• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uncrustables

Ratpack

WL VET
DVC Gold
Just a thought, but the Uncrustables are nothing more than PB&J sandwiches that have been cut with a sealing tool. This tool is sold by Pampered Chef for like $8. We have one and it works great, looks just like the ones you buy prepackaged. Why not buy one then you can use sandwich bags and make your own. I am sure you will save money in the long run not to memntion all the other uses: two slices of bread and a little fruit filling and instant fruit tart.

Just an idea!

Yeah, I'm on my way to a Pampered Chef party tonight, but I was considering the uncrustables just to be totally lazy and decadent while on vacation. At home, I make the kids eat the crust!

I went to their website and that tool looks cool. Can I buy one without going to a Pampered Chef party? I don't know anyone who sell Pampered Chef, I really have no desire to go to a party, I just want to buy one of those tools. Is there anywhere on the web that I can buy that tool or something like it.

Sharbear

I know you can without going to a party because I have ordered replacement parts by phone before. Or, you could search for a neary-by consultant and just place and order with that consultant over the phone.

I have the Pampered Chef tart maker and use it a lot, dd's hate crust and the sandwiches are so cute, we call them flying saucers. I've not heard of "uncrustables" but I have bought "PB&J Roundwiches" by Smuckers. We get them from our school's Market Day. You get a bunch in the box and you can freeze them and take out what you want. They're great in a pinch like on days that you find mold on your bread, etc. I take one out of the freezer, pop it in dd's lunch tote and when it's time to eat it has thawed out but is still a little bit cold in the middle. They are individually wrapped and would be great to take to WDW.

I was thinking they might be good to take, but they will only be kept refrigerated, not frozen, and I am concerned that they will become soggy and unappetizing.

I have one of those Pampered Chef gadgets - and use it sometimes - the problem is I always think of it after making the sandwich. My son says it makes neat flying saucers. Of course as soon as I saw someone post something about uncrustables we ended up with them in our freezer. I only wished Pampered Chef or someone would come up with a sandwich gadget that was easier to clean - as I recall you can't put them in the dishwasher - and you need to dry them right away so they don't rust. And that makes me want to just buy the uncrustables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter