tv/vcr for trip down

twinshockeymom

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know where to get a tv/vcr package for the vehicle. We have seen them at Canadian Tire but the console model will not work because we have heat ducts and controls for the back seat in our Durango. The bag model, the tv seems really small, we have 3 boys to watch it. We saw a great tv that folded down like the one Windstar's now have but the cost is about $1200.; we found this one at future shop. Last of all there are 9 inch models that we don't know where we could put it. Sounds like I am out of luck. I would really like to come up with a solution because my boys also play hockey so we do alot of driving.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Only 20 more days to go.
:D :)

Do you use a computer much? We do so we bought a laptop with a dvd player in it this way the kids can watch movies on it and it will have a 14.1 inch screen or a 15 inch screen like ours. plus the dvds take up less space and it will also play computer games so you get the best of both worlds with that.Just a thought but we figured it was a better investment to go that way than a tv vcr combo.
Darren & Lisa

We have a Caravan with no centre console. (I like to spell centre this way to help distinguish us from them 'Merricans. :D ) We bought a 13" TV/VCR combo at Walmart for $300 before we drove to Vermont for our March break ski holiday this year. We bought this one specifically because it's AC/DC powered. The spacing between our front seats is such that the back of the unit snuggles nicely between the seats on the floor. I then built a small platform to elevate the front of the unit about six inches to give the kids a better angle to view the screen.

The kids watched a couple of movies each way (about a 9-hour drive from London to Smugglers Notch) plus my DW borrows a number of books on audio tape from the library. Our 11yo just finished reading "Where the Red Fern Grows" for school so we borrowed those tapes to reinforce the reading. The tapes run ~8 hours and coupled with the movies that pretty much filled up our driving time. We'll certainly be taking it with us on our next WDW trip (which will be the first time we drive).

I couldn't justify spending upwards of $1000 for a console TV unit, and we felt the combo we bought is a lot more versatile.

- Mike

[This message was edited by MikeJ on 03-23-01 at 10:18 AM.]

Ok, 9 hours from London is London, isn't it?? So what is Smugglers Notch?

<font color=green>Debbie &#176o&#176</font color=green>

debbie@disneyinfo.com
mickread.gif

<font color=red>I may not be able to go to WDW, but I can read about it!</font color=red>

offsite-'85
CBR-'90
FWHomes-'94
FWHomes-'97
HIFS/BC-'99
Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)
HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00

Debbie,

If it takes you 9 hours to drive from London to London remind me never to ask you to navigate for me. :)

Smugglers Notch, Vermont is the ski resort we drove to during March break this year. It's near Burlington (VT, not ON) about 2 hours south of Montreal or approximately 9 hours from London. But upon re-reading my original message I thought that was fairly clear.

Smugglers has very good kids programs - if you're looking for a ski vacation and you live in the north-eastern part of the continent I'd suggest you check it out. Their web page is at www.smuggs.com. One of the more attractive draws at Smugglers is that for much of the winter they take the Canadian dollar at par. During March break I would venture to bet that 90% of the vehicles in the parking lots carried Ontario plates.

Oops, I'm straying off topic. Obligatory Disney/ski/VCR/Drive reference:

When we drive to WDW later this year with our new TV/VCR combo unit in the van, I hope we get to go to Blizzard Beach. :D

- Mike

That's what I get for skimming when I should be going to bed! My car only drives south and definitely not to anywhere there is snow! So....London ON to London KY....9 hours (or thereabouts)

So, it was my not reading carefully enough-'cept I did notice the centre. That's how I always spell it!

Hope that you have Along I75 Mike. There are a lot of neat side-trips for when you drive. The original KFC, Moonbow Falls, World-famous ice-cream....and the list goes on.

Anyway, thanks for straightening me out....and now...off to bed!

<font color=green>Debbie &#176o&#176</font color=green>

debbie@disneyinfo.com
mickread.gif

<font color=red>I may not be able to go to WDW, but I can read about it!</font color=red>

offsite-'85
CBR-'90
FWHomes-'94
FWHomes-'97
HIFS/BC-'99
Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)
HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter