Toystoryduo's Journal....Moving Forward From Here

Hi Tracy nice to hear from you.Hope all is well with your gang-hopefully that bug will leave your house soon.

Have a great day

Linda

I hope you are all feeling better now and that DH DIDN'T get sick. That bug is going around DD's school right now. So far, so good for her (and us).

Great deal on all the books. Yes, it is always sad though when a business like that closes.

Have a great weekend and hope DD has a great soccer if one is planned. Do they both play?

Good morning Tracy!

Hope all is well around your house!

I love the great deal that you got at Borders! There's nothing like a good book bargain, that's why I go to the library sales. Sometimes I find books that don't even look like they've been read.

Let me know what type of books you enjoy and your favorite authors. I have a circle of friends who share books and don't want them back so I'd be happy to send you some if I have any of the authors that you like.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Hi Tracy
How did Jury Duty go? Praying you all are over being sick and things are going well up you way.

Thanks ladies!:grouphug:

I'm sorry I haven't been around for awhile. The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy.

Let's see...I didn't get called for Jury Duty (yay!), DD10's soccer team won their tournament last weekend (way to go!) , and we are making some very good progress on our Disney savings for December's trip (woohoo!). :goodvibes

The bad news? I am at my highest weight ever. :( As a matter of fact, I am 4 pounds over the number on the scale I swore I would never get to. This extra weight is really affecting my health. I am in pain a lot, I'm not sleeping well, I'm not able to keep up, e.t.c. I just don't feel very good right now. :(

Today's Plan:
* School
* Surveys
* Work for DH
* Disney Meeting

This weekend, we have soccer (weather permitting), a huge rummage sale to check out, my DH deejays, grocery shopping, and hopefully, a nice, quiet Sunday. I will spend some time planning healthy meals (before grocery shopping) and getting some exercise in too.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!:goodvibes

Happy Weekend!:goodvibes

The soccer game was canceled for today. The fields were in really bad condition last weekend and it has been raining consistently since Thursday. I can't imagine what condition the fields are in now. :eek:

We'll be leaving in a little while to go to my favorite rummage sale of the year! :cool1: It's at a local church and today is their bag sale. Before noon, it's $5 a bag and after noon, it's $2 a bag. We usually get a lot of clothes and school books at these sales so we're really looking forward to going. :goodvibes

We could use some good thoughts, prayers, and pixie dust...Our oven isn't working (again!), our dishwasher is on it's last leg (unless DH can find replacement parts), and our heating element went on our dryer last night. UGH! :( I feel like our appliances are ganging up on us! LOL! :laughing: I really hope we can find the replacement parts we need because I'd really rather not replace entire appliances right now.

Today's Plan:
* Surveys (5 already!)
* Rummage Sale
* Library
* Drop DH off
* Menu Planning
* Grocery Shopping
* WATP- 1 mile at least

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!:grouphug:

Tracy, I hope the rummage sale went well and you got lots of good buys!

I am so sorry about your appliances, that really stinks. We had this happen a couple of years ago and it was so hard on the budget we got a home warranty policy that covers all our applicances, ac, furnace etc. We have to pay it every month (its around $39) but its more than paid for itself.

Sounds like a busy weekend even with no soccer!

As for the scale, I know how you feel. I am in pain a lot too. Menu planning is a good way to beat that scale. When I preplan meals I save money and calories so good job with that! You can do this Wish Sis.:hug:

Thanks Amy. :hug:

The past 48 hours have been filled with appliance failures, work drama, and other daily stressors and all I can say is....

Thank you, Lord that we are under the 60 day mark for our trip!:cool1:

We need a vacation so badly, especially my poor DH who has had 10 times more stress than usual lately. The poor guy. :sad1:

I can honestly say that I don't regret canceling September's trip, but we are looking forward to December's trip even more now! :goodvibes

Today's Plan:
* School (independent work)
* Surveys (my last month to cash out before trip)
* Transition summer/winter clothes
* Craigslist/eBay/sell items

I also need to work on our schedules for the next two months. We are busy now, but things are about to get VERY busy here soon and I want to make sure I have as much written down as possible so I don't forget anything.

We are now at 89% of the money we need for our trip! I am soooo excited about that!:woohoo: Usually, we have the majority of our trip paid off before we go, but not all of it. (usually charge car rental and pay it off a couple of months later) Plus, in the past, I have always forgotten to budget for pet sitting and this time the pet fund is fully funded!:goodvibes I got a refund from an overpayment to the hospital yesterday and DH will get his cell phone reimbursement so we'll add that to the Disney fund and get to that 100% ASAP. Once we have the trip fully funded, we can go ahead and save for extras like mini golf, souvenirs, e.t.c.

Well, that's about all from here. Hope everyone has a great day!:grouphug:

:hug: to you my friend. :hug: Bless your heart, you are dealing with some stuff.
I have confidence in your DH that as long as he can find the parts, he can keep your appliances running. And washing dishes by hand isn't quite so bad, dish washers make great drying racks.

I hope your weather improves soon. Soggy soccer fields are no fun. Makes for some very muddy laundry.

Congrats to you on the vacation budget. You have done awesome with that. I think your trip will be that much better because the entire time you will have the knowledge that it is all paid for.

Under 60 days for you! :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks, Lisa! :hug:

Do you hear that? It's peace and quiet! At least it will be for a few minutes. My DH had to run some errands and took the kids with him. :thumbsup2

It's been a very busy couple of weeks. My DH was able to get the appliances and the furnace fixed. Thank you, Lord! :goodvibes We do have to replace our kitchen floor though and we were blessed with a great deal on laminate flooring, so we got enough to do the living room too. Of course, we have to re-paint the walls before we put the floor down. Oh, and did I mention that the girls would love their room to be re-painted too? Oh, and maybe a new dresser to replace the one that broke? Oh, and new bunk beds and a new mattress since the dog had a field day with the old one? Don't you LOVE how remodeling projects morph into something else?!?!? LOL! :laughing: And did I mention that all of this needs to be done by November 19th when we are having DD10's birthday?!?!?:scared1:

Okay, deep breath....Moving on!

Today, we are going to my cousin's 16th birthday party and to Home Depot to get paint and a tub surround. Tomorrow, we'll go to church, come home, and get started on the remodeling projects. My DH has a very busy week ahead and tomorrow is his only real chance to get something done.

We are almost completely funded for our Disney trip!:cool1: The two categories we are still working on are food and fuel for the rental car. We need $445 and so far, we have $254.41 or 57%. The rest of the categories (hotel, car rental, pet sitter, and Disney and Legoland tickets) are 100% funded. Yay!:yay:

Once we get the other 43% (or $190.59) in the bank, we will continue to save money for any extras: mini golf, Wolfgang Puck Express, rent a boat, Wolfgang Puck Express, souvenirs, Wolfgang Puck Express, e.t.c. (Wolfgang Puck Express!:lovestruc )

Well, that's about all from here. Have a wonderful weekend!:hug:

Kudos on getting the trip paid for. You are SO good at that!

Home repairs are NOT particularly fun and usually one thing leads to another & another & another. I dread getting started re-doing more of our house, but it's almost 17 yrs old, so it's coming.

Hang in there! I know you will find 'deals' to make it not so painful!

Hope your week is going good so far! How is school?

Wolfgang Puck Express is a good priority in my book!

So glad your dh got the appliances fixed and even though its a pain, painting and other home improvements feel so good when they are done!

Awesome job at getting new flooring, getting your trip paid for and staying sane with all you have going on!

I can't believe dd will be 10. She was a toddler when I first met you on the dis. Where does time go?

Hope you are having a great day!

Thanks ladies!:hug:

It has been a very busy week here! Ripping up floors, work, school, e.t.c.

Yesterday, I was in the ER with sharp, stabbing pain in my side. Wanna guess the diagnosis? Another kidney stone! UGH!:headache: Very frustrating, but just another reminder that I need to take better care of my own health.

Today's Plan:
* School
* Surveys
* Work for DH
* Work on planning DD's birthday
* Work on budget
* Work on Christmas list

I really, really, really need to sit down and make lists of things that need to be done in the next few weeks. If I don't, I can see a lot of things not getting done or forgotten. I wish I was much better organized right now. We just have so much going on....

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!:grouphug:

Julie- Thanks!:hug: School is going well. :) The girls are enjoying this school year a lot more than they did last year. I think it's mostly due to the curriculum changes that we made.

Amy- Thanks!:hug: I can't believe my DD will be 11 years old in just a few short weeks. :eek: How is that even possible? :confused3 Time really does goes by so fast!

It's been a loooong time since I've been on these journals! But wanted to pop in and see how things were going!

Yikes hope that kidney stone passes without too much trouble! Sounds painful!

Tracy, I am so sorry you are plagued with yet another kidney stone!:hug: I hope you are feeling better and that this one passes without too much pain and time. You poor thing.

I hear you on organization, but as you say, you have quite a bit going on. Just get done what you can and remember, your body's rest and recooperation is number one on that list!

Sending lots of prayers out to you my friend.:goodvibes

Thanks ladies!

Let's recap the week:

* All old flooring is ripped up and new flooring is waiting to be installed.
* Our oven is about ready to go kaput.
* I found out I have another kidney stone.
* Yesterday, the kids broke our recliner.
* Today, my computer would not start. With all the chaos going on, guess who forgot to back the hard drive up? :rolleyes1
* My DH was called in to work not once, but twice today and couldn't get any work done in the house. (Well, except for getting rid of part of the wall.)

Sigh... And the items on my to do list that need to get done, haven't gotten done. :(

I'm glad the new week starts tomorrow!:goodvibes

Tomorrow after church, I am going to meet a couple of friends for coffee. I'm hoping I can relax, even if it's just for an hour or two.

Well, that's about all from here. Please pray that this kidney stone makes a quick exit! Thanks and have a great weekend!:hug:

:grouphug: Tracy,

Sure sounds like it's been a rough week. Try to relax and enjoy some "me" time today! Even if it is just for an hour or two.

Thanks Des!:goodvibes It was a rough week. :( We did postpone working on the house yesterday. We decided to just relax and enjoy the day. :goodvibes

Today's Plan:
* Work on DD10's birthday party plans
* Clean the office
* Paint
* Surveys (almost at goal!)
* Work on this week's schedule
* Work for DH
* Laundry
* WATP or weights
* Call the doctor

I will feel much better once I see our schedule on paper. We have so much going on that my head is spinning!:eek:

Have a great day everyone!:wizard:

Just take things one task at a time, Tracy! Hope you got it all accomplished!

Thanks Des!:goodvibes

It's been a long week. Work, remodeling, budgeting, party planning, trying to find things, e.t.c. Of course, the weekend is going to be super busy so we won't have much of a chance to relax this weekend.

I didn't weigh in today. I have been stress eating this week and I know the number on the scale will upset me. It's my own fault of course, but I don't want to add to the stress overload right now. I will weigh in next Friday though and try and be more mindful of my eating in the week to come.

Today's Plan:
* Surveys
* Work for DH
* Going out for dinner
* Hook up printer to laptop
* Try and restore my DH's billing from the other computer

Tomorrow: Final soccer game of the year + awards, pumpkin carving, Home Depot and Lowe's, work on house

Sunday: Work on house

We may take Monday off to relax if we get enough done this weekend. We'll just kind of wait and see...

Have a nice weekend!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter