions for during this time. You do NOT want to try to do the Hogwarts Express train over to Islands on HHN afternoons. Everyone does that, and the line gets crazy.

Also just an FYI that the Dudley Dooright log flume and the Popeyes Barges will get you fully soaked, make sure to have a plan for after (going back to the hotel, bringing a change of clothes, etc).

As others have said, definitely plan for Hagrids. It is worth doing early entry even if its just for 1 day.

Also between the 2 parks Universal has over a dozen single rider lines! (Where Disney only has like 4 between all of its parks) Depending on the ages of your party, you can get plenty of re-rides for your favorites using the single rider lines. The Hulk Coaster usually has a really quick single rider line (Velocoaster not so much).

Three days are plenty. If you can get your party to do early entry that is definitely the way to go. Unlike Disney, the crowds at Universal usually don’t start to build until 10-11am.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest