Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining with pics! MY Number 2! 7/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness that's horrible about the Asthma attack! :eek: And 3 nubulizer treatments??

Thanks for that story. And you're right...sometimes good comes out of bad. I'm just really hoping if this job is not for him, that he won't get the email, the day BEFORE the trip :sad2: Then he'll be stuck on the plane constantly thinking of what he should have done/said, and will only be thinking about job hunting once he gets internet access. On the other hand, this will put everyone in such a great mood if he found out before the trip or even while we're in PA! :cloud9:

He deserves all the best in the world and would hate to see him disappointed.

I know he's feeling the pressure though...because this determines if we buy or rent a house...

Right now we've been staying with my mom for the past two years ever since we moved back from Long Beach. So it's a little difficult going from being on your own in, then moving back in with your parents.

Here's a little of my story people don't know about me:

February 25, 2007 my dad was back in PA visiting his father who was not doing well, and everyone knew he was about to pass, so my dad went back to be with him during his last days and to take care of his mom(my grandma). On this morning about 1015am, my cell phone was ringing and it was from home. I knew something was wrong because it was a sunday morning and everyone(my brother and mom) has church at 10am (my brother was living with my parents at this time). When I answered, it was my brother sobbing and my mom screaming in the background. He said, "Alicia, papaharold just died! but that's not it...Dad just died too!" Needless to say, I went hysterical, my DH was furious and upset thinking this was a sick joke, and when we found it was true, we made a beeline back to our hometown (3 hours away)...fast forward, I wanted to finish school in Long Beach as quick as I could so I could move back home and take care of my mom, so we got our degrees in two years (taking 18-19 units every semester) and graduated from CSULB in 2008 and moved back immediately after graduation.

So now here we are two years later, still living with my mom (who is doing MUCH better now...she was really bad at the beginning), and we think now is the best time to move out.

Sorry for my rambling, I think it just makes more sense if I explained from the beginning why this job is so important to him. He's been getting his Masters while we were living with my mom (I was too but absolutely hated the school), so he hasn't been able to 'fully' work for the past two years. And like I said, this determines if we rent or buy, which we REALLY want to buy, since now is the best time! Being a substitute, realtors won't consider his subbing work as a 'real' job, so it would be very difficult for us to buy, because we wouldn't be approved for a big loan.

Pheww.....sorry that was EXHAUSTING! I need some lunch now!! :rotfl:

Oh, I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a big hug :hug:. That is so sad about your grandpa and your dad. You are a wonderful daughter for taking such good care of your mom. She is a very lucky woman :lovestruc.

I'm up to page 20 and am enjoying the review. However, I am now having a hankerin' for a hunk of cheese. :rotfl2:

Well it really sounds like you guys have had your share of ordeals over the past couple years! But ya know what that means....your due for a whole lotta good coming your way :yay: Just stay positive and remember you've got a ton of support around here!!!

My goodness that's horrible about the Asthma attack! :eek: And 3 nubulizer treatments??

Thanks for that story. And you're right...sometimes good comes out of bad. I'm just really hoping if this job is not for him, that he won't get the email, the day BEFORE the trip :sad2: Then he'll be stuck on the plane constantly thinking of what he should have done/said, and will only be thinking about job hunting once he gets internet access. On the other hand, this will put everyone in such a great mood if he found out before the trip or even while we're in PA! :cloud9:

I know he's feeling the pressure though...because this determines if we buy or rent a house...

Right now we've been staying with my mom for the past two years ever since we moved back from Long Beach. So it's a little difficult going from being on your own in, then moving back in with your parents.

February 25, 2007 my dad was back in PA visiting his father who was not doing well, and everyone knew he was about to pass, so my dad went back to be with him during his last days and to take care of his mom(my grandma). On this morning about 1015am, my cell phone was ringing and it was from home. I knew something was wrong because it was a sunday morning and everyone(my brother and mom) has church at 10am (my brother was living with my parents at this time). When I answered, it was my brother sobbing and my mom screaming in the background. He said, "Alicia, papaharold just died! but that's not it...Dad just died too!" Needless to say, I went hysterical, my DH was furious and upset thinking this was a sick joke, and when we found it was true, we made a beeline back to our hometown (3 hours away)...fast forward, I wanted to finish school in Long Beach as quick as I could so I could move back home and take care of my mom, so we got our degrees in two years (taking 18-19 units every semester) and graduated from CSULB in 2008 and moved back immediately after graduation.

So now here we are two years later, still living with my mom (who is doing MUCH better now...she was really bad at the beginning), and we think now is the best time to move out.

Sorry for my rambling, I think it just makes more sense if I explained from the beginning why this job is so important to him. He's been getting his Masters while we were living with my mom (I was too but absolutely hated the school), so he hasn't been able to 'fully' work for the past two years. And like I said, this determines if we rent or buy, which we REALLY want to buy, since now is the best time! Being a substitute, realtors won't consider his subbing work as a 'real' job, so it would be very difficult for us to buy, because we wouldn't be approved for a big loan.

:hug:

I'm so sorry about all the tragedy you have gone through. I'm sure there will be some good things coming your way now though! It was very caring and thoughtful of you (to say the least) to stay with your mother during such a difficult time, which was very difficult for you as well. That proves that you are a very strong woman!

I understand what you mean about it being the right time to buy a house. Hang in there...good things will come your way! ;)

Lesha,

Tell you DH to hang in there, it is a tough market right now for teachers. I remember when I first entered teaching and was looking for work. I did not get hired until 3 days before the start of the school year. Just have faith and keep interviewing.

I love your review. Keep writing.

That was truely a horrific time in your lives, but glad to hear Mom is doing better, she was lucky to have you guys there for her and you were truely blessed to have DH there by your side through those years.

Hopefully DH will get this job or another one will come along soon so you two can realize your dream of buying a place of your own.

:hug:

Just got a call from DH and he didn't get the job :sad1:

Gosh, I feel so bad for him right now. He called sounding very depressed and sad, and I pretty much knew right then, that he had gotten an email.

On the flip side, a job just opened up for a middle school in the next town over for P.E. teacher/Athletic director, which is what he got his Masters in (Sports Admin.), so this one's definitely up his alley.

He's submitting his application right now, so let's hope for something out of this one! I'm hoping if he does get an interview out of this job, it won't be during our PA trip (we leave on Wed the 30th and won't be back until Tues July 6) But I was just looking at the end of the filing date for that job, and it's the 7th which is good. That means he won't have to worry about flying back home during our vacation to make a potential interview...

Ahhh....so more praying and good thoughts please!! :worship:

Gosh, I feel so bad for him right now. He called sounding very depressed and sad, and I pretty much knew right then, that he had gotten an email.

On the flip side, a job just opened up for a middle school in the next town over for P.E. teacher/Athletic director, which is what he got his Masters in (Sports Admin.), so this one's definitely up his alley.

He's submitting his application right now, so let's hope for something out of this one! I'm hoping if he does get an interview out of this job, it won't be during our PA trip (we leave on Wed the 30th and won't be back until Tues July 6) But I was just looking at the end of the filing date for that job, and it's the 7th which is good. That means he won't have to worry about flying back home during our vacation to make a potential interview...

Here's hoping everything goes well...think positive and remember...everything happens for a reason and the fact that he didn't get the job means that there is something better out there that is meant to be! :hug:

Your husband sounds like just the right choice for this new job. I know how draining applying for work can be.

He needs to enjoy this time off as with his age he is gonna have 35-40 years to make up for the time between jobs . At the end of the day the RIGHT position will open up. Middle school is so important for students, it seems this is the age they start to define who they want to be. Having a great role model would sure be a plus.

Blowing Pixie Dust your way. Stay positive. I wish you both good thoughts and am sending a few prayers your way to.

Patty

Ahh I am loving you reviews and I have only gotten through Day 1!!!

Prayers and pixie dust :wizard: headed your way :hug:!!

You've got them!

When I first changed careers to become a teacher, I went on 17 interviews before I got an offer for the position I ended up accepting.

Now I've been teaching for 6 years, and I'm so glad I made the change. But the interview process was certainly frustrating and draining.

BTW, I have read every word of your dining report, as you and your DH remind me of a younger version of me and my DH. (Of course, you guys are more adorable than we are.)

Sending good vibes to your DH

Thank you!:flower3:

Here's hoping everything goes well...think positive and remember...everything happens for a reason and the fact that he didn't get the job means that there is something better out there that is meant to be! :hug:

Thanks Bonnie :goodvibes This is exactly what I told DH..he's still a little bummed out, but he just found out that he passed at a test that will save us about $1300(passing that test means he gets to bypass a class that he would have to take towards getting his credential and that class would have been around that amount :scared1:)...so one small 'hope' at a time works for me!

Now I just have to concentrate on this trip coming up and stop dreading on the past..

Your husband sounds like just the right choice for this new job. I know how draining applying for work can be.

He needs to enjoy this time off as with his age he is gonna have 35-40 years to make up for the time between jobs . At the end of the day the RIGHT position will open up. Middle school is so important for students, it seems this is the age they start to define who they want to be. Having a great role model would sure be a plus.

Blowing Pixie Dust your way. Stay positive. I wish you both good thoughts and am sending a few prayers your way to.

Patty

Thanks Patty! Wow..this is so true...a point that I should definitely make to hiim. It's so funny that you have to go to school for a quarter of your life to work for the rest of your life! :scared1: :lmao:

I'll definitely relay the message you said! :flower3:

Ahh I am loving you reviews and I have only gotten through Day 1!!!

:lmao: So glad you like em!!

Prayers and pixie dust :wizard: headed your way :hug:!!

Thank you!

You've got them!

When I first changed careers to become a teacher, I went on 17 interviews before I got an offer for the position I ended up accepting.

Now I've been teaching for 6 years, and I'm so glad I made the change. But the interview process was certainly frustrating and draining.

BTW, I have read every word of your dining report, as you and your DH remind me of a younger version of me and my DH. (Of course, you guys are more adorable than we are.)

Whoa!!...I don't think i'm gonna tell him that part! :lmao: :rotfl2: It's very frustrating for him! Especially since this is for his 'career', not just some 'job'...he wants to succeed and I know he will...it just takes time.

Thanks for reading my dining TR...I wish I had more to report on!! I still need to wrap up our Top 3...now that I think about it, we'll have plenty of time on the plane to hopefully get it done (at least one a piece will do :laughing:)

Wow you two sound Amazing and I hope things work out for your husband's job search!

What a great report! Thanks so much for all of the time you have put into it. I have really enjoyed getting to know you!
I'm looking forward to hearing wonderful things about your husband's job.
:cheer2:

Sorry to hear about the job that really sucks, but at least there's a bright side and he'll get the other one!:goodvibes Hope you guys have a blast on vacation!

Can teachers draw unemployment in Cali? If so, I hope your husband has filed. You don't have to wait until your last paycheck...since you're getting paid for work you've already completed. Tell him to file if he hasn't! I'll be keeping him in my prayers. Hope this new job is the one for him!

So sorry to hear about your DH's interview! Teaching really is a tough market right now. I'm a teacher and have a full time job as an aide but I'm still looking for a full time teaching position. I'm sure he will find something even better!!! Sending some pixie dust your way!

We just got back from our trip and we ate at some of the restaurants you reviewed and loved them! Right now, I'm just getting started on my 1st ever TR, linked in my signature, so we'll see how that goes! We ate at Boma, Sci Fi, Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, and Citricos.

Oh, I also have to tell you, I got the Dooney & Bourke Disney purse and it was thanks partly to you! I hadn't known about it until I saw your pics of it and when we were at the AKL gift shop my DH insisted on getting it for me for our 5 year anniversary! :love: I love it, and him! :lmao:

Hope all goes well for you and your DH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter