• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TSA pre check ages 13-17 can accompany parents now!

Me: pays back every cent of student loans over a period of nearly 20 years
Gov: Lol your friends who slacked don't have to
Me: pays for precheck for 15 year old
Gov: LOL GOT YOU AGAIN

Ugh, exactly!! We paid $160 in April for our 13 and 15 year olds and we've been waiting for their KTNs for 5 weeks. If I'd known they'd be included on ours like when they were younger, I'd have saved myself a chunk of change! I really can't stand the TSA right now.
That’s frustrating. This seems like a really long time for it to be processed. I just enrolled my 13 year old and we had her number within a few days. I will say I did not receive anything with her KTN number on it. Just an email saying she was eligible and when i logged in to check the status, the number was available there.

Thanks for correcting me! When we had looked into it years ago it was $85 and $100 which is where I was getting the $15 more. I personally would still spend the extra cash as it gives you TSA pre check and can use it abroad

I figured you meant to type the difference in but had the $100 GE fee on the brain, brain working faster then the fingers :D.

I didn't realize the Pre prices had been lowered myself. Got it for my 13yo DD a year ago and it was still $85.

NEXUS is the best deal of the all as you get both Pre and GE as well as expedited crossings between the US and Canada for only $50. But it's also harder to get as its only offered at 15 US/Canada boarder crossings, occasionally I have heard they will have special enrollment events at other places in the country.

That’s frustrating. This seems like a really long time for it to be processed. I just enrolled my 13 year old and we had her number within a few days. I will say I did not receive anything with her KTN number on it. Just an email saying she was eligible and when i logged in to check the status, the number was available there.
I want to say they don't send you your number via email. I just went back in my saved mail folder and it looks like I deleted them and I'm sure I would have kept them just in case if they had the number on them. I think they just send an email about the status.

I check the status every few days and it still says Received and Processing. The only thing I can think of is that we applied for both kids at the same time and my daughter has a Certificate of Birth Abroad, not a standard birth certificate. (The fun of being stationed overseas and giving birth on the economy instead of on base!) So it's possible, that may be slowing things down, but we're well over the 30 day mark at this point.

ETA: I started a new thread. Didn’t mean to hijack.

We just registered and got our ktns. My husband and 14 year old son are on the same reservation but only my husband’s boarding pass said precheck. I chatted with Frontier customer service. She added husband’s ktn to son’s personal info, and now both boarding passes say precheck.

Anyone else have experience with this since the May change? Wondering if we should just do what the cs agent did and add our numbers to the kids’ profiles?

Last edited:
ETA: I started a new thread. Didn’t mean to hijack.

We just registered and got our ktns. My husband and 14 year old son are on the same reservation but only my husband’s boarding pass said precheck. I chatted with Frontier customer service. She added husband’s ktn to son’s personal info, and now both boarding passes say precheck.

Anyone else have experience with this since the May change? Wondering if we should just do what the cs agent did and add our numbers to the kids’ profiles?
Adding your number to the kids' profiles can get your KTN revoked and make you permanently ineligible. There is no guarantee that teenagers will get Pre just because their parents have it. There has been no documentation posted about an actual change in policy.

Adding your number to the kids' profiles can get your KTN revoked and make you permanently ineligible. There is no guarantee that teenagers will get Pre just because their parents have it. There has been no documentation posted about an actual change in policy.
I didn’t know if that was how you link them. I won’t add it then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter