Travel agent?

AGP

Mouseketeer
Hi- wondering if it is worth it to use a travel agent or should I just book through calling Disney? I want to add some days before and need help figuring out flights (it doesn’t really say what time the flight should arrive- and what if I am coming early?). Thanks!

Hi- wondering if it is worth it to use a travel agent or should I just book through calling Disney? I want to add some days before and need help figuring out flights (it doesn’t really say what time the flight should arrive- and what if I am coming early?). Thanks!
Each itinerary on the ABD website has an arrival/departure section that will tell you when your flights should arrive and leave. You may need to click the more button a couple of times for it to appear. You can also call ABD and ask them.

Whether or not you book your ABD through a travel agent is up to you. I never do. I call them directly and ask them any questions I have. I’m a DVC member, so I normally use my points to book and use a slightly different process. However, I always book my own flights and come in early and stay later for most ABDs I’ve done (9 to date). I normally try to stay in the same hotel the ABD does for my pre-nights, but book it myself—it’s normally cheaper. I do the same for my post nights. I let ABD know my flights and hotels before my trip and they make a note of it. They then let me know if they will transfer me to the hotel or if I need to get my own transportation. I normally come in anywhere from 2-7 days early depending on how much sightseeing I want to do before the ABD begins. If the trip ends in a different city from where it began, I do the same thing. I’ve never had any issues.

The Disboards are affiliated with Dreams Unlimited Travel and they offer a booking discount when you book an ABD with them. I just booked an early booking with my Dreams agent, Eileen, and we received $1300 off our total price. I always use Eileen to book cruises too, as we get ship board credit through Dreams. It's a nice little added bonus. On top of that, it's so convenient, as our agent handles calling booking the trip, adding additional nights for us, etc.

Unless you find a travel agent offering a discount not available elsewhere, I don't find they add any value to making your reservations. If staying on the property, good to know that once a TA handles your reservation, Disney will no longer speak directly with you if you have any questions.

Reactions: AGP
Unless you find a travel agent offering a discount not available elsewhere, I don't find they add any value to making your reservations. If staying on the property, good to know that once a TA handles your reservation, Disney will no longer speak directly with you if you have any questions.
The OP is asking about Adventures by Disney. Group tours, including A by Disney, offfer deals, incentives and commissions to TAs. Discounts of 5 - 10% are frequently available. Deals are offered by specialty TAs like Dreams and by large volume agencies such AS COSTCO Travel.

TAs can generally save $, or offer extras, when booking group tours, cruises and frequently all inclusive resorts.

Airline tickets may cost more when booked through a TA

It can also be cheaper for airfare, depending. Several folk on here have mentioned having their TA find better prices than they themselves were able to. Could very well be they could have eventually found the same deal if they knew where to look, or did a search at the same time, but it doesn't cost anything to ask what they can offer and then just book it on your own if you can beat their price.

The airline ticket price is the same when purchased through a TA, but the TA can add a "service charge" for obtaining the ticket for you.

-Paul
Hotels, concerts and airline tickets are being forced to display all in pricing. Thr total price of my airline ticket includes ULCC internet ticketing fee as well as TA commissions.
It can also be cheaper for airfare, depending. Several folk on here have mentioned having their TA find better prices than they themselves were able to. Could very well be they could have eventually found the same deal if they knew where to look, or did a search at the same time, but it doesn't cost anything to ask what they can offer and then just book it on your own if you can beat their price.
You can generally beat the price if you book the exact flight the TA suggests directly with the airline.

Consider using a travel agent for convenience, but you can also call Disney directly for flight details; personally, I suggest staying at the same hotel for extended stays to save money and ensure a smooth trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter