Turning up with extra person - can I do it?

Sugarglider

DIS Veteran
I've accidentally made an ADR for only 1 person when there are 2 of us. When I go on line the restaurant now has no more seats, and when I rang Disney Dining they said "can't add a person cause the system does a head count and says the restaurant is full"
Yet I know when I go they would seat us at a 2 top anyway. (as a solo dinner I've sat there many times looking at the empty chair and watching the CM take the 2nd place setting away :sad1:)
So do you think I need to continue to chase to get that 2nd person booked or just turn up on the day with DH in tow? :confused3

I would turn up with DH in tow..I don't think Disney has any single seat tables, so why turn you away?

I think you'll be fine. I think it's more of a concern when going from, for example, 4 to 5 people when it might be a different table configuration. But 1 to 2 I can't imagine would be a problem.

thank you everyone for giving me a little bit more comfort! i so wanted to keep that resi!! and you've given me a bit of hope and conviction when standing at the restaurant reception desk! :thumbsup2

Now just to find a way to eat more breakfasts than I actually have time to fit in! :sick:

Good question and I dont mean to highjack your thread but how about if you have a ressie for 3 but only 2 show up!

Good question and I dont mean to highjack your thread but how about if you have a ressie for 3 but only 2 show up!

you'll be fine...that has happened to us several times. Have gone from a 4 to a 2 and from 3 to 2. You can't help it when people are sick, or delayed or whatever. We've been seated at or very near our original ADR time every time.

And to OP, the only place you might have a problem showing up with more people is at Biergarten with the communal tables, when they would plan on seating a party of 1 at a table with 7 other people, so a 2nd person showing up wouldn't work in that scheme. But even at Biergarten, I think they'd accomodate you eventually.:thumbsup2

Normally, it isn't a problem, but if it's a restaurant that requires a credit card guarantee, you'll be charged for all 3 people.

And to OP, the only place you might have a problem showing up with more people is at Biergarten with the communal tables, when they would plan on seating a party of 1 at a table with 7 other people, so a 2nd person showing up wouldn't work in that scheme. But even at Biergarten, I think they'd accomodate you eventually.:thumbsup2

great reminder!! fortunately it's not for there but for Le Cellier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter