Traveling between parks and Snow White

frozonefan

Earning My Ears
About how long does it take to get from one park to the other on a typically crowded day? Do the parks ever reach capacity? The reason i ask is because I was switching parks at WDW and got "locked out." The Magic Kingdom closed because it was at capacity and MGM (the park I was going to) did the same thing.
Also, is there or did there used to be a Snow White show at Disneyland? What shows are worth catching for a break in the day (and for air conditioning)?

Disneyland and California Adventures are across the way from each other, no busses needed, there is a map in a sticky thread on this forum.

Disneyland can and has reached capacity, but I don't know if California Adventures ever has.

Snow White is currently on hiatus, a great show to see is Aladdin in California Adventures and if you have young kids they'll enjoy Playhouse Disney also in CA.

The only question I can answer is the one about traveling between the parks. The parks are very close together, and it only takes about 5 minutes to walk out the gates of Disneyland to the entrance area of DCA (or vice versa).

I know several people had reported that Disneyland reached capacity and didn't admit additional guests during weekends in December. When are you thinking of going?

I am planning on going in late August, probably on a Friday. I only have one day and I want to sample both parks since it will be my first time at Disneyland. Park hours for that day are Disneyland-8:00am to Midnight, and DCA 10:00am-9:00pm. So I'm thinking I'll get to disneyland at the crack of dawn, do as much as I can until lunch, head over to DCA and hit the highlights and be back at Disneyland by 5:00 until?? How's that sound?

It would take 5 minutes to go from DL to DCA if you included the standing in line to exit DL and get your hand stamped, the obligatory photo in front of the giant C A L I F O R N I A, the security check at DCA, and then entering that park. Unless you go when its opening for DCA. :teeth:

I think you will do fine on a Friday in late August. Is it the Friday before Labor Day? Then it might get kinda crazy, but you should still be able to see an awful lot in a day. Not everything, but a lot.

edited for a spelling error...

Absolutely see the Aladdin show in DCA. It is an amazing show and you will love it! Also, at that time of year, a break in an air conditioned theater is a good thing!

There is no longer a security check at DCA. There is one bag check at either end of the area between the two parks.

Disneyland has reached capacity in July and December. It's rare that it would reach capacity in August. If it does you will have pleanty of notice. First they stop selling new tickets, then they stop letting in new admissions and finally they stop letting in re-admissions until a specific number of people have left the park. This number is set by the fire marshall and Disney cannot control it.

The Snow White show is on a [permanent] haitus. Don't count on it ever coming back. It cost a lot of money to run and did not get enough attendance.

According to mousplanet snow white is expected to return for it's final season this summer. It's a good show I enjoyed it so hopefully you will get to see it. The show is outside though under some tarps so it's not in the air conditioning and it's on metal bleachers. I went the last week in August last year and wasn't too hot watching it so it shouldn't be that bad.

Your plan sounds good, get there as soon as the park opens know what rides you are going to ride, use fast pass and then when it gets crowded head over to DCA for awhile.

You should be fine if the park reaches capacity there are a few stages in 'capacity' and if you already have your ticket you are in the last stage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter