Uber XL from Cabana Bay to MCO - Am I Planning This Correctly?

Cuchman

Mouseketeer
Hi Folks,
I have a rental car for the first couple days of my trip but am planning to take an Uber XL from Cabana Bay to the airport for the end of it. We need XL because there are five of us plus luggage.
In the past we have used a van service (Tony Hinds) for roundtrip to and from the airport. Because it is only one way this time, I though we'd try Uber.

Are there restrictions on Uber as regards the airport? I seem to remember hearing there were but am thinking that is a thing of the past.

Has anyone done this or similar? Also, our flight is at 8pm - any suggestions on when we would want to leave for the airport?

Thanks!

Good choice! You're right on UberXL. You'll fit fine in there with your bags.

It was never a problem with drop off at MCO. But, as of July 2017, Uber and Lyft can operate normally for pick up and drop off as well.

I'd leave for the airport around 5:30. I really like getting to airports early though and especially at MCO because their security is always miserable.

Get both Uber and Lyft so you can book with the one showing the lower fare- same service and often the same drivers. You can usually google for first time rider promo codes too.

You'll want to add a note about how much luggage you will have. We did an XL last night for four of us and the Dodge Caravan only had seats for four passengers and would not have held that much luggage unless you held it in your laps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter