TSA Pre Check

Disney Ron

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
After filling out the on line application how long does the entire process take to be approved? I know all the steps just wondering how long it all takes?

TIA!

I did this recently. When you submit the application online you choose where and when to have your interview. There were openings within the week when I did mine. I received my KTN four days after the interview.

Edited to fix acronym.

Last edited:
I did this recently. When you submit the application online you choose where and when to have your interview. There were openings within the week when I did mine. I received my TTN four days after the interview.

Thanks we fly to Orlando in August and I can get an appointment for my wife and I this Tuesday so we'll be good to go.

Thank you for the quick response.

When I did mine I signed up on a Wed and could have had an appt as soon as the next day but waited until Fri so my wife and I could go together. I had my KTN late Sat night and my wife got hers on Sunday. When my mom got here it took about 3 days after her appt. Others have had it take quite a bit longer such has a few week or a month however to get their KTN.

Thanks we fly to Orlando in August and I can get an appointment for my wife and I this Tuesday so we'll be good to go.

Thank you for the quick response.

Good good! I also did mine for an August trip. You’ll be good. Jimsig got his even faster!

Thanks Jimsig and chiisal, I just did our on line application and booked our appointments for Tuesday morning. No way are we standing in those MCO lines ever again!

DH and I went at the same time and were interviewed together. I got approved in 2-3 days, but his took another 2 days.

I did this recently. When you submit the application online you choose where and when to have your interview. There were openings within the week when I did mine. I received my KTN four days after the interview.

Edited to fix acronym.
My wait was about the same.

I did my interview on May 12th and got approved and my known number on May 16th. It was so quick and easy and can't wait until I get to see how easy the process is when I fly again.

Way back when we did ours, I got my number online before I went to bed that night, so less than 24 hours. DH (who had the appointment right before me) didn't get his number until 3-4 weeks later. No reason for the difference in time, since due to our jobs, both of our fingerprints are already "in the system."

Just went through the whole process in the last few weeks. I signed up online and could have gotten an appointment the next week, but since I have no idea what happened to my birth certificate, I had to order a new one, so I put appointments for my Mom and I about 3 weeks out. After our appointments, I was approved the next day and got my KTN 3 days later. My Mom's took a full 2 weeks for approval and then 2-3 more days for the KTN to be assigned. We went to our appointments at the same time, so I have no idea the difference in processing time.

Thanks Jimsig and chiisal, I just did our on line application and booked our appointments for Tuesday morning. No way are we standing in those MCO lines ever again!
Just make sure you enter your number in your reservation so your boarding pass shows pre check. For some reason I tend to have issues with SW and AA even when I do this. If that happens, go to the ticket counter and have then enter it and re print the boarding pass.

couple of notes:

One, If you have not looked into getting TSA PRE recently you may want to go check again where you can do the 'interview'. In my town there is now a location in the County tax collector office. And I recently read some STAPLES STORES will be able to process . . . .

Two, if paying for TSA pre and there is a possibility of going out of the country in the time frame (5 years) exists, consider paying the difference to get Global Entry ..... the $ is small - but it WILL force you to to an airport (ICE office) for the processing (eliminates the 'new' PRE sites I mentioned forst)

Just make sure you enter your number in your reservation so your boarding pass shows pre check. For some reason I tend to have issues with SW and AA even when I do this. If that happens, go to the ticket counter and have then enter it and re print the boarding pass.

I entered my number into my southwest account. Is there somewhere else I need to put it in my reservation?

couple of notes:...
Two, if paying for TSA pre and there is a possibility of going out of the country in the time frame (5 years) exists, consider paying the difference to get Global Entry ..... the $ is small - but it WILL force you to to an airport (ICE office) for the processing (eliminates the 'new' PRE sites I mentioned forst)

There are non airport locations as well for Global Entry depending on where you live. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/enrollment-centers#

If you live close to Canada check out NEXUS, it gives you both Pre-Check and Global Entry for only $50 for 5 years. It requires an interview with both US and CDN customs. Also from the Trusted Traveler US Govt website "children under 18 do not pay an application fee for NEXUS"

Most centers are located at certain border crossings, but Seattle does has one.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/nexus/enrollment-centers

I entered my number into my southwest account. Is there somewhere else I need to put it in my reservation?
If your flight reservation was made before you received your KTN, you can add the KTN here:
https://www.southwest.com/flight/addSecureInfoEntry.html

For all other travel, if you have added your KTN to your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards profile, the KTN automatically will be attached to future bookings. After logging in to your account, add KTN to RR profile:
https://www.southwest.com/myaccount/preferences/personal/profile/edit

If you live close to Canada check out NEXUS, it gives you both Pre-Check and Global Entry for only $50 for 5 years. It requires an interview with both US and CDN customs. Also from the Trusted Traveler US Govt website "children under 18 do not pay an application fee for NEXUS"

Most centers are located at certain border crossings, but Seattle does has one.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/nexus/enrollment-centers
I'm planning to do this because I am flying with my teenage daughters this fall and I am a cheapskate. My girls are (will be) 13 and 15 when we go to Florida and we are going again next year. The only thing is, I feel kind of weird about it...like, I have *no* intention of ever leaving the country or going to Canada. We only fly once a year (if that!) and I just can't stomach paying $85 for each of the three of us. I just don't want to get denied because I don't have a valid reason for applying. The only reason I want a NEXUS card is because I am too cheap to pay for $255 for TSA Pre-check when I can get NEXUS for $50 which will still get me TSA Pre-check:teacher:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter