Treasure Trooper making me see RED Now I see GREEN!!!

Talk to Tricia on the SR forum - I'm pretty sure this problem has come up before. In fact I'm almost 100% positive that someone posted a thread asking how to sign up her mom (or dad??) if she'd already logged onto her personal account while visiting their house - long before it occured to her that her parents might want to sign up one day. I remember Tricia responding that if the poster emailed her certain info, she might be able to reset something somehow. I hope I'm not making this all up - trying to helpful here!!! Hey, it's worth a shot and I agree with a PP, Sunshine is the best out there. And, even better, they have a referral sign up bonus going on right now, so what better time to do it??!! Good luck to you!!!

No even with a laptop you will still be picking up their internet ip. You could try and jump on the neighbor's wireless if any around them have it and they haven't password protected it but that might just not be worth it.

No even with a laptop you will still be picking up their internet ip. You could try and jump on the neighbor's wireless if any around them have it and they haven't password protected it but that might just not be worth it.

That's what I thought - looks like I'll just have to explore the DIS a bit more while I'm gone. Thanks for the help!!

But what happens if the neighbor is a gpt addict like the rest of us?

But what happens if the neighbor is a gpt addict like the rest of us?

well you're screwed there too. Just trying to illustrate what she'd have to try and do which would be difficult as most people psswd protect their wifi nowadays except for one person in my apartment complex named Jessica :sad2:

I have a neighbor "karrie" who also does not feel she has to protect herself. :)

I'm absolutely amazed by the volume of wireless users who don't lock down (maybe don't know how??) their networks. I have a friend who connects to his neighbors open networks and prints a message to their printer that says "your network is wide open, you should protect it"...he's seen a couple get locked down real quick after that, but others stay wide open. Sheesh....scary! :eek:

(for the record, I do NOT condone his hacking behavior!!!)

I'm absolutely amazed by the volume of wireless users who don't lock down (maybe don't know how??) their networks. I have a friend who connects to his neighbors open networks and prints a message to their printer that says "your network is wide open, you should protect it"...he's seen a couple get locked down real quick after that, but others stay wide open. Sheesh....scary! :eek:

(for the record, I do NOT condone his hacking behavior!!!)

haha. Now that is a funny story. While I do have a IS degree (not practicing/working in the industry) I am by far not the smartest cookie when it comes to hardware and networks but I do know how to read a manual and come up with a fairly difficult password to hack into. I think people just believe that with everyone having their own wifi they wouldn't need to hack into theirs?? I don't get it. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter