Treasure Missing Lookout Cay Not An Issue Anymore

I agree that I’m no longer sad to skip LHP. I do have hope that things will be turned around, but not in a year. Heck they just “fixed” DCA for what the third time in 20 years? Haha! But they did make some more quick adjustments.

I will say, as someone going on Treasure cruise #2, I’m less confident that DCL will be more ready than the Wish….

I agree that I’m no longer sad to skip LHP. I do have hope that things will be turned around, but not in a year. Heck they just “fixed” DCA for what the third time in 20 years? Haha! But they did make some more quick adjustments.

I will say, as someone going on Treasure cruise #2, I’m less confident that DCL will be more ready than the Wish….

Yeah I wouldn’t be on the first couple of sailings for the treasure for sure. You’ll also have everyone’s camera in your face from the bloggers too

Yeah I wouldn’t be on the first couple of sailings for the treasure for sure. You’ll also have everyone’s camera in your face from the bloggers too
I’m hoping because it’s not the first cruise but still winter break prices (teacher 😭) I’ll hit a blogger sweet spot between those wanting to be first and those who are not willing to spend the money. I recognize I also may be in denial. 🤣

A part of me was actually thinking of booking the maiden voyage of the treasure while hoping the date gets pushed back like the wish did so that I can get 50% off the sailing like they did for the wish. 🤩

R
A part of me was actually thinking of booking the maiden voyage of the treasure while hoping the date gets pushed back like the wish did so that I can get 50% off the sailing like they did for the wish. 🤩
Right?! I’m pretty sure she’ll sail. But I also think it’s gonna be interesting…

The price is really high now. What if your plan doesn't work?

I'm wondering how bookings are going for the maiden voyage. It's got a lot going against it, the high price and the holiday premium on top of that. Sure there will be lots of folks that have to be on the MV in addition to the usual round of influencers. Disclosure - I did that for the Wish but I'm waiting a few weeks for the Treasure.

I'm wondering how bookings are going for the maiden voyage. It's got a lot going against it, the high price and the holiday premium on top of that. Sure there will be lots of folks that have to be on the MV in addition to the usual round of influencers. Disclosure - I did that for the Wish but I'm waiting a few weeks for the Treasure.
Edit: my mistake I thought you meant the Maiden for Lookout Cay on the Fantasy:
Not good. Saw the reviews of the trip about the excursions on a video on youtube by people on the ship right now. People canceing excursions for the 2nd stop at Lookout Cay and some stating they will stay on the ship!

Last edited:
I am still looking forward to it, I didn't expect perfection out of the gate and while I am not thrilled about the flies, have dealt with them before on vacation. And I knew this was not going to be castaway 2 or dis coco cay or even love island. It's trying something different. If nothing else it will be exposure to a different take on cruise private areas. Worth doing once to find out. Then if I decide I prefer castaway cay, I can return there. I have always wanted to try things for myself, not jump on the sky is falling band wagon. But then, I liked galactic star cruiser too... what do I know? lol.

I can see the new trees planted on some of the videos posted.
This is the opportunity for a young family to sit for a picture each year in the same place with what is now the scrubbiest trees. And then finally at graduation time it will be a lush green background with a beautiful sand beach. I’m hoping someone will do this and send me the pictures if they use my idea. I’ll be in my late 70’s then. So make my day!

I’m hoping because it’s not the first cruise but still winter break prices (teacher 😭) I’ll hit a blogger sweet spot between those wanting to be first and those who are not willing to spend the money. I recognize I also may be in denial. 🤣
The teacher tax is so real -- especially with DCL.... I wish they would offer some sort of educator rate for these folks... They can only travel when the rates are off the charts...

The teacher tax is so real -- especially with DCL.... I wish they would offer some sort of educator rate for these folks... They can only travel when the rates are off the charts...
Teacher tax? A lot of people can only travel when schools are out. Prices are higher when demand is higher. You are no worse off then parents of school age kids.

Well, Disney did it.
They made me not care that the Treasure itineraries will not dock at Lookout Cay. It was the one thing that was making me pause my decision to book the new ship next year over the others ( I can’t afford multiple cruises ). After seeing the previews and experiences of those that have been to the island, its been very dissapointing to say the least. The beach and ocean look fabulous, but everything else looks like a downgrade from Castaway Cay. From the half mile hike you have to walk for transportation (hope they do something about that) to the plain looking buildings, to the Junkanoo celebration that looks underwhelming, and the fly infested food area (this can’t be sanitary so I’m sure they will do something about it soon right!?) its very disappointing.
It also doesn’t seem like they are making much differentiation in what this island is trying to provide as an experience compared to Castaway even IF it was firing on all cylinders. The excursions don’t seem unique or interesting to me, nor the food.
I know there are people who have a hard time criticizing something they love so much like Disney and Cruising but I have to be honest with my feelings. I have not shown my family all the previews released so far as to not risk them becoming disinterested in case the island improves over time and I do want to book it.

Anyone else not basing their decision on a ship/itinerary anymore on whether it was visiting Lookout Cay or not?
Were there any actual paying guests on the Magic or was it a #hosted nonrev cruise?

Teacher tax? A lot of people can only travel when schools are out. Prices are higher when demand is higher. You are no worse off then parents of school age kids.

Plenty of parents of school-age kids do choose to take their kids out for vacations though. They aren't 100% limited to that time - it's just if they choose to take the kids out.

Teachers - unlike other professions - are not given true vacation time where we can request to have a week off during a non-prime vacation time. (As for summers "off" - we are either not paid during the summer or our salary is completely divided over 12 months, so we get less per month, but on the plus side we may not have to get a summer job just to survive.) The only exception I'm aware of are NYC Public School teachers who were working in 2020 and had our Spring Break stolen "to keep the kids inside" and were given 7 vacation days that essentially the only reasons a principal can deny is if too many people already requested the same time off or you didn't follow the at least 10-days notice rule.

Except that school age kids grow up, so it's a relatively short window of restriction for parents. Teachers can't travel at length off season until they hit retirement age. Also, a lot of parents do travel with kids while school is in. They just take their kids out of school for a week or two. Most teachers simply do not have that option.

Last edited:
It does look very blah. Disney completely shot themselves in the foot not buying the MSC island back in the day (which MSC actually owns doesnt rent now).
I don't think MSC's Ocean Cay is large enough for Disney's aspirations? There's no room for a water park at Ocean Cay, for instance. Castaway Cay is approx 10x the size of Ocean Cay.

If anything, I think MSC will be seeking a second, larger private island in the future.

But that aside, there's nothing absolutely set in stone with Lookout Cay, right? They can change things up and add more to the island? They might even be able to add a 2nd pier at some point? While it may not have the wow factor today, I'm sure Disney wanted to get something out quickly so that their island wasn't just "vaporware", and they can iterate from here.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest