• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Undercover Tourist and linking to Disney Ap

ericabb

Earning My Ears
Hi - How easy is it to link the ticket I buy from Undercover Tourist to my Disney ap? Also has anyone had trouble with the e-tickets purchased from UC? I see many negative reviews on Yelp, which makes me nervous...

Also - what is DME?

Thanks!

I can't answer the first part of your question as I've never ordered from Undercover Tourist before. (but I would like to know the answer as I'm contemplating buying from them for an upcoming trip).

DME is the abbreviation usually used for Disney's Magical Express which is the free bus transportation from MCO (Orlando airport) to WDW if you're staying on property.

On the first page on the app, click My Tickets>Link Tickets & Passes, and then scan the barcode on the ticket that they will email to you. I'm surprised to see the negative reviews on Yelp, I've never heard any complaints here.

I recently bought a ticket from Uncover Tourist for DLR and I didn't have any issues with linking it to my profile in the Disneyland App. They sent me the electronic ticket (it was a pdf) and I scanned the barcode in using the "Link Tickets & Passes" option and was able to use that to enter the park. I also ended up upgrading the ticket to an AP and that process went smoothly as well (I was credited the gate price of the ticket).

Just make sure you are buying tickets for the correct resort. UT sells tickets for both Disney World and Disneyland, but the tickets are not interchangeable (i.e., you cannot use WDW tickets at DLR and vice-a-versa anymore).

Go into the app, click on tickets and passes. Top right hand corner there is a + sign. Click on it. Then choose the middle option. I believe it says link tickets and passes. I was able to scan my moms ticket purchased from UT, but you can also manually input the number. Done! I asked this same question two weeks ago and several helpful posters told me what to do! Glad I could pass on my new knowledge!

Just did exactly this last week for the first time. I got the email within seconds of ordering, and then just scanned them in. Make sure to NAME each ticket correctly as you scan it into the app. They all defaulted to my name when I scanned them in, so I left one that way, and changed to others to the names of the others in my family. This made it easier to book FPs for the correct person in the app. It also printed each person’s name on the bottom of the physical ticket that you get at the turn style when you scan your UCT tickets the first time. I scanned the UCT tickets into the app, then showed the app tickets to the gate CM and they took my photo and gave me the paper ticket. Took no longer than a ticket bought directly from Disney (which is what I have always done in the past).

Oh wow... I just read some of the reviews on yelp... that’s insane... :scared1:
I planned to buy my tickets from UCT ...last year I chickened out of it and bought from Disney directly... but here you read so many good reviews (actually I haven’t read a single bad one about them...)
Those bad reviews give me a pause again though...

Honestly, I’ve never seen a single bad review on Disboards - ever. I have no idea why the yelp reviews are bad. But I have used UT five times now with no problems at all. They are completely trustworthy. Just make sure you order what you really want, carefully, and you will be fine.

Thanks for the reassuring info. I just bit the bullet and tried out Under Cover Tourist. Good Savings and I was able to purchase it, get it in a few minutes and then Scan it into my Disney App, where it was accepted. Yeah!!!

I’ve bought many times from UT- even just about a week ago for a friend’s ticket I was linking to our reservation. Quick, easy, less expensive than the Disney site, and no problems at all.

Once linked to the app they don't actually activate until you go through a turnstile, right? So we could go ahead and link ours for our trip in a few weeks and be fine?

Am I correct in thinking that if I can link my ticket with the Disney app, the ticket is valid and good to go?
(And yes, I am very chicken-hearted...:blush:...so my plan is to buy one ticket and see if all works well with the buying process and link it to the app and then buy the other tickets I need...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter