Travel Insurance - when to purchase and for what?

maplevale

Mouseketeer
I know this will be subjective.... but just looking for thoughts and opinions.

We have a resort package booked for September. Based on the website ...

"you can cancel your reservation without penalty 30 or more days before your arrival date. But reservations canceled inside the 30-day window are assessed a $200 cancellation fee - which basically means that you will be refunded any monies paid but won’t receive your deposit back. Finally, if you cancel the day before your arrival, the full price of your package is non-refundable! "

If we buy travel insurance (cancellation/interruption) now (March) for the full dollar value of flights and resorts (~$8k), it seems like a bit of a waste. Is this why it seems common on this board for people to purchase the flights that allow changes? That way you are taking advantage of the Disney policy on your booking but if you need to make changes you are covered through your airline?

Am I overthinking this? LOL. $100-150/per person (x4) to upgrade from Basic to Econo Flex with WestJet or $700 to purchase Cancellation (interruption, baggage delay etc insurance through a third party) For many years I have just been booking packages and it rolls it all together because you are pre-paying everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter