Uber from the airport?

margot31

DIS Veteran
Let me just show how much I get out.....So when I need to uber it is my husband who does it all. I just go for the ride. How hectic is it finding your ride at the airport once you order one? I always get anxiety when we have come home and take an uber home from the airport. Some airports are better than others. Here in San Diego it is over stimulating for me. We don't fly often either.....

It will be my aunt and I and like I said I don't even have an account. Last time I flew to DW there was this thing called Magical express. I know I can still do the MEARS thing but I just want to deal with that as it's about the same price to uber and quicker.

My daughter and I Uber'd last year during the summer without an issue. I can't recall what time we got in but it was daytime. I waited and found the Uber pick up area first before requesting. It popped up several options and shows time until pick up and a description of the vehicle. It really isn't hard to do. However, I think you can actually have your husband reserve the ride for you if you want. I know you can do it for kids who don't have accounts . . . so if it's stressing you out maybe that's an option.

My daughter and I Uber'd last year during the summer without an issue. I can't recall what time we got in but it was daytime. I waited and found the Uber pick up area first before requesting. It popped up several options and shows time until pick up and a description of the vehicle. It really isn't hard to do. However, I think you can actually have your husband reserve the ride for you if you want. I know you can do it for kids who don't have accounts . . . so if it's stressing you out maybe that's an option.
I think it is more about how many people. San Diego airport there is like 100 people crammed into this tiny area to find your ride...I hope Orlando isn't like that.

There's a rather long loop for pick-up. I believe we were given a numbered area to wait at or maybe the Uber driver asked what numbered area we were at? Either way, I recall it being well organized, and we didn't have any issues finding our ride. The app will also show you how far out your ride is which is helpful too.

You could just use a taxi. It’s my preferred way to leave the airport. Not always the cheapest but it’s fast and stress free as they are waiting for riders at any given moment.

You could just use a taxi. It’s my preferred way to leave the airport. Not always the cheapest but it’s fast and stress free as they are waiting for riders at any given moment.
Is the taxi pick-up well marked? Near or in the same vicinity as the Uber/Lyft area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter