Uk access to Global Entry

Obi Wan Kenobi

DIS Veteran
A heads up for those that travel to the USA often, you may already know this, but the UK and Ireland residents can apply for Global Enty.
This come with TSA pre check and gives you an easier way through us customs and boarder protection gates.
The process is very simple.
First you apply for a UK reference number which states you are not a felon ;-) this is very quick, normally a max of 2 days
Then with that number you apply online at https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/
The period yiu have to wait can be varied
You then get a conditional approval.
With this, you can apply for an interview at a USA airport (or even Dublin)
But, you can get a Enrollement on Arrival, which is where when you get to, say MCO, at customs ask for the officer doing EOA and he carries out the interview there and then.
This lasts for five years and means when you arrive at MCO, go straight to the machines input your passport and fingerprints and away you go

A heads up for those that travel to the USA often, you may already know this, but the UK and Ireland residents can apply for Global Enty.
This come with TSA pre check and gives you an easier way through us customs and boarder protection gates.
The process is very simple.
First you apply for a UK reference number which states you are not a felon ;-) this is very quick, normally a max of 2 days
Then with that number you apply online at https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/
The period yiu have to wait can be varied
You then get a conditional approval.
With this, you can apply for an interview at a USA airport (or even Dublin)
But, you can get a Enrollement on Arrival, which is where when you get to, say MCO, at customs ask for the officer doing EOA and he carries out the interview there and then.
This lasts for five years and means when you arrive at MCO, go straight to the machines input your passport and fingerprints and away you go

We`ve had Global Entry since 2018 and yes, it is marvellous.

We turned up at MCO and spoke to an immigration officer and that was the interview, very simple and so easy.

Wait times are much longer now than we had talking to folks who have been applying since last year. We waited less than 10 days for authorisation for the USA part, folks are waiting up to 14 weeks right now.

This past trip the machines have changed, you don`t put your passport in or do fingerprints anymore.......you look in the camera and it uses facial recognition....that was it. Then a 2 second chat with an immmigration officer where you hand over the slip of paper the machine issues and we were through with Americans and CC.

I`d recommend it to anyone who travels to the USA frequently. It also gives us TSA pre check when leaving too when you enter your Trusted Traveller number.

We arrived at MCO last Saturday.
Immigration was very brief.
We looked into the camera, he told us our names, checked our passports, took my fingerprints and we were through, all in two minutes.

ford family

We arrived at MCO last Saturday.
Immigration was very brief.
We looked into the camera, he told us our names, checked our passports, took my fingerprints and we were through, all in two minutes.

ford family
Good job, Buddy!😀

I use this for my family and it's a godsend, especially if travelling to LAX where the TBIT lines are always at least an hour. If you happen to be eligible for US credit cards then you can find many of them will give you $100 credit to use for Global Entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter