Tron Moving to Standby on Monday 9/9

That’s the very definition of Line Stacking. They close the indoor queue and let the line spill out into the courtyard. This makes the line appear to be longer than it really is in order to discourage late riders.

Last night, the posted wait just before closing time was 60 minutes. The actual reported wait was 15.
I get that Disney uses tactics like this to benefit themselves and direct thier narrative, which is fine, that is thier right to do so.

But I now also get when a third or fourth adult on a family's Disney hotel reservation magically reverts back to a 17-year-old, to likewise benefit themselves. 🤔

I get that Disney uses tactics like this to benefit themselves and direct thier narrative, which is fine, that is thier right to do so.

But I now also get when a third or fourth adult on a family's Disney hotel reservation magically reverts back to a 17-year-old, to likewise benefit themselves. 🤔
For EEH you could probably just share MagicBands too if you have an extra. Or someone uses an actual band and another person uses MagicMobile.

There’s all of 3-4 rides that you can do that aren’t short waits during the day and you spend half the time walking because they’re so spread out
one EEH evening when we weren't deluxe guests, my kids just played on the playground by creations for a solid hour. probably their favorite epcot EEH experience.

Last night, the posted wait just before closing time was 60 minutes. The actual reported wait was 15.
i have to argue with my wife every single time the posted and expected waits diverge like this. and i am always right! and still she is ready to walk away from inflated posted wait times. and she should know better by now!

this stuff has got to be so effective at keeping lower info guests away from short end of night waits. so it's a bonus for educated guests, IMO.

one EEH evening when we weren't deluxe guests, my kids just played on the playground by creations for a solid hour. probably their favorite epcot EEH experience.

i have to argue with my wife every single time the posted and expected waits diverge like this. and i am always right! and still she is ready to walk away from inflated posted wait times. and she should know better by now!

this stuff has got to be so effective at keeping lower info guests away from short end of night waits. so it's a bonus for educated guests, IMO.

This is why I love the Lines app from TP. Even during the day I see the over inflated wait times. I think this is Disney’s way to sell LLMP.

One night we were in DHS. TSM had a posted 50 minute wait and it was a walk on. It was maybe 8:30 pm.

We first read about this in the 1997 unofficial guide and have been using the info to our advantage ever since.

The goal with the inflated wait times is to intentionally discourage late riders and funnel them toward the gift shops and eventually the exits. The theory is that guests are more likely to spend on the way out if the park is still open, even though those shops stay open at least an hour past closing time.

These standard pre-close practices are very effective. I still see lots of guests just shake their heads and turn away when they see something like this 60 minute Tron wait just before closing time.

I guess that could work!🤭
A couple of years ago when I was staying offsite, one night I got off Soarin shortly after EEH started and went to the restroom. When I got out I saw that they weren’t scanning bands for entry to Soarin so I went in and sure enough no band scan. I rode it several times in a row going out and back in through the queue each time and my band was never scanned.

When I got tired of doing that and left the building I saw CMs scanning bands at the entrance to the Land. So as long as you were in the Land before closing you could ride Soarin as much as you wanted through EEH. Doing this meant missing the fireworks though.

The worst part of that was walking through the nearly empty Epcot parking lot back to my car after I was done!

I’ve done EEH since then and they have started scanning bands at the ride entrance instead so this won’t work anymore.

A couple of years ago when I was staying offsite, one night I got off Soarin shortly after EEH started and went to the restroom. When I got out I saw that they weren’t scanning bands for entry to Soarin so I went in and sure enough no band scan. I rode it several times in a row going out and back in through the queue each time and my band was never scanned.

When I got tired of doing that and left the building I saw CMs scanning bands at the entrance to the Land. So as long as you were in the Land before closing you could ride Soarin as much as you wanted through EEH. Doing this meant missing the fireworks though.

The worst part of that was walking through the nearly empty Epcot parking lot back to my car after I was done!

I’ve done EEH since then and they have started scanning bands at the ride entrance instead so this won’t work anymore.
Good for you!

With Disney no longer building any lower tier resorts and just DVC, (so it seems) I wonder how long it will take for Early Entry to go to just Deluxe guest in the future?

With Disney no longer building any lower tier resorts and just DVC, (so it seems) I wonder how long it will take for Early Entry to go to just Deluxe guest in the future?
They’ll still need something to entice people to stay onsite at all. I guess that since LL booking is tied to it now that would be a possibility.

I agree. This tactic is very effective. Several years ago when they still had EMH for everyone on site, my teens and I were in MK at about 1:10 a.m. (EMH went until 2:00 a.m. that night). We were in Tomorrowland and there were about 10 other people walking around in the area (it was actually kind of creepy). The posted wait time for Space Mountain was about an hour and there was a CM standing there "barking" that the posted wait time was correct and that if you planned to ride Space Mountain, it would be your last ride of the evening. I rolled my eyes and the kids and I headed in to the building. We walked straight up to the loading area and waited through 2 sets of cars before we were loaded. We were off the ride and heading to 7DMT by 1:30 a.m. That one had a posted wait time of 40 minutes which was fine because that was the last ride we were planning on doing anyway. We were through the line and off by 1:45 a.m. We noticed that when we exited the ride, they had already closed the entrance and the CM was telling people it was closed for the night.

True! I literally just see it as one more time to ride Cosmic Rewind lol. If not for that I would probably skip it.
Exactly what we used it for a couple of years ago. Got done with Cosmic Rewind and my daughter was bound and determined to make it to Spaceship Earth for one last ride with only 5 minutes to EEH park closing. Needless to say it was a fast jog all the way to SSE, but we made it!

Tron experienced it's busiest evening of the week last night with no party or extended hours in play.

At 8 pm, the posted wait was 80 minutes with an actual wait of 40. Closer to the 10 pm closing time, the actual wait had increased to 50 minutes while the posted wait had jumped to 110. All of this was higher than the predicted 35 minute wait last night.

The longest reported actual waits yesterday were mid-morning, a few hours after the park opened.

This is why I love the Lines app from TP. Even during the day I see the over inflated wait times. I think this is Disney’s way to sell LLMP.

One night we were in DHS. TSM had a posted 50 minute wait and it was a walk on. It was maybe 8:30 pm.
What is this app you mention?

Tron experienced it's busiest evening of the week last night with no party or extended hours in play.

At 8 pm, the posted wait was 80 minutes with an actual wait of 40. Closer to the 10 pm closing time, the actual wait had increased to 50 minutes while the posted wait had jumped to 110. All of this was higher than the predicted 35 minute wait last night.

The longest reported actual waits yesterday were mid-morning, a few hours after the park opened.
Not great, but I'd be mildly ok with waiting 50 minutes (and not having to pay $$ for SPLL), since we've never ridden Tron. Sometimes you just "gotta do what ya gotta do"

However 20-30 minutes is typically our cutoff of whether or not we'll jump in a standby line. We were such efficient users of FP+, G+ (and I expect MPLL) that by and far our standard wait was 10-15 minutes or less. We can make an exception with standby for an attraction or two, but we are NOT standby people in general.

Not great, but I'd be mildly ok with waiting 50 minutes (and not having to pay $$ for SPLL), since we've never ridden Tron. Sometimes you just "gotta do what ya gotta do"

However 20-30 minutes is typically our cutoff of whether or not we'll jump in a standby line. We were such efficient users of FP+, G+ (and I expect MPLL) that by and far our standard wait was 10-15 minutes or less. We can make an exception with standby for an attraction or two, but we are NOT standby people in general.
We're fortunate to be able to stay at Shades of Green on our next visit. Tron got down to 15 minutes during extended evening hours on Wednesday and I hope that holds into the future.

Other than the TP Lines app, are there any other/better/widely used apps or websites for ACTUAL wait tImes (not Posted wait tImes)?

What is this app you mention?

You need a Touring Plans subscription and then you can use their Lines app as part of the subscription. You can also make touring plans, look at crowd calendars and just lots of info. To us it’s worth the $15-17 (I forget what I paid) just for the Lines app.

https://touringplans.com/

it doesn't matter. i show her the app and she doesn't believe me. we walk on and off the ride and then onto one more, still doesn't believe me.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest