Treatment of DVC members

I looked at the back posts. I am the only one who used the word MEEK in any posts. And my use of the word meek never implied that Dr. T was meek even with a ;) . I spoke to meek people as in being humble and said that if people who ascribe themselves to be meek, half cup full kinds of people that if they also are judgmental type of people (and yes, accusing others of being greedy, arrogant, or unethical would probably fall into 'judgmental')..then those same people might want to start looking at their own behaviors.

tjkraz, you might be right in that you stated your opinion and then departed and now feel that it wasn't fair for someone to 'revive it' at a later time. If you go back and reread everything, you might find that it wasn't your opinion that was brought back and attacked, but maybe only your additional comments pointedly negative to others' character (as opposed to their just having a different opinion).

Calling others greedy, arrogant , unethical or even just implying it...well, it isn't nice...and I know that we are all smart enough to state our opinions without using these types of negative slurs.

That being said, if anyone feels I called them meek and that word feels like a 'slur' to him/her....I honestly apologize...I don't think of meek as being in the same category as 'unethical, arrogant, greedy (or even 'naughty' when said with a high Brit accent.)'

If we look at the microcosm here of about 50% thinking its ok to be picky and 50% thinking that it isn't ok cause someone else might get the nobalcony, notoilet, notub, ant encrusted room picky people refuse......it seems that it would work out ok...the 50% 'wanna moves' would move and the 50% 'glad to be alive and walking' would get the nobalcony/tub/toilet/countertop/antinfested rooms and everyone would be satisfied......Is this a great country or what!!! :rotfl2:

People: here's the deal. When you write that you don't care about these things, that not having a balcony wouldn't stop you enjoying your room BUT THEN add that no one else is allowed to care about these things and if they do they are lacking in character....that is when you stop stating your opinion and start becoming judgmental.

So, if we could all just try to state our opinion and leave it at that, I think fewer people will feel attacked or obliged to step in and 'protect' those whom we feel have been unjustly attacked. And for the record, I don't feel at all attacked for either my sand beach episode, my Johnny on the balcony and what am I going to do with him, or my meek shall inherit the earth as long as they can pretend they aren't judgmental comments! :rotfl:

I think most of us would enjoy meeting each other in person, and realize there are so many more commonalities than not.

So stick by your opinions...just lose the need to judge other people's characters if they don't ascribe to your opinions and we can all get back to having fun!

drakethib said:
2. I like the way you are conveniently omitting the fact that you had already turned down a perfectly good room with a balcony / porch over "security" concerns. :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Gee, where are those first floor Disney resort room crime statistics when I need them... :rolleyes1

Man.

I hope I am reading this wrong. I honestly hope I am.

This board used to be fun.

Now it seems that when people don't agree or when someone does not agree with everything that DVC does and mentions it, the attacks and sarcastic remarks start.

Geeze people. Different people have different opinions. :([/QUOTE]

I agree with you (on the sarcasm...I know it can be hurtful sometimes), but on the other hand...I think the "lack of fun" is what makes people "get sarcastic" in the first place. I come to these boards to learn and laugh...and, honestly....lately I have seen a LOT of...for a lack of a better word....whining.

And, it seems to me that a lot of people are doing so because they don't understand the system. I have actually been on these boards a LOT less than I used to be, and if it were not for the ROFR thread (which is important to me), I probably would not get on very often at all....and, I am going home in less than 3 weeks (It's totally unheard of for me not to want to be on the boards when I have a trip coming up)!!!

But, more often than not...people seem to be "complaining" about their DVC membership....that just brings me down. Lake Ariel might have been REALLY dissatisfied with her selection of rooms, but she posted that VWL was "cold" and implied that they were deceitful in their selection of rooms for her....maybe they were, and maybe they were not....but, anytime a hotel switches you to three different rooms to make you happy....I think that is GREAT customer service!! But...that is not at all the way she presented it. Is it her right to present things as she sees them...absolutely!!! Is it someone else's right to think she is silly for requiring three rooms to find one that is acceptable....absolutely!!! As for who is responsible for "ruining the fun" in this situation....well, that is open for interpretation. I personally found the "image" in my head of hooded people (in bathing suits pool-hopping from value resorts) breaking into first floor rooms a lot "funnier" than I did hearing about switching to three different rooms...the terrible experienced that caused....and how much money she had invested in DVC.

I guess you just find your "fun" where you can get it.

:wave:

Beca

P.S. Lake Ariel...I really am not "judging" you for posting that...you have a right to feel however you want about your purchase and your stay. It just seemed like that was a really negative post, and was a bummer for me to read. I am sorry that DVC is not living up to your expectations.

ColoradoBelle1 said:
People: here's the deal. When you write that you don't care about these things, that not having a balcony wouldn't stop you enjoying your room BUT THEN add that no one else is allowed to care about these things and if they do they are lacking in character....that is when you stop stating your opinion and start becoming judgmental.
Judgeing others is still a persons opinion. When someone states they add a little in the donation column of their taxes, then I state that I believe that anyone that cheats on their taxes is slime(just an example), this is my opinion of the situation. It is an opinion, while I've also judged the person. Another person might say "its not that big a deal", another might say "you really shouldn't do that". All opinions, all with different tones. If we post something here, we should know some people will agree, others won't. Its the nature of life.

Now lets say I was in the same situation. I ask for three different rooms, finally get a great one. The CM's were put off by all this. I get home, think about the whole situation, and I'd post something like this:

Great trip, beautiful balcony, the CM's must of thought I was a pain because I asked for 3 different rooms. Not sure if they realized it but the second room I got didn't have a balcony. I never realized that some rooms didn't have balconies or patios. I'm glad DVC was willing to switch rooms so many times. It was a wonderful trip. Hate to be back at work.

If I post that, I should expect a variety of responses. Many would agree that DVC went the extra mile for me. Others might think the rules should change so that the room you get is yours, thats final, etc. All opinions, some may judge, but its that person's opinion thats judging me.

Sometimes taking the bad with the good can make you see things differently. You may look back at a post and think, yeah, it did sound like I was mad and angry with DVC when in fact I wasn't, etc.

Friction isn't a bad thing as long as exchanges don't become heated. Think of all the things we learn by hearing different sides of arguments.

tjkraz said:
Yes, you are.

It still is. Otherwise I doubt you'd be here. :teeth:

Just a quick recap. LakeAriel and I started an exchange around page 14 or 15 of this excessively long thread. I said my peace, we disagreed, and I moved on. About 70 posts were added to the thread before LakeAriel quoted one of my messages and started covering old territory yet again.

Who was attacking whom?

Ok. Point taking but let me ask you this.

Since there is supposed to be so much "Magic" or "Pixie dust" or whatever you guys call it, if she (or anyone else ) attacks you (or whomever) how about being the better person, saying your peace and letting it go and forgiving them?

Just wondering :confused3

But, more often than not...people seem to be "complaining" about their DVC membership....that just brings me down. Lake Ariel might have been REALLY dissatisfied with her selection of rooms, but she posted that VWL was "cold" and implied that they were deceitful in their selection of rooms for her....maybe they were, and maybe they were not....but, anytime a hotel switches you to three different rooms to make you happy....I think that is GREAT customer service!! But...that is not at all the way she presented it. Is it her right to present things as she sees them...absolutely!!! Is it someone else's right to think she is silly for requiring three rooms to find one that is acceptable....absolutely!!! As for who is responsible for "ruining the fun" in this situation....well, that is open for interpretation. I personally found the "image" in my head of hooded people (in bathing suits pool-hopping from value resorts) breaking into first floor rooms a lot "funnier" than I did hearing about switching to three different rooms...the terrible experienced that caused....and how much money she had invested in DVC.

Yep . 3 times does seem like DVC did did a great deal to try to please a customer. Not denying that.

But again, there seems to be a "idea" around here that DVC does no wrong and no one should say anything and take what they get and be happy about it. A while back I have said something about DVC in what I wish they could do and someone as a small bonus for being a DVC member started a rant of "DVC owes you nothing other then your contract blah blah blah" when I was just expressing an opinion. If that is how people want to live that is their choice, but I always try to get the most bang for my buck. We have all spent a small fortune in DVC, no one should get any prefrerence over the other. First come first serve works the best IMHO.

This person in my mind is just a whack job and ain't right in the head IMHO. I was just stating something that I thought would be nice.

DVC is great, I love it, and I am glad I bought it but by no means are they perfect.

As far a moving rooms if I don't like something, yep it may be taking away from another family, but at they same time, I wake up very early to get to WDW in order to have everything taken care of first thing. I realize that everyone can not do this, but life is like that. The family the day ebfore may have gotten a room that would have been gerat for my family, but they were first so it is my "loss" (if you want to call it that) for not coming a day earlier. This is why people line up at shopping malls @ 3:00 am aftre Thanksgiving in order to be the first ones there and get the best sales.

You may think I am a bad person for thinking and acting like that,but so be it.

Just MHO.

P.S. Sorry for the typos, my wireless keyboard is battery is dying.

drakethib said:
Since there is supposed to be so much "Magic" or "Pixie dust" or whatever you guys call it, if she (or anyone else ) attacks you (or whomever) how about being the better person, saying your peace and letting it go and forgiving them?

For those of us with tender, easily bruised feelings, I would post a reminder that anytime one posts anything more controversial than "welcome home" and "pixie dust", one runs the risk of having their words quoted and replied to by someone with a differing opinion.

Is everyone on these boards the epitome of politeness and courtesy? Just as in "real" life, there are those who can't say "Good morning" without tossing in a wisecrack or sarcastic remark. We may have a "mother-in-law" who feels her "outspoken, telling-it-like-it-is" manner is a virtue, while the rest of the family just thinks she is lacking in social skills.

Point is, the boards are made up of people who communicate in a variety of different ways. It's best not to become personally "wounded" by what a faceless poster on the internet writes, or the manner in which they write it.

Personally, I don't mind a discourse with someone who disagrees with me, but once all the ground has been covered, it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep posting the same things over and over and it's time to move on as drakethib suggests.

We may have a "mother-in-law" who feels her "outspoken, telling-it-like-it-is" manner is a virtue, while the rest of the family just thinks she is lacking in social skills.

Jarestel - are we related? ;)

jarestel said:
We may have a "mother-in-law" who feels her "outspoken, telling-it-like-it-is" manner is a virtue, while the rest of the family just thinks she is lacking in social skills.
Thats no mother-in-law, thats my mom. :)

This too happened to us when we checked in as DVC members. The CM made us feel like 2nd class citizens. I find it hard to believe that this is acceptable behavior by Disney. I think that this should be brought up at the next DVC meeting!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter