TWILIGHTAHOLICS! Part 2~*~ Should've been started by Caribbeanprincess!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like all of those titles!!!:cheer2: You guys are so creative! Love the door tat!

Speaking of the Blue Ray announcement (thanks, CP), does anyone know if you can watch regular DVDs in a Blu Ray player? DH and I are starting to think about a Blu Ray player.

We were thinking about getting a Blu Ray too. Then I heard (not sure if it is even remotely true though) that Blu Ray hasn't taken off like they expected and they're going to phase them out like they did with 8-track players. Again, that might be a total lie, but it almost makes me hesitate to buy one at this point. UGH. Anyone have an inisde tip one way or the other??

I don't have a clue about Blue ray players...lol
Oh and i love the titles...can't believe we are almost ready for a new one again!!!

In regards to the Blu-Ray players, if you have a PS3 you already have a Blu-Ray player and are good to go.

I found a great page of FAQs for Blu-Rays, and it appears that yes, they will be backwards compatible (play DVDs), so even if they do go the way of 8-Tracks, you can still play DVDs and whatever Blu-Rays you may accumulate. The link for the FAQs is here: http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/

Hope this helps!

In regards to the Blu-Ray players, if you have a PS3 you already have a Blu-Ray player and are good to go.

I found a great page of FAQs for Blu-Rays, and it appears that yes, they will be backwards compatible (play DVDs), so even if they do go the way of 8-Tracks, you can still play DVDs and whatever Blu-Rays you may accumulate. The link for the FAQs is here: http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/

Hope this helps!

Thanks!!! I did not hear that they were phasing them out-I know we waited for the industry to figure out which way they were going-blu ray or HD-dvd and it seems that blu-ray has won. Glad to hear that they are backwards compatible!:cheer2:

i love your new tattoos!! The 'be safe' is my favorite of the two. i've been itching for another one for a while, even though its been less then a year since my last one (3rd). I have a mickey mouse that i've picked but i may just change over to a "be safe".

I was thinking the same thing. My niece is 13 and I barely think she is old enough content wise for Twilight let alone Breaking Dawn.

really?? my dd is 13 and i think the content is fine for her age. actually i don't see anything wrong with BD for her either. I think it's wonderful that the books show bella's 'want' for the man she loves and his respect of her by wanting to marry her before the deed is done. regardless, i think it's all tastefully done and nothing to hide my dd from.

OTOH, my 8 year old, like others have mentioned, would like the books (and plans on reading them over the summer) and probably not understand the pillow biting parts.

I LOVE it!! So, when are you coming over and putting that above my door. :lmao:

JohnsonsLovesDisney, I love your door tat! How did you do it?

Be Safe is something that I've always said to my friend and family when parting, so I love this at the doorway. Hmmmm, I may just have to tat it on my wall too!!

I like all of those titles!!!:cheer2: You guys are so creative! Love the door tat!

Speaking of the Blue Ray announcement (thanks, CP), does anyone know if you can watch regular DVDs in a Blu Ray player? DH and I are starting to think about a Blu Ray player.

Its peel and stick vinyl that i cut on my die cut machine, in that font. Super simple. Then i just peeled and stuck it up there. I did have to reposition it a few times because that F is really big. :rotfl: I think i cut it at 3 inches. If anyone wants one let me know. We can work something out. :) I am happy to help everyone get a door tat. :lmao:

PrincessDeb, we have a bluray that came with our tv and we just use regular DVD's since thats what we have and the others are so expensive. Makes the quality better too.

My stepdad has been itching to get a Blueray player, and now I'm all for it!!

I LOVE the Be Safe tattoo!

Mel- I'M honoured to be mentioned in your list of Vamp Tramps! :rotfl:

Mel- I'M honoured to be mentioned in your list of Vamp Tramps! :rotfl:

You're too young. You're a Vamp Tramp in Training!:thumbsup2

But, alas, at least you were mentioned. And a nomination is really as good as a win, don't you think? Of course, I cannot answer that, because some of us were not nominated. Some, many, were overlooked. Oh, the shame!! The pity. Why can't I be "in" the crowd?:crowded: :sad:

Do I need to get a blue banana tattoo next? Where should I get him to make him dance?:p

really?? my dd is 13 and i think the content is fine for her age. actually i don't see anything wrong with BD for her either. I think it's wonderful that the books show bella's 'want' for the man she loves and his respect of her by wanting to marry her before the deed is done. regardless, i think it's all tastefully done and nothing to hide my dd from.

OTOH, my 8 year old, like others have mentioned, would like the books (and plans on reading them over the summer) and probably not understand the pillow biting parts.

I think it is more of the unrealistic expectations of romance thing as opposed to what real men do that I don't like. Sort of the Prince Charming complex. That's why I am having a "book club" with my niece as she reads Twilight so I can make sure she doesn't think all boys are like Edward (100 years of experience and from a different century trapped in a 17 year old's body) Let's face it, most boys these days are not interested in protecting a girl's virtue let alone their own. :confused3

Its peel and stick vinyl that i cut on my die cut machine, in that font. Super simple. Then i just peeled and stuck it up there. I did have to reposition it a few times because that F is really big. :rotfl: I think i cut it at 3 inches. If anyone wants one let me know. We can work something out. :) I am happy to help everyone get a door tat. :lmao:
QUOTE]

i wonder if that would stick on a car?? I'd paypal you some $$ to send me one:flower3:

ok, here's my fake tattoo, i'll try it out in ink for a few days to see if i like it. sorry for jumping on your bandbagon Belle!
Photo_020309_001.jpg

QUOTE]

i wonder if that would stick on a car?? I'd paypal you some $$ to send me one:flower3:

It does. I dont know how long it would last on the outside. since it is meant for inside use. but i could do one in white and backwards and you could put in on the inside of the window. It would most likely last longer. I have seen people decorate their whole cars with it for the holidays. But it was seasonal so they didnt mind if it didnt last awhile. LMK what you think. :)

Oh, i'd love that!! PM me your email address and I'll paypal you.

I think it is more of the unrealistic expectations of romance thing as opposed to what real men do that I don't like. Sort of the Prince Charming complex. That's why I am having a "book club" with my niece as she reads Twilight so I can make sure she doesn't think all boys are like Edward (100 years of experience and from a different century trapped in a 17 year old's body) Let's face it, most boys these days are not interested in protecting a girl's virtue let alone their own. :confused3

I agree boys today are not running around with the morals of a 17 year old boy from 1918. Nor the experience of 80+ years of being 17. They live for the moment and nothing more.

You can play normal DVDs on the Blu-Ray player. I have a PS3, so I got the Blu-Ray as a bonus, which is great since a Blu-Ray player is almost the same price as the PS3.

EDIT: OH HEY PAGE 50!!!!!

ok, here's my fake tattoo, i'll try it out in ink for a few days to see if i like it. sorry for jumping on your bandbagon Belle!

Not a problem. I actually walked around with pen on my wrist for a couple of days too. My hubby didn't think I'd go through with it. Now I love it. It's easier to cover up than I expected.

Be sure to post when;) you get yours!

Just an FYI, I took the Edward Font, which incidentally is called BE SAFE, and printed out several sizes and some in bold. I cut them out to see which size I'd like best on my wrist. Then the tattoo artist and I decided together on the final product. He suggested that he smooth out the lines of the font. The font has a slight rugged appearance (since it's supposed to be handwritten.) He thought it would look better, more finished and polished on the skin. I'm so glad he did this. I love the way it looks and I think the other way it wouldn't be as pretty, or it may look like the tattoo guy had a shaky hand. But that, of course, is your choice. Whatever you love!!

Not a problem. I actually walked around with pen on my wrist for a couple of days too. My hubby didn't think I'd go through with it. Now I love it. It's easier to cover up than I expected.

Be sure to post when;) you get yours!

Just an FYI, I took the Edward Font, which incidentally is called BE SAFE, and printed out several sizes and some in bold. I cut them out to see which size I'd like best on my wrist. Then the tattoo artist and I decided together on the final product. He suggested that he smooth out the lines of the font. The font has a slight rugged appearance (since it's supposed to be handwritten.) He thought it would look better, more finished and polished on the skin. I'm so glad he did this. I love the way it looks and I think the other way it wouldn't be as pretty, or it may look like the tattoo guy had a shaky hand. But that, of course, is your choice. Whatever you love!!

Arent tattoo guys the best? I had one that I loved. He did quite a few of my pieces. He was always great about everything. Telling me what i should and shouldnt do. "cause you know its permenant" haha. I like to keep mine covered for the most part. in the summer its a little harder, and i have DD#1's name on my ankle. But its my business.

I like the smooth lines on yours. I like the jagged edges on my door tat. Looks like someone actaully wrote it up there. I look at it every time i walk by. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter