• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel Documents???

anorman

Greetings from The Great White North
I booked a stay at POR with free dining when it came out first and I have not yet received any travel documents. Do they send these out shortly after you book or is it a certain timeframe before you arrive? I wonder if I should contact Disney to enquire. My stay is not until mid August.

i don't think i've ever received any hard documents. Did you get a confirmation email? Can you see the reservation in MDE?

Yes I did get an email and I can see the reservation in MDE. However it says in the email that

"Travel Documents

Your travel documents will be shipped to the address below..... (insert my address here)"

It is probably referring to your Magical Express tags(if you are flying). That is the only thing we have received, as well as our Magic Bands, for a trip in two weeks. I didn't receive any other documents. The days of the vouchers and fun pamphlets seem to be gone. I hope this helps, I don't think you have any reason to be concerned. Have a great trip!

It is probably referring to your Magical Express tags(if you are flying). That is the only thing we have received, as well as our Magic Bands, for a trip in two weeks. I didn't receive any other documents. The days of the vouchers and fun pamphlets seem to be gone. I hope this helps, I don't think you have any reason to be concerned. Have a great trip!

We got a booklet about our "Incredible" vacation and also a booklet of vouchers. The vouchers didn't come until shortly before the trip. I don't remember when the other booklet came...maybe about 6 months out from our trip?

We got a booklet about our "Incredible" vacation and also a booklet of vouchers. The vouchers didn't come until shortly before the trip. I don't remember when the other booklet came...maybe about 6 months out from our trip?
Weird, we didn't get any vouchers this trip. We leave in two weeks. We have a package booked. Thanks for the info, I'll ask when I arrive.

I've had different experiences. Sometimes I get a "Things to Do" package. Obviously, DME comes through. And, I'll get the take home prints every now and then. Other than DME (or documents for international travelers), the "travel documents" are more convenience/information rather than required items.

For our past few trips, we've received the booklet with the Incredibles on it shortly after booking (within a few weeks). Then we receive the DME mailing with luggage tags about 4 weeks before and Magic Bands about 3 weeks before check in. If booking a package, we usually get another book with the package vouchers about a month before. But we haven't booked a package in 3 or 4 years.

We have a package booked with dining and tickets and resort stay. I understand because we are Canadian we do not get our Magicbands sent in the mail. I had forgotten about the luggage tags although we will not be using the DME as we will be renting a car. The vouchers would be nice though.

I booked a stay at POR with free dining when it came out first and I have not yet received any travel documents. Do they send these out shortly after you book or is it a certain timeframe before you arrive? I wonder if I should contact Disney to enquire. My stay is not until mid August.
They usually mail out the magic bands and luggage tags about 30 days prior to the trip, but I think the incredible vacation booklet comes about 2 to 3 months in advance.

They usually mail out the magic bands and luggage tags about 30 days prior to the trip, but I think the incredible vacation booklet comes about 2 to 3 months in advance.

The Incredibles booklet comes long before that. Mine had the date I could start booking ADRs in it. So it was at least 6 months.

I guess things have changed. We haven't booked a package in years. We book room only. But when we did book packages we got a packet mailed after the 45 day paid in full date with a coupon book in it there was our meal plan entitlements and various coupons for discounts fo spas, boat rentals, mini golf, and arcade. DME tags came seperatly.

We got the Incredibles book about 2 weeks after we booked our trip & got book with coupons & vouchers in it about 2 weeks ago & we arrive on 6/3

I think the booklets just haven't come out yet for people who booked right when Free Dining came out. They probably had a lot of bookings then, so maybe a delay?

For my experience: I originally booked POR in Sept 2016 for a Sept 2017 visit. Sometime last fall I got the Incredibles book. Then while waiting for free dining I freaked out and started booking filler packages-Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge; I cancelled both of those within about a week. But my booklets came for each of those in the past 2 weeks (they now have the castle on the front, not Incredibles). When Room discounts came out I realized that was a better deal so I booked at POFQ; still haven't gotten the booklet yet for that.

Your Magical Express documents will ship out about 4-6 weeks prior to your trip. Once you customize your magic bands, they will ship approx. 30 days prior to your trip. That's the only documents I've ever gotten.

Our booklet came yesterday; we booked a free dining deal the day it was released. The booklet points out some key dates (dining reservations, fast pass booking), but otherwise isn't needed. It's fun to get it in the mail, but don't panic if you don't have it.

You'll receive your "final travel documents" after you pay for your package in full. When booking a package (room and tickets or room, tickets, dining) final payment is due 30 days before departure, and the booklet is sent about a week later. Documents no longer have your information printed on the first page, rather it's just an insert now that has your name. At least, that's what I've been getting for my clients - I'm a travel agent. And, to be honest, while it's nice to have those documents in hand (and keep them as I've done with mine in years past), you really don't need documents to check-in at the hotel. Just your name, ID and a credit card. If this is regarding the "welcome/thank you for booking" booklet, I received mine about a month after I put a deposit on my room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter