• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trust hormome and autism?

thumpersfriend

DIS Veteran
This is probably not the place to post but I have heard about this trust hormone someone is testing. They say it may be something to use on autistic children in the future. Anyone know if there is a certain website that may have this information? Haven't heard anything more on it. Thanks, I am the grandma of a beautiful GD who is 2 and diagnosed as autistic.. What might your opinion be about this?

Here is a link to an article on the study:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/06/01/trust.hormone.ap/

I have a DS who has Asperger's and I also have a background in psychology, and there have been questions about oxytocin/pitocin and it's connection to ASD for many years. While I have no real scientific evidence, I believe that the number of babies induced ( which uses pitocin) has contributed to the increase in ASD. I also believe that there are many other factors, but do feel that the influx of pitocin on the newborn brain of vulnerable individuals may play a part in some cases. I am hopeful that this research may lead to some helpful interventions, but know that these will be a long time coming. Until then, we all need to work with the tools at our disposal. It is amazing what changes these children can make, My DS has grown and changed so much since I diagnosed him at 2, and even since his official diagnosis at 5. It is wonderfulthat your DGD has such a caring advocate in you!

Thank you for such a quick reply. I am sure it will take a lot more research but it does sound interesting. My DIL had natural childbirth but there was the meconium stool they noticed when she was in labor. I have noticed a great improvement since my granddaughter has started the early on program at 2. I thank God for these people! And I thank God for this board. I have gotten so much encouragement from people here ,and now I am dealing with everything so much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter