Universal/Island of Adventure/Seaworld Swap -All Here- Should be Postal on Monday

rlovew

DIS Veteran
Universal Studio/Islands of Adventure/Seaworld Swap Sign-Ups
Due date is October 18th (that is when I need to receive your package). Please mail packages out by October 11th.

Photos:
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/rlovew/Universal Swap/

1. Choose a spot that hasn’t been chosen by anyone else. You will be making a Topper and 2 elements for your spot.
2. PM me with your DIS name, name, home address, email address, and phone numbers. Email and phone numbers will only be used to follow up if I have not heard from you.
3. Post your weekly status on the Progress thread - which will be posted after the slots are filled. YOU MUST CHECK IN 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE DUE DATE. IF NOT A PM/EMAIL WILL BE SENT AND IF YOU DO NOT RESPOND IN 48 HOURS, YOUR SPOT WILL BE ANGELED.
4. Check the progress thread for your status - it will be updated with ship info and received info.
5. Packing Instructions - use a Ziploc for each person and put everything for that person into their bag. Please label each bag with your name so we know who made each set. Please put each groups bags into a larger bag (1 gallon size). – Please be sure to include your name, your DIS name, and the group name/number on the large bag. Include $4.60 for envelopes or $8.95 for boxes for flat-rate postage (or stamps if you don't want to send cash) to return your items. Delivery Confirmation is $0.65. If you are in more than 3 groups you must send money for a box- It will probably not fit in an envelope. PLEASE DON’T SEND METERED OR CLICK-IT/SHIP-IT POSTAGE SOME HOSTESS HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH THIS.
6. PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.
7. HAVE FUN!!

NO hand written lettering on ANY items. Please use computer fonts, rub-ons, or stamps.
NOTE: Embellished means using brads, eyelets, inking, stickles, charms, ribbon/fiber, 3D stickers (matted stickers/clipart are okay too) or embossing.

Element Choices:
1 Topper- 8 in by 2 in- must be double matted and embellished
2 Borders – 12” that can be cut down to 11”
2 Journaling Boxes- at least a 3x3 writing area, double matted and embellished with actual journal area placed on top of the two mats
4 Embellished Squares – largest mat should be no larger than 2”
1 Photo Frames (embellished) – for a 4x6 photo & the Sizzix dies are ok (you need to crop a bit from the photo to use these) Two layers on the frame would make the photo seem double matted.
1 Photo Mats (embellished) – for a 4x6 photo without cropping; Again, two layers as the photo sits on top of these
2 Tags: no smaller than 2 x 3 and larger is fine, double matted and embellished, include either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole. May include both- note: ribbon/eyelet in hole is not the embellishment on the tag
2 Slide Mounts – cardstock or actual slide mounts; must be embellished but not double matted & the Sizzix dies are fine
1 Box ‘n Tag – one journal box with a matching tag (see details above)
1 Mini File Folder or matchbox– embellished but need not be double matted. Please make sure to enclose a blank page in the matchbook if this is the element you choose to do.
1 Library Pocket & Tag - embellished but need not be double matted Library Pocket and Tag: embellished, no smaller than to hold 2x3 a tag that should have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole
Poem/Lyric/Quote – text area must be no smaller than 2½ x 3½ (no handwriting)
1 Shaker Box
1 Paper Piecing
1 License Plate
3 Altered Paper Clips
3 embellished shapes:1-1/2x1-1/2 or larger if you wish, double matted. These can be circles, flowers, etc. be creative. If it is a shape that would not look right double matted please use your best judgment.....Just make up for it in another way. Maybe make a few extra or throw in something extra

Universal Groups:
A.Areas (make 4)
1.Production Central- believen
2.New York- rlovew
3.San Francisco/Amity- MissesDisney
4.Hollywood- SusieStone

B.Rides (make 4)
1. Men In Black- MissesDisney
2. Shrek 4D- SusieStone
3. ET- believen
4. Woody: rlovew

C. Characters (make 4)
1. Simpsons- Missesdisney
2. Curious George- SusieStone
3. Scooby Doo- believen
4. Spongebob- iluvmickeytown

Islands of Adventure
E. Lands- FULL (make 5)
1. Marvel Super Hero Island- SusieStone
2. Toon Lagoon- Mischief Managed
3. Jurassic Park- Tinkerbean
4. Lost Continent- rlovew
5.Seuss Landing- NemoMom07

F. Rides(make 5)Full
1. One Fish, Two Fish- NemoMom07
2. Dueling Dragons- Mischief Managed

3.Cat in the Hat- Tinkerbean
4. Suess Trolley Ride- SusieStone
5.Jurassic Park- believen

G. Characters (make 5)FULL
1. Spiderman-Missesdisney
2.Cat in the Hat- NemoMom07
3.Popeye??- Mischief Managed
4. Thing 1 and Thing 2- Tinkerbean
5.Grinch- SusieStone

H. Citywalk (make 2)
1. Planet Logo- Tinkerbean
2. Jimmy Buffet's Maragritaville- iluvmickeytown

SeaWorld Groups:
I. Animal Encounters (make 5)
1.Turtle Point- SusieStone- angel rlovew
2.Stingray Lagoon- Tinkerbean
3.Shark Encounter- NemoMom07
4.Penguin Encounter - rlovew
5.Dolphin Cove- Missesdisney

M. Shows 2 (make 4)
1. Elmo and Abby Treasure Hunt- SusieStone
2. Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island- rlovew
3. Pets Ahoy-Missesdisney
4. Sea Lions Tonight- Tinkerbean

Players:
Checked in by Sept 20th- purple
Checked in Oct 8th- blue
mailed :rolleyes1

recieved :banana:

believen: A,B,C,F- :dance3:
rlovew: A, B, E, I, M - :banana:
missesdisney: A, B, C, G, I, M :rolleyes1
SusieStone: A, B, C, E, F, G, I, M
iluvmickeytown: C, H :banana:
Tinkerbean: E, F, G, H, I, M :banana:
Mischief_Managed: E, F, G :rolleyes1
NemoMom07: E, F, G, I
waiting on Make a Wish Swap Items

Can I have -

C. Simpsons
B. MIB
A. AMity
G. Spiderman
I. Dolphin Cove
M. Pets Ahoy

Thanks!

I would like to have the following"

IOA:

Group E lands: Seuss Landing
Group G characters: Cat in the Hat
Group F Rides: One Fish Two Fish

Sea World:

Group I: Shark Encounter

Looks like sign-ups are happening before my trip to IOA/US - d'oh! And NemoMom07 got first dibs on my stand-bys. :scared: So I guess I will take:

Islands of Adventure
E. Lands
2. Toon Lagoon

F. Rides
2. Dueling Dragons

G. Characters
2. I'm not sure - haven't been in years, who meets now - maybe Popeye

Thanks!

Looks like sign-ups are happening before my trip to IOA/US - d'oh! And NemoMom07 got first dibs on my stand-bys. :scared: So I guess I will take:

Which ones of the groups I signed up for did you have your heart on. I might be able to switch my ideas and supplies I have for this swap into another groups?

Which ones of the groups I signed up for did you have your heart on. I might be able to switch my ideas and supplies I have for this swap into another groups?

Oh, Thanks! But no worries! Because I haven't been in years, I'm not sure what is and what isn't still in the parks. But I figured anything in Suess Landing would still be the same. But I looked at the IOA site, and I think I chose stuff that can be general to match my photos from WAAAYYY back, and hopefully anyone's recent photos. The only question is the character greeting - have you been recently? Any suggestions? I actually have never met Popeye there, but he's listed on the site.

Thanks again. You are very kind. Plus, you will probably do much better than me on those selections!

If you change your mind just pm me okay? I just got back from there, but I did both parks really fast in one day. I did not ride a lot. Last time I was there was 7 yrs ago and some things have change, but not a lot. In IOA nothing really was different. They had character greetings for all the superheros (they come out on 4 wheelers)and one for Dr. Seuss. I missed the Seuss, but my guess is Cat In The Hat. That is about it for characters.

US we meet scooby doo and his friends and I saw curious george, the moose (forgot his name), and woody wood pecker. My first trip I meet fievel and the ghostbusters. Stuff changed more at this park, mainly new rides.

Hey Rebecca you have me down for the dueling dragons I believe mischief managed wanted that spot. I just wanted one fish two fish.

F. Rides(make 5)
2. Dueling Dragons- NemoMom07

Hey Rebecca you have me down for the dueling dragons I believe mischief managed wanted that spot. I just wanted one fish two fish.

F. Rides(make 5)
2. Dueling Dragons- NemoMom07

Thanks for catching that. I have it right now.

Rebecca

Yippe, New Swap!!!
Could I please have...

Islands of Adventure
E
3. Jurassic Park

F. Rides(make 5)
3. Cat in the Hat

G. Characters (make 5)
4. Thing One & Thing Two

H. Citywalk (make 5)
1. The Universal Studios Planet Logo

SeaWorld Groups:
3.Stingray Lagoon

J.Shamu’s Happy Harbor (make 7)
5. Pirates Net

K.Rides/Characters (make 5)
1. Kraken

L. Shows 1 (make 5)
4. Shamu Rocks

M. Shows 2 (make 5)
4. Sea Lions Tonight

I would like:

A.Areas (make 6)
San Francisco/Amity

B.Rides (make 5)
Disaster

C. Characters (make 5)
I can't think of a character.......

Islands of Adventure
E. Lands
1. Marvel Super Hero Island

F. Rides(make 5)
One of the Dr. Seuss rides.....

G. Characters (make 5)
Grinch

SeaWorld Groups:
2.Turtle Point

J.Shamu’s Happy Harbor (make 7)
4. Swishy Fishies

K.Rides/Characters (make 5)
4. Sesame Street Character

L. Shows 1 (make 5)
3. Odyssea

M. Shows 2 (make 5)
1. Elmo and Abby Treasure Hunt

Put my F ride as this one

The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley RIde

Rebecca,
We are all booked and will leave for Universal on the 17th.
I'd like a spot in A
B
C
and F
I'll be back later to give specifics. I need to research first!
Did Missesdisney want Amity in groupA? -second post?
Has anyone done the Simpson's yet? Can you compare it to another attraction? My DM70 is going with us, I need to know if she will enjoy it!

The simpson ride is comparable to Spiderman at IOA. It is the same technology. I did not ride it, but have seen something about it on Today show. I was there just a few weeks ago.

Bumping for additional sign-ups. I will close this on Thursday evening.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter